Used Phantom 1 issues

Reaction score
I just bought a used P1. When I power it up, It flashes green 4x, then green every second, like it has satellite lock, BUT it never flashes red, green, yellow on power up. It never asks for a Compass calibration either. It just keeps blinking green.

I've updated the firmware, transmitter calibration, motor test via the Assistant, and everything else.

The person I bought it from stated that the compass had been magnetized. I'm going to order a new one.

I've tried to see if I could get a reaction by trying to fly it manually, but nothing; the motors won't even spin. I move the sticks, the LED does flash green 2x.

Just wondering if anyone has ran into this issue, and what the fix as.Hopefully I am just looking at a bad compass module.

When you plug it in to a PC and run the Assistant, do you see the GPS firmware version?

Under "upgrade" I a hardware I.D., and firmware 6.0.1.3
I'm wondering if the LED board might be bad. Read a couple of posts about that. That would explain why I only get green flashes on the front.
Going to check the GPS antenna and make sure it's not damaged too.

I saw that trick in another video, but I think my main problem is not being able to see yellow and red leds, so I know when to calibrate, or if there are other errors. I ordered a new led module, and a compass (just to be safe). Hoping it's not the GPS antenna, or the MC. High dollar items that would cost as much as a new P1. =/

GPS puck = $10

GPS assembly = :eek:

Hoked it up to the Assistant again last night. The compass seems to be working, but off according to the recommended numbers. Gonna do the magnet trick and see if I can get it within spec. I guess I could try and calibrate the compass without without the red and yellow leds.

Someone else is having a similar problem at the moment, I think. Look around here and in the FC40 forum. If I haven't mentioned it yet, they are basically the same bird.

Look at my signature for a good Google search link. :)

Last edited:
Got her airborne, but in the house. Haven't gotten a new led yet, but it works. Drifted quite a bit, but that could be due to lack of gps satellites, and no calibration. Been raining here alot, so I cant even get my grass cut.

Sounds like you've got a good start.
If you get near a flat ceiling, it will suck itself right up there and stick.:eek:

It's fun to do with a little Hubsan, but I wouldn't suggest it with a Phantom. :(

The Naza LED was bad. Got all my colors. Not to figure out how to fly it. ;)
Thanks for the help guys. Happy Flying!

Reactions: IflyinWY
Glad to hear it Whilash! That's the first time I've ever heard of that particular componant going bad. At least now you have some experience troubleshooting and know your Phantom inside and out. Good luck on your next flight and let us know how it goes.

I certainly will. Looking for a decent used gopro to attach to it.
GoPro makes a great camera. The problem with using it on a P1 is the WiFi from the camera may interfere with your control frequency. It could cause, well I really don't know. The only thing I have heard of is someone suspecting the GoPro of causing RTH after about 200 feet. They are both 2.4 g.

If you are going to leave the WiFi off and go with FPV you should be OK.

Wasn't sure if you knew that, so I figured I would throw it out there.

I'll probably just hit record and fly around for now. Probably be using it mostly on my Camaro for cruises and such. Thanks for the warning though. I'll keep it mind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic