Updating Firmware.

Reaction score
According to the DJI-GO App I'm currently running firmware version 1.3.20+ which I have concluded does NOT support the Intelligent Flight Modes even though DJI Help haven't confirmed this to me.

Lats time we tried to do a firmware update it totally hung the whole thing up and it took my son, a computer programmer and pilot (a smart cookie) four hours to reset back the the firmware version where the drone works - I guess 1.3.20+

Having become fairly proficient in flying the thing I would like to experiment with the IFM's but am VERY RELUCTANT to try another firmware update as my son is not around to help his 80yo Dad and I don't want too be without the toy.

Is there a guaranteed way to do the update to a firmware that will support the IFM or should I try to find a drone shop/expert to do it for me?

Any experts on here from near Devon in England who could help an old man out?
IMG_5492.jpg

According to the DJI-GO App I'm currently running firmware version 1.3.20+ which I have concluded does NOT support the Intelligent Flight Modes even though DJI Help haven't confirmed this to me.

Lats time we tried to do a firmware update it totally hung the whole thing up and it took my son, a computer programmer and pilot (a smart cookie) four hours to reset back the the firmware version where the drone works - I guess 1.3.20+

Having become fairly proficient in flying the thing I would like to experiment with the IFM's but am VERY RELUCTANT to try another firmware update as my son is not around to help his 80yo Dad and I don't want too be without the toy.

Is there a guaranteed way to do the update to a firmware that will support the IFM or should I try to find a drone shop/expert to do it for me?

View attachment 108346

The + sign means the firmware didnt load correctly, there is a module that didnt take correctly. as for local people i always recommend facebook to find local groups, many have experienced pilots and usually one smart whoy pants can fix just about anything quad related.

Reactions: MPG
Oh, DJI didn't comment on that little issue! I believe you shouldn't jump versions straight up to the latest? Do you suggest I download the 1.3.2 again or go to the next one up? Maybe wait until I can find someone fairly local to help?
I have just joined Drones UK on Facebook so look forward to some help from there!

The + sign means the firmware didnt load correctly, there is a module that didnt take correctly. as for local people i always recommend facebook to find local groups, many have experienced pilots and usually one smart whoy pants can fix just about anything quad related.
So how should I go about sorting out this situation? Should I re install the current version, 1.3.20 or what please, reluctant as I will be!

So how should I go about sorting out this situation? Should I re install the current version, 1.3.20 or what please, reluctant as I will be!
Looks like you are not on most current version for the aircraft assuming you are using P3P.
If your app is V 3.1.50
Aircraft should be V 1.11.20
RC V 1.9.2
Mine is working perfectly with no problems at that level for a long time now.

View attachment 108346

If you want to ship it to me I’ll do the update for free.

Great offer, much appreciated, but I think the cost would be somewhat prohibitive. However, some advice/help via here would be appreciated :rolleyes:

For example, should I update to the next version after my current one, 1.3.20+ or can I go straight up to the latest version, which I have no idea.

Just.checked with Hermes, about the cheapest courier, and it'll be about £20 each way so I think I'll have to pass on your kind offer.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Great offer, much appreciated, but I think the cost would be somewhat prohibitive. However, some advice/help via here would be appreciated :rolleyes:

For example, should I update to the next version after my current one, 1.3.20+ or can I go straight up to the latest version, which I have no idea.

Just.checked with Hermes, about the cheapest courier, and it'll be about £20 each way so I think I'll have to pass on your kind offer.

Thanks.

ok so according to DJI, if you are the advanced there are
v1.4.0010
v1.6.0040
v1.7.0060
v1.8.80
v1.9.60
v1.10.90.
v1.11.20

so you are 7 FW's behind, you cant just update to the latest as this will cause issues, here is a link to the list of FW's

Scared need to update 1.1.9+

Im guessing that you will need to update one at a time until you reach the highest, from what i can see up to 1.76 is done via the SD card method in the quad and the USB key in the transmitter, after that you use the app to update.

Last edited:
Many thanks mate, most helpful and thanks for taking the time. Appreciated.
As I said in one of the other posts on the forum, I have to ask myself what an n80yo needs with "Follow Me" and other things. The drone works just fine so I am loath to screw it up.
I'll do a bit more thinking.........

Cheers

Could anyone help me i made a bad mistake after buying a used p3a ...i was told it had been sitting in box over a year he flew it all was well...after i flew a couple time using app on my samsung sm-t113 tablet which i had the app and tablet i used on a p3 se i have, the video went out so foolishly i tried to update firmware to latestest 1.11 20 and it failed...in which i became dissconected from rc to aircraft.. So i didnt know what version firmware was on it ...over a few months i tried older firmware step bye step always failing ....then i figured out how go read log files txt. I. Which 1.10.90 version is successful but it seems to keep going to 1.11.20 after it finished 1.10.90 even after. Formatting sd card re downioading the firmware 1.10.90.....im unable to even manuelly link rc with aircraft i get nothing from vps sensor where frequency or bind button is not even a red light or green.any advice

Oh dear, another update disaster! As I've said many times, it really does seem to be an issue with the Phontoms, especially the Advanced. It took my son, a computer programmer and pilot four hours to untangle the mess an attempted update caused.

Firstly you cannot (must not) jump firmware versions, you have to do them one step at a time. From the post above, these are the steps you probably need to take:

I can only suggest you try going back to either where you were before the update, if you know it, or to the version we ended up with which is 1.3.20+. My controller is 1.9.2 and the DSJI-GO is 3.1.5.

I have just found THIS LINK for all the earlier firmware versions - or THIS LINK.

My drone flies just fine on the old firmware so I will NOT be updating the firmware any time soon - if it aint broke, don't fix it!!

Good luck

Last edited:

View attachment 108346

Assuming a Phantom 4 Pro:

App: v4.0.8

Aircraft: v1.3.509

Remote: v01.04.01.00

Never update from these, and you will achieve unprecedented reliability and independence from the DJI mother ship (no tests, no logins required to fly).

D

Not a Pro, it's an Advanced. Would the same apply?
That aircraft version isn't listed above - mine is 1.3.20+ and all seems very stable, it just doesn't support the Intelligent Flight modes.
As I said, after our last attempt I'm reluctant to risk hanging the whole thing up again.

Not a Pro, it's an Advanced. Would the same apply?
That aircraft version isn't listed above - mine is 1.3.20+ and all seems very stable, it just doesn't support the Intelligent Flight modes.
As I said, after our last attempt I'm reluctant to risk hanging the whole thing up again.

I don't know if they use the same firmwares. Because of the different cameras, I'm tempted to say "no." Below are the screenshots of the .bin files (firmware) I have for my Phantom 4 Pro. The arrow points to the version I use:

1550444511709.png

You might compare this list to Phantom 4 firmware versions. OR...as those in this list which versions they are running on their Pro and non-Pro P4's. As you can see from the arrow, I'm running version 1.03.0509. It would be interesting to see which versions other P4 and P4P users are running.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20