Using Phantom for interior shots not flying?

Reaction score
Hello. I am pondering the idea of using my P4P for interior video shots to compliment exterior video I have been doing for a real estate agent. I have seen videos of people using this method and I'm not too impressed with the results of hand-holding the phantom for video. Yes, it is more stabilized than not using any gimbal at all, but it's often still "bouncy" and not as smooth as I would like. Has anyone used any kind of roller system or slider with their phantom? I am thinking about going to home depot and trying to rig a rolling platform up to use. Also, when I tried to hand hold the phantom and pan side-to-side I noticed a gimbal twitch as it reaches its left or right limits. Is this a normal phenomenon? I haven't noticed it while flying, but I usually don't yaw at a high enough rate for the gimbal to be forced to its side to side limits. The reason I want to use the P4P for interior video is because the camera is way better than my ten-year-old canon rebel and its what I have right now. Any suggestions or ideas for a rolling device would be appreciated. Or if somebody has found a way to keep it very stabilized while hand holding, I would love to hear about that too.

I can understand why interior shots wouldn't work - I've tried some hand holding off the p3p for exterior shots, and you not only get the footstep bounce, which I can mitigate, but the gimbal jerk, which I can't. I believe the latter is due to the gimbal trying to stay pointed at the same spot rather than reaching a limit, so if anyone knows a way to make it just point straight ahead, it would solve my problems.
Sorry I couldn't help any.

I've done a couple handheld photos and videos, they seem to work ok. It can take some practice, my video kept stopping I think because I had a hand over a sensor and the drone thought it had crashed. It is also possible to fly inside if you turn of collision sensing. You have to be sure of your skills and it's noisy and windy, but it works. If you're looking to mix interior with exterior shots, what kind of phone do you have? My iPhone will shoot RAW pics and 4k/30fps video. I rigged up a poor man's gimbal with a Gorillapod stand. Smoother than handheld.

I'm not sure you can freeze the gimbal, but you might play with the gimbal speed settings. Check this video, I found it to be a clear explanation.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've done a couple handheld photos and videos, they seem to work ok. It can take some practice, my video kept stopping I think because I had a hand over a sensor and the drone thought it had crashed. It is also possible to fly inside if you turn of collision sensing. You have to be sure of your skills and it's noisy and windy, but it works. If you're looking to mix interior with exterior shots, what kind of phone do you have? My iPhone will shoot RAW pics and 4k/30fps video. I rigged up a poor man's gimbal with a Gorillapod stand. Smoother than handheld.

I'm not sure you can freeze the gimbal, but you might play with the gimbal speed settings. Check this video, I found it to be a clear explanation.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Any way you could post a picture of your "Gorilla Pod Gimbal"? I would be interested in seeing the set up

It seems to help. You still have to have a steady hand and a steady walk, but it helps avoid sudden jerks in the video. I also use a Bluetooth remote for shutter control. Considering how expensive a real 3-axis gimbal is, I'm sticking with this for now.

You can get them cheap at aliexpress. Here is a sample if some

1500691944471.png
1500691947839.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic