Using a cell phone devise for viewing ve ipad or tablet

Reaction score
Yes I was speaking with a dji rep over the phone and being Im no electronics expert he said cell phones work better for fpv purposes than Wi-Fi ipad or tablet. Could anyone with experience relate why that is. Some of you may already no and some not so maybe this is a worth mentioning to all phantom pilots, thankyou.

Freebird, this is only a guess as I've yet to put the camera on my P2V+v3, but I think that the iPhone app is set for the iPhone format and resolution so when you increase the size of the screen by using an iPad, you lose picture clarity. That is the only reason I can think of, but Monday I'm going to try it with my iPad mini and see what it's like. I've also got a Samsung Note2 that I want to try, especially to see if the Android version of the app is any different.

yes sir I appreciate your insite on this, let me no if you notice a difference in the clarity using iphone vs ipad. I had a Samsung 7 inch tablet to use for viewing purposes but for some reason the android app wasn't working as I hope so I got a ipad mini 2 instead. It obviously make sense the phone is to small to view and enter info, plus the battery on phone. So please let me no if you notice any difference in resolution when comparing. I mean when your using groundstation it certainly helps to view on bigger screen. Ill be waiting for your response thankyou kindly

This an exact response from the dji technical support I was given regarding this very question, so here you go.J. D. (DJI Technology)

Mar 6, 15:30

Dear Lenny,

Thank you for contacting DJI. If you are using the DJI Vision app, it was made for the processing configuration of a cell phone. The tablet is too big for the preview screen etc to process. The less power that it needs to use, the stabler the connection.

DJI Customer Service North America

they're assuming you are mounting the device to the RC for FPV purposes. That being the case, it's a lot more convenient (and much lighter) to mount a light little phone on the RC as opposed to a big *** tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic