Reaction score
Not sure how all of the camera/fpv stuff works and since I dont have the camera on this P2 but it does have the mini iOSD installed. I didnt know if there is a way to use a cell phone/tablet just to get the information from the drone while flying sight only. Or does it require a camera in order to get the info from the drone to eith a tablet or fpv monitor. I do have another smaller drone that I can fly FPV and it comes with a small camera and a monitor but it doesnt show any info like the phantoms do, just video and when its recording or taking a pic. So I know a little but not enough...yet. Please help
Right now I am using only a P2 but I have a P2 vision + on the way but again it doesnt have a camera or anything. Would that one work without a camera but send info from the drone to a cell phone/tablet?

I am not sure you could ever get the info from a mini OSD to display on a cell phone or tablet, the P2NV just wasn't designed that way. It requires a monitor of some sort, most commonly a hobby monitor in the 7" or 8" range. If you have the quad why not add the proper camera/gimbal gear to it? At the very least mount an FPV or sports cam on it.

Not sure how all of the camera/fpv stuff works and since I dont have the camera on this P2 but it does have the mini iOSD installed. I didnt know if there is a way to use a cell phone/tablet just to get the information from the drone while flying sight only. Or does it require a camera in order to get the info from the drone to eith a tablet or fpv monitor. I do have another smaller drone that I can fly FPV and it comes with a small camera and a monitor but it doesnt show any info like the phantoms do, just video and when its recording or taking a pic. So I know a little but not enough...yet. Please help
Right now I am using only a P2 but I have a P2 vision + on the way but again it doesnt have a camera or anything. Would that one work without a camera but send info from the drone to a cell phone/tablet?

One thing for is that you cannot use wifi on a P2 non-vision even if you had a camera as the P2 nv operates on a frequency of 2.4GHz which is what wifi operates on. So have a mini iOSD does you no good if you don't have the rest of FPV system.

Of course you have the almost the same problem with the P2 vision + without a camera that you are waiting for

so basically I need to get me a camera and a monitor. Is it the phantom 3 that uses a cellphone or tablet as well as a monitor or can that be used on any p2-p3 .
I have 2 controllers, the older version that came with the p2 and also the updated controller that has a dial on the upper left corner. That would work for either drone correct? The mini iosd on my P2 can that be used on the P2v+ or does that require one?

The P2v+ is a self contained system if it was all there, just add a phone or tablet. The P2 Zen requires a monitor. The P3 requires a phone or device, no monitors. The P3A/P has an option to add an HDMI port and send a feed out through that. Your P2 TX'x should work fine, I believe the P2V+ had the built in tilt wheel in the upper corner.

so basically I need to get me a camera and a monitor. Is it the phantom 3 that uses a cellphone or tablet as well as a monitor or can that be used on any p2-p3 .
I have 2 controllers, the older version that came with the p2 and also the updated controller that has a dial on the upper left corner. That would work for either drone correct? The mini iosd on my P2 can that be used on the P2v+ or does that require one?

You have a P2 vision on its way and neither of the controller you have will operate the P2 vision + as its operating frequency 5.8GHZ and the two controllers you have are the P2 non-vision at a frequency of 2.4GHz.

Yes you can use a phone or tablet with the P2 vision +.

well I have a phone and a tablet but niether one come with a camera or gimble but the P2 has the mini iosd along with all the cables so that one I would just need to add a camera and a gimble. Not sure what the P2v+ has in it but for sure no camera or gimble. However if I add a camera to any of them it most likely will be on the P2v+ since I have had problems with the P2. It has been a great teacher so far and hopefully I will have better luck with the vision+

I guess I assumed you has a P2 controller for each quad, P2V+ and P2. They look the same but as Jason stated they work on different frequencies. The giveaway for a P2V+ will be a range extender box on it and a device holder.

well I have a phone and a tablet but niether one come with a camera or gimble but the P2 has the mini iosd along with all the cables so that one I would just need to add a camera and a gimble. Not sure what the P2v+ has in it but for sure no camera or gimble. However if I add a camera to any of them it most likely will be on the P2v+ since I have had problems with the P2. It has been a great teacher so far and hopefully I will have better luck with the vision+

Here's what you need for FPV with the P2 nv a camera (GoPro), Gimbal, video transmitter, mini iOSD (you already have), plug n play cable and a diversity monitor/receiver.,

So I have a question along these lines. I just purchased a walkera G2D gimbal, IOSD mini, and an ilook cam, and monitor. I have almost all of it working (IOSD mini and pitch control from remote to gimbal). Does anyone know if the IOSD mini can tie into the ilook? ( they have a built in transmitter attached to cam). Yes I know this set up is cheap but it works for now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31