/!\ Using the 7th channel patch WILL disable Gimbal tab!

N

Noël

I updated my PV2 yesterday with the new Phantom Vision v2.0, and after updating the Phantom Assistant software and the PV2 all looked okay till I wanted to make some tilt changes to my beloved Taco-RC gimbal.

Problem was that I could not find the gimbal settings that was normally located under the Advanced tab in the previous Phantom Vision Assistant software.
Other users told me that they did see the gimbal settings, and the only difference was that they did not use the 7th channel patch.

Well.. Guess what... The 7th channel patch is causing this issue!

Have a look at the images below.

7th channel set to H3-2D (gimbal tab missing)

H3-2D-Gimbal-missing.png

7the channel set to original mode (Vision) (gimbal tab showing)

Vision-Gimbal-ok.png

I don't think it so much limits the range, but allows you the option of limiting yours. You can adjust the limits. I kind of like it in that it might be an extra failsafe in the event of a flyaway?

jimdenburg said:
I don't think it so much limits the range, but allows you the option of limiting yours. You can adjust the limits. I kind of like it in that it might be an extra failsafe in the event of a flyaway?

It limits you to under 5000 ft
I just don't see why this update benefits us
Looks to me like the FAA made them do it

It might default at that #, but I believe I read that you can plug in your own values. Haven't done it to mine yet, waiting until I put it back together!

My god how high do you need to go? 5000 feet! This has been a feature on the naza v1 and 2 for a long time.

re: So what's the fix switch back then upgrade?

I did not reverse back to Vision mode before the upgrade, and the patch is still working after the upgrade.
So for now you can go both ways!

And yes. I can still switch to Vision mode, make the adjustments and switch back!

autolux said:
So Ive discovered this as well in the last couple of days. I really like the 7th channel lever, but it only allows me to slightly tilt the camera down. I don't have a 3rd party gimbal on it yet. Im curious if anyone knows what settings you should throw in so that the 7th channel level will allow you to look fully forward on one side and then tilt 90 degrees down when I move the lever to the opposite side. Anyone got any ideas here?

Thanks
Sounds like all you need to do is to calibrate the X1 channel to allow the software to adjust for the low/hi limits of the lever. My camera would only move a small amount until I calibrated it.

I'm kind of surprised that no one here noticed the "Enhanced Failsafe Methods" mode in the 1st image of my post is in!

autolux said:
Thanks for the info guys. So to be clear, I use the hack for the 7th channel and switch it back to normal, then open the DJI app which will now have the gimbal settings unlocked. I then make my adjustments then go back to the hack and switch it back on. Sound right?

Yes and try 1000 0 -850 in your settings. On mine this allows a full sweep of the servo's range looking down and when looking up it's perfectly level with the ground.

Problem was that I could not find the gimbal settings that was normally located under the Advanced tab in the previous Phantom Vision Assistant software.
Other users told me that they did see the gimbal settings, and the only difference was that they did not use the 7th channel patch.

Well.. Guess what... The 7th channel patch is causing this issue!
Noël, can you tell what software or patch you are referring to that brings up the Vision/H3-2D product selector you show?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic