Using NAZA GPS Puck on Phantom 2

Reaction score
Has anybody installed a NAZA gps puck on a phantom 2? I did this on my phantom 1 but am having some issues with the phantom 2.

I keep getting a battery error with the phantom 2 after detaching the stock gps compass combo.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

You cannot easily do that. The p2 fc attempts to authenticate through the same connection with the battery. If it does not see the battery, then it thinks your are using an after market battery and refuses to start.

Anyways, i dont think you'll get any benefit for using the naza gps puck though

Has anybody installed a NAZA gps puck on a phantom 2? I did this on my phantom 1 but am having some issues with the phantom 2.

I keep getting a battery error with the phantom 2 after detaching the stock gps compass combo.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
I am about to do this on my P2. The stock GPS is broke due to a crash.

I have done this and took the electronics out and just replaced the stock gps with this one with a modded antenna. in this i explain that the antenna needs to be switched over as well to get the BEST results.

Reactions: Mako79

I have done this and took the electronics out and just replaced the stock gps with this one with a modded antenna. in this i explain that the antenna needs to be switched over as well to get the BEST results.
How many sats on your P2??

Check the temperature first flying always .. I had the same problem yesterday in a fly... exactly the same ... it was 35ºC ...
It´s good to fly before 10 AM and after 3 or 4 PM. .. temperature maybe fire your Phanton and your plans to flying ...

Check the temperature first flying always .. I had the same problem yesterday in a fly... exactly the same ... it was 35ºC ...
It´s good to fly before 10 AM and after 3 or 4 PM. .. temperature maybe fire your Phanton and your plans to flying ...

I think you posted in the wrong thread as this has nothing to do with the discussion about satellites or the Neo M8N chip

How many sats on your P2??

Funny after all that discussion and video on changing the GPS chip there's no answer on how many satellites he's receiving after all that work.

I know this is a old thread, but I did the GPS Mod like the video showed. I have to admit it does lock on very quickly, within 30 sec it had 10 satellite's while on the ground ( I usually aquire 7-8 ). while in flight I got 15-16, which is a difference of about 4 GPS Satellite's for my area (USA East Coast). Today it was very windy and was able to hold hover around 150' above ground with slight drift.

I know this is a old thread, but I did the GPS Mod like the video showed. I have to admit it does lock on very quickly, within 30 sec it had 10 satellite's while on the ground ( I usually aquire 7-8 ). while in flight I got 15-16, which is a difference of about 4 GPS Satellite's for my area (USA East Coast). Today it was very windy and was able to hold hover around 150' above ground with slight drift.
I'm glad you found it useful :) what I like about it is it also increases flight time a small bit but more so its way more stable for cam footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT