upload Phantom 3 movies to facebook and youtube. Best res?

Reaction score
Hi

I am editing movies with wondershare video editor.

When shooting movies in 4k, editing and uploading to facebook I get terrible quality.

What will be the best for:

Shooting the movie in the P3 (4K, 1080, # of frames/sec)
Output res from the editor.

Thx

Eytan

It doesn't matter if you were shooting in 8k the fb video quality is just shockingly bad. Nothing you can do. Youtube will of course give better results but they degrade the quality a bit. The best is probably vimeo but if you are putting up 4k or a lot of 1080p you will have to pay a subscription.

The trouble with YouTube and probably FB, is that they try to recompress anything you put up anyway. Compressing compressed data is never going to end nicely. The good thing about YouTube is that they will produce versions in lots of different down-rezzed sizes, so your viewer can tailor their choice to suit their hardware. So you can upload in 4K and someone can watch in 720p if they want.

If i upload the movie 4k/HD as is.. its better then after editing with wondershare regardless of output res

Vimeo, FB and YouTube always recompress the uploaded video, so upload the best, highest resolution you can.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Vimeo, FB and YouTube always recompress the uploaded video, so upload the best, highest resolution you can.

This is not necessarily true. Shoot at the highest resolution you can support. Edit and deliver in the resolution most people will watch in (i.e. 1080p). When you give Youtube and FB a 1080p file that closely matches their target output format and bitrate, they will do significantly less damage to it.

The less re-processing the media sites do the better. If you let media site handle the down-res, quality will suffer. As much as possible, they preserve CPU resources with single pass, low quality conversions. Also, as 4K is still new, many of the media sites still need to improve their down-res process for this new resolution.

So what is best res for upload to FB and Utube?
What about fps? 60 50 25 or 24?

Is there a better videi editor than wondershare?
I've been editing video and stills since the nonlinear (digital) options began. I use both Magix Movie Edit Pro and Sony Vegas. I usually render (export) the final product in nearly raw AVI format but then lately also a copy in Quicktime MOV format simply because it is a smaller file and not too much worse in quality. I used to output/upload in WMV but .MOV is smaller and as much as I don't like it for other reasons I have Satellite Internet so I have to be careful of my bandwidth.

Hope this helps.

A sample (however this was shot with a Yuneec CGO2 camera)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair