Used P3P won't work, please help

Reaction score
Just bought a Phantom 3 Pro from a friend. H only flew it once, 2 years ago and ended up getting a Mavic. This thing has set for a while now. Anyways, I bought it 2 days ago and cannot get it to do anything. I cannot get the controller to connect to any device I plug into it. The drone itself has no light on above the camera, motors will not fire up and neither will reconnect to each other if I try repairing the remote to the drone.

The only thing I have been able to do is make the gimbal turn and angle down and back up. Nothing else will do anything. I did try to use the latest firmware from the DJI website and it did nothing.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, as of right now I have an expensive paperweight.

Just bought a Phantom 3 Pro from a friend. H only flew it once, 2 years ago and ended up getting a Mavic. This thing has set for a while now. Anyways, I bought it 2 days ago and cannot get it to do anything. I cannot get the controller to connect to any device I plug into it. The drone itself has no light on above the camera, motors will not fire up and neither will reconnect to each other if I try repairing the remote to the drone.

The only thing I have been able to do is make the gimbal turn and angle down and back up. Nothing else will do anything. I did try to use the latest firmware from the DJI website and it did nothing.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, as of right now I have an expensive paperweight.
To start with I would recommend reading the owner manual. It will show you how to get everything set up properly. I would advise you not to try to update anything yet, it may cause more problems!
If after reading the manual you are still having problems with it, let us know.
The P3P is a great bird!

Did that one and only flight possibly end badly? Hard landing? That’s all it takes to shut down any or all functions, with no visible damage. Usually just a broken or disconnected ribbon cable.
Just a thought. Might ask him if he’ll admit it. Good luck and stay in touch.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
So to update....

I sent out an email to tech support and then read the manual again as recommended above, to no avail. Tech support emailed me back with instructions on firmware updating and re-pairing the RC to the Drone. None of this did anything. I reached out to previous owner and explained to him what was going on and he apologized not knowing that this was an issue since we did not test fly it before I purchased it. He wants me to keep him posted with the issue as I have boxed and shipped the entire unit to DJI to investigate it further.

Hopefully I don't have to spend an arm and a leg in order to get it back. Thank you guys for your advise and I will post when I have more info from DJI.

So to update....

I sent out an email to tech support and then read the manual again as recommended above, to no avail. Tech support emailed me back with instructions on firmware updating and re-pairing the RC to the Drone. None of this did anything. I reached out to previous owner and explained to him what was going on and he apologized not knowing that this was an issue since we did not test fly it before I purchased it. He wants me to keep him posted with the issue as I have boxed and shipped the entire unit to DJI to investigate it further.

Hopefully I don't have to spend an arm and a leg in order to get it back. Thank you guys for your advise and I will post when I have more info from DJI.

I kind of think it may be something going on with DJI. My Phantom 4 set for 3 or 4 months and when I tried to fly I got a firmware update notice. Attempted the update but no pc, windows or Mac would recognize the device. Also had a "calibrate vision sensors" notice and that would not work as well. Don't think a short period of a shutdown would cause all those sudden issues. Anyway, had to send it back to DJI as well, tried numerous remedies suggested from other users with no luck.

So I got the news from DJI a couple days ago and it was a faulty Video Downlink Module. $161 later and it is now fixed and being shipped back to me. I will be testing as soon as I get it and will fill you in then.

So I got the news from DJI a couple days ago and it was a faulty Video Downlink Module. $161 later and it is now fixed and being shipped back to me. I will be testing as soon as I get it and will fill you in then.
Yeah, just got mine back from DJI yesterday after $169. Gonna test it today after I get all my batteries and remote charged up. They never did explain why I could not connect to a pc, but replaced both landing gear and the camera gimbal board. That damage would be consistent with a hard landing or crash, which this one never had, it had only been flown a maximum of 5 times at short distance and low altitude, nothing close to a hard landing. But hopefully it's ready to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic