Updating controller firmware pa/3

Reaction score
when updating firmware on controller don't use one of the methods on YouTube that tells you to connect your aircraft to the controller that is the wrong way do it straight from the DJI go app and be patient it takes about 10 minutes my controller doesn't work anymore had to buying second-hand one off eBay now it works if you updated right..

Reactions: Oso
when updating firmware on controller don't use one of the methods on YouTube that tells you to connect your aircraft to the controller that is the wrong way
This depends on the firmware version you are updating to. The old method was connecting the aircraft to controller. Later firmware and app versions changed that. So you are partially correct.

when updating firmware on controller don't use one of the methods on YouTube that tells you to connect your aircraft to the controller that is the wrong way do it straight from the DJI go app and be patient it takes about 10 minutes my controller doesn't work anymore had to buying second-hand one off eBay now it works if you updated right..
The old way for P3A and P3P was to use a USB stick in the RC. I normally advise the following in a list of tips for new P3A / P3P owners. Same as I did back when you first joined the forum, so thankfully you had the info ahead of time. Some don't and it can be frustrating for them.

> There are many outdated YouTube tutorial videos demonstrating old procedures, especially how to update FW. For example, using a USB stick to update your RC has not been the correct process for quite some time. That process was changed back in Q3 of 2015 with FW 1.3.2 for 300B/300C RCs and 1.4.1 for 300A RCs. Try to watch only the most recent videos you can find to avoid causing issues and frustration.

> If you've already done your research, already written down your current FW versions, already read the release notes and you've made an informed choice to update your FW, click here and follow those steps closely. [Release notes are here: P3P release notes and P3A release notes].

It's good to give reminders since some people don't see or don't follow all of the great advice they are given here on the forum. It often reminds me of the old saying which goes something like, "The worst part of communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished." Repetition is a good thing sometimes! :)

Reactions: quaddamage

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj