using a nexus 7

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm just about to make the investment in a vision 2 but am wondering if anyone has used a nexus 7 to run the app. When I tried to load it, it said it was not compatible. If I can't use it I'll have to buy an old smartphone, any suggestions?

I have the current nexus 7 and it works flawlessly with the phantom vision 2 including the GPS and compas direction. Now I have to make a mount for it to hold on the controller

Hi, thanks for your reply, it may be that The version i'm using (2012) only has wifi, and not 3g/4g capability. would that make the difference?

The problem with the old Nexus 7 (2012) seems to be that is does not have GPS or the accelerometers needed for the app to be compatible.
I found this out because I have several Nexus pads that I use for HTPC and other things. The good news is my Nexus 10 works great and has HDMI out for future FPV.
Hope this helps.

I checked a couple of sites and downloaded AndroSensor, this seems to indicate that I have a selection of sensors working including Accelerometer, Gravity, Linear Acceleration,Gyroscope, Light, Magnetic Field and Orientation. I then turned Location Mode to Device Only, walked out of range of the Wifi and it reported 2 satellites - this means I have GPS? I'm not sure what to do next as I've not managed to get any response from DJI yet.

I am using the latest Nexus 7 and lovin it! Just the right size.

The backlight has enough punch to show the video feed under direct sunlight. No need for a shade box.

I hot melted the lid from small Systema fridge container to the back of the Nexus 7 and the Phanton remote clips on to that securely.

that's exactly what I have in mind if my nexus will co-operate. Any chance of a photo?

1t-bag said:
that's exactly what I have in mind if my nexus will co-operate. Any chance of a photo?

Sure, I will post a photo tonight (in about 8hrs from now).

With enough force you can remove the lid from the Nexus and it leaves no marks or blemishes. I wouldnt recommend
this solution if you plan to get really rough with the remote setup, the mount may fail.
But I ride with it in my backpack for 100's of kilometres and its all good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga