Using either Android or iPad as Backup for GO App

Reaction score
Rather than bump an old thread regarding something similar, I have created this new one with a more specific question...

I have been using an Android tablet with great success - zero problems - with my P3A for a long time and now have a good chance to obtain a nice iPad Mini 2 running the latest IOS version for use on other (business) tasks.

My question is this:
Though I will continue mainly using the Android tablet for flying, can I (1) use the iPad as backup, and (2) use the same (older - see below) versions of the firmware and GO App I now use?

The reason I want to stay with the versions I now have is that I have never experienced any sort of problems, such as the many discussed in this great forum. I really don't need a backup - just thought it would be nice insurance.

Here is the setup I have now, which I hope the iPad Mini 2 to complement:

Phantom 3 Advanced;
DJI GO App 2.1.0 on Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro notebook (WiFi and GPS only);
Remote Controller firmware version 1.3.20
Aircraft Firmware Version 1.4.10

A later question will obviously be, "Is it even possible to download GO 2.1.0 to an iPad at this point in time?"

Thanks -
Phil

Last edited:
Rather than bump an old thread regarding something similar, I have created this new one with a more specific question...

I have been using an Android tablet with great success - zero problems - with my P3A for a long time and now have a good chance to obtain a nice iPad Mini 2 running the latest IOS version for use on other (business) tasks.

My question is this:
Though I will continue mainly using the Android tablet for flying, can I (1) use the iPad as backup, and (2) use the same versions of the firmware and GO App currently employed?

The reason I want to stay with the versions I now have is that I have never experienced any sort of problems, such as the many discussed in this great forum. I really don't need a backup - just thought it would be nice insurance.

Here is the setup I have now, which I hope the iPad Mini 2 to complement:

Phantom 3 Advanced;
DJI GO App 2.1.0 on Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro notebook (WiFi and GPS only);
Remote Controller firmware version 1.3.20
Aircraft Firmware Version 1.4.10

A later question will obviously be, "Is it even possible to download GO 2.1.0 to an iPad at this point in time?"

Thanks -
Phil
I use both IOS and Android for flying my birds. No issues here. All my FW is up to date on my two other devices. And for the IOS Go App Question for downgrading the app? No.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil Tuggle
I use both IOS and Android for flying my birds. No issues here. All my FW is up to date. And for the IOS Go App Question for downgrading the app? No.
Thanks - I had to edit/clarify my question above - do NOT want to change (risk) versions since all works very well now on the Android tablet. Can I have different GO versions on these devices? Won't that then necessitate upgrading P3 firmware?

Thanks - I had to edit/clarify my question above - do NOT want to change (risk) versions since all works very well now on the Android tablet. Can I have different GO versions on these devices? Won't that then necessitate upgrading P3 firmware?
Yes you can if you choose. But if it is a IOS device, be sure to disable updates.
Once you update the IOS device with latest go app, that is the version that will be current.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers