Used P4P sounds like fan rubbing

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just setup my new (used) P4P and straight away when I turned it on I noticed a squeeky, rubbing sound. Sounds like a fan is rubbing on something, or possibly more likely a fan bearing starting to fail. It doesn't do it constantly, it will do it, then stop for a few seconds, then start again.

As I'm typing this, it's now been on for about 15 minutes and the noise has stopped completely. Hasn't done it for about 5 minutes.

Any ideas? Is it something to look into further with DJI? or should I be sending the unit back to the seller?

I will turn it on and off a few times and see if it does it again.

Post a video so we can hear what you're describing.

I've just turned it off and on again and it didn't do it the second time. It's not doing it anymore. Could it be that the previous owner had not turned it on for quite a while and something had just got abit sticky? Almost certain it was coming from a fan as it had that oscillating noise. I guess it could've been a vibration of some sort. Whatever it was, so far, is not doing it anymore.

For a while in the beginning of the P4P they had an issue where the fan would vibrate up against the housing. My first unit did it constantly and I used a little plastic toothpick to put through the holes slightly till I found the right place where I was able to shim it away from the housing and it was quiet for 3 month until my RTH mishap (doh!). Crashed that bird and the new one didn't do it, but I remember a lot of people talking about it here when the model first came out. It wont hurt anything but its annoying as all get out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl