Using Phantom 4 Pro to Capture Wildlife GPS Coordinates?

Reaction score
I was speaking today with a local university biology professor who does wildlife conservation. He was interested in using drones to spot blue herons around a local lake. What he would like to do, is track the gps location of these blue herons as well as take photos of them with the Phantom

Is there any app or software out there were you take a picture of one of the birds and it would give the exact gps coordinates of them? Or somehow tap on the screen and it would give that gps location?

It was suggested to me about creating an "orthophoto" then using ArcMap to retrieve coordinates?

I was speaking today with a local university biology professor who does wildlife conservation. He was interested in using drones to spot blue herons around a local lake. What he would like to do, is track the gps location of these blue herons as well as take photos of them with the Phantom

Is there any app or software out there were you take a picture of one of the birds and it would give the exact gps coordinates of them? Or somehow tap on the screen and it would give that gps location?

It was suggested to me about creating an "orthophoto" then using ArcMap to retrieve coordinates?
Phantoms do this already. Right click a photo and look at properties.

Reactions: zacksomeone
Practically speaking though, this might be very difficult unless you're at very, very high altitude looking straight down. Drones tend to scare birds easily and from great distance and the Phantom series is very loud.

I'm aware of the GPS coordinates that are in the properties of each photo. What I'm looking for is for an app to take a photo and being able to tap on the screen and it gives me the GPS location to where I tap on the screen?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj