V 3.1.3 Go app out in play store

App permisions?

That indeed is the question. Some peeps are reporting it's ok but it's way too early. If they did fix the home point issue but nothing else then it's going to be a roll-of-the-dice.
That was the only bug.

Hey.. wait... it isnt april 1st.. no april fools here :)

It is some kind of bug cause here maps is used after 3.0.1. Somehow my 3.1.1 used google maps when I installed it and day after the here maps were back.. :/

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Twilight Zone.jpg

just turned everything on , yup google maps back , but greyed out no detail , just connected to home Wi-Fi still got google and now caching maps , connected back to phantom still got google maps , don't know what will happen when I turn everything off and try again !!

Hmm, so is the forced update a way for DJI to cover their butts because of this flyaway issue? I guess one can't blame them for that, but if it doesn't fix the issue, now you have everyone on a bad version without any way to downgrade (without cutting off Internet access).

Yes, I bet it will keep somebody from installing the HPFAFW. (Home Point Fly Away Firm Ware) :eek:

Rod

just turned everything on , yup google maps back , but greyed out no detail , just connected to home Wi-Fi still got google and now caching maps , connected back to phantom still got google maps , don't know what will happen when I turn everything off and try again !!
Have not flown yet, but my RC's location is right on for now. I have Here maps on version 3.1.3, not Google. Are you on a Android device?

Yup. If I am connected to bird I have Google. IF I'm connected to wifi I have here. But really good Here. Looks totally different than the original Here.

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

So this is made easy :)

1) Start phantom and rc
2) Connect to phantoms wifi
3) Launch DJI Go(grayed google maps)
4) Disconnect phantom wifi and let your mobile data(3/4g) cache the maps
5) Connect back to phantoms wifi
6) Enjoy your flight with google maps :)

Wow! This is incredible. Just confirmed that I cannot use 3.0.1 anymore. So let me size this up. DJI puts out a buggy version where some folks are getting fly aways due to DJI's incompetence. Yeah, we could argue that knowledgeable pilots would know how to cancel the RTH and take control, but that does not excuse the negligence and lack of QC. This pretty much forces us to downgrade to a workable version. So they put out a fix and FORCE everyone to upgrade? Bogus! A more palatable solution would be to use the popup if it is verified that the user is on the 3.1.2 version with the bug, but removing my ability to fly with whatever version I want is just plain unacceptable. DJI, you've lost my faith in your ability to write a quality app. How can we be sure this version doesn't have some other costly bug in it? I ain't rolling those dice with my precious bird! Looks like another litchi sale coming up....
</vent>

1) Start phantom and rc

Is your device iOS or Android?

1) Start phantom and rc

hey , that works , who figured that out ? but you will have to do it every flight .

Of course Dji wants that people use the latest version, but they could program it that way if user is using 3.1.2(home point bug) then it forces to update.

Atleast they could let the user choose map platform (gmaps vs here).

I live in Finland and here maps are low graphics and there is clouds on satellite photos.

There is always litchi available if you dont want to use go as flying app.

Has anyone tested distance flights with this 3.1.3? I'm asking cause 3.0.1 gets way better distances than 3.1.1/3.1.2

<daydreaming>
****.. If we had the source code for go app we could change it to use only gmaps and compile it that way..
</daydreaming>

just tried it again can't get google , seems to be hit or miss , could be my 3g/ 4g connectivity
Well I've tried that trick, and it does NOT work. Now my device doesn't have cell service, I have to use home wifi to cache maps. That is one difference, but I cleared my tablet's cache, forced closed the Go app, and powered cycled the tablet. But it's only the Here map that I ever get.

<daydreaming>
****.. If we had the source code for go app we could change it to use only gmaps and compile it that way..
</daydreaming>

You still getting Google maps on version 3.1.3 of Go?

Is the new app really that bad?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
No, so far so good from what I've been reading here and on the DJI forum. It's just some of us were downgrading to lower versions of Go to be able to use Google maps and not the Here maps. And it's just the being "FORCE" thing to get over.

DJI must pay for the maps.. Here maps are cheaper and google maps are more expensive.

If we consider the whole market I still think that more than half are happy with here maps and doesn't care. = DJI doesnt care

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.