V 3.1.3 Go app out in play store

They used to be there when it was Google maps, then they vanished with Here maps. On a couple of occasions I have seen maps when connected to home wifi but not always. When I did I tried scrolling around and zooming in and stuff but they'd vanish when I went outside and connected to drone instead. I have an android device with no option to cache maps....my reading here indicates that android automatically caches.
However, I have just opened the GO app now and suddenly I have google maps back!! I bet it's too good to be true and reverts like others have though.
Now I need to check and is if Google Map is back. But once cached, if you're not doing a power cycle I see no reason for losing a map that was just there just because of switching Wi-Fi ssid's.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well none of the tricks to obtain google maps worked for me. In fact I have gone from bad to worst. While it says that I have google maps the windows is blank/grey. Any attempt to get back to Here maps fails. I even went as far as deleting all app data, uninstalling then re-installing the app. When I re-load the app I always get the blank Google map. Only way to get Here maps is to disconnect from the drone and connect to local wifi. Once Here maps are loaded I reconnect back to drone and Voila.... blank Google maps......
And this issue is happening if you're keeping your device powered on? Not doing a power cycle.

Hi all,

There is a simple way to use previous version as 3.1.3.
It's a bit constraining as you need to apply it each time, but it works...

1. Download previous version of DJI GO, for example 3.0.1, from apk pure
2. Turn airplane mode on
3. Uninstall version 3.1.3 of DJO GO
4. Install version 3.0.1
5. Do not turn airplane mode off until your next fly

Julien
But don't you need to register the software with the DJI servers on the first load of it?

I took my p3s out today for a quick flight. Had here maps but when I started everything up ( drone, rc, app ) I had Google maps but I had to zoom in because the map was showing all of the USA.

I took my p3s out today for a quick flight. Had here maps but when I started everything up ( drone, rc, app ) I had Google maps but I had to zoom in because the map was showing all of the USA.
Is device your using have cell service activated?

I had all updates turned off and was having no maps at all. Deleted Dji Go -then hooked to WiFi, updated everything on my phone and tablet that needed updated, installed fresh Dji GO and now have no issues so far. Have used up 4 batteries since.

That's what I thought. Have been reading on other threads that if your device is a non-cell (no sim) unit that gets the map detail via wifi only, it's the Here map you get. But if you device does have cell data, then you can get the Google maps out in the field via 3G/4G service.

Just to throw a bit of happy energy into this thread:)
Brand new P3S updated to 1.8.10 firmware and DJI Go app 3.1.3
First flight on this bird and I took it out to 566 meters (1856ft) 80 meters alt.
No connection warnings, no video drop-outs minimal to no lag on my Moto x Play phone.
Still had lots of signal strength but play time was limited by family time.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Cheers,
Geoff

Reactions: mdowney58
Now I need to check and is if Google Map is back. But once cached, if you're not doing a power cycle I see no reason for losing a map that was just there just because of switching Wi-Fi ssid's.

I can agree with you on the switching SSID bit. However, it happens in my case. I'm not concerned now since I was only bench testing the app. I don't intend to use it for actual flight because my confidence in the consistency of this app has been broken. If it does not work as expected at my work bench, I certainly will not use it in the field.

Last edited:
Check if you turned off "Calibrate Amaps" in the app's settings after you updated the app. I believe that is a default setting with a newly updated app.
Enable Amap (for China Mainland) is off. I don't see a Calibrate Amaps..

This map thing seems terribly random. What is meant by doing a power cycle? If those who have mentioned it mean restarting your device then no, I have not done that between viewing maps indoors on wifi and going outside. I still have Google maps this arvo but I can't fly for the wind to see what happens.

Or some jealousy at your distance ;):p
Lol, I was quite pleased with it for a first flight. I did another flight on my other P3S this evening and got similar results with the same firmware/app combination. I'll be taking both birds out for more testing tomorrow and I'll post my results here.

Reactions: miskairal
Enable Amap (for China Mainland) is off. I don't see a Calibrate Amaps..

This map thing seems terribly random. What is meant by doing a power cycle? If those who have mentioned it mean restarting your device then no, I have not done that between viewing maps indoors on wifi and going outside. I still have Google maps this arvo but I can't fly for the wind to see what happens.
Does your device also have cell service, is it 3G 4G capable? If so read my post number 148 this threat.

there is an update for apple users where they are now apparently getting GOOGLE maps on apple devices , could there be another update coming for us android users that will give us full GOOGLE maps ?????

Brand new P3s, 1.8.10 and Go App 3.1.3. Zero issues here either. Strong signals, video lag barely there. Happy here

there is an update for apple users where they are now apparently getting GOOGLE maps on apple devices , could there be another update coming for us android users that will give us full GOOGLE maps ?????
I believe IOS always had Google Map.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94