Updated software and controller bricked

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and are praying you guys can help!

I flew my Phantom 3 advanced into a tree months and months ago. I bent the frame. I bought a new frame and finally got round to changing it today. Popped the battery in and it all works again. The warning that the controller software came up on the DJI app so I updated it. Almost instantly it just turned off and now I can't turn it on.

When I plug it in to charge it's not registering, no blue charging lights. I can't turn it on via the on/off button. When I plug an IOS device into it it briefly charges, half a second and then doesn't charge the device.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and are praying you guys can help!

I flew my Phantom 3 advanced into a tree months and months ago. I bent the frame. I bought a new frame and finally got round to changing it today. Popped the battery in and it all works again. The warning that the controller software came up on the DJI app so I updated it. Almost instantly it just turned off and now I can't turn it on.

When I plug it in to charge it's not registering, no blue charging lights. I can't turn it on via the on/off button. When I plug an IOS device into it it briefly charges, half a second and then doesn't charge the device.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Andy
Hi had bit of a search on this only really found this idea,Reset the remote
1507450787152-720070557.jpg

another option you can open the rc unit and unplug the battery power connection and re connect, this will reset the controller.

It could be that the the firmware has caused a problem, have you tried down grading the RC firmware

Professional - Firmware Downgrade

The battery on the RC could have gone into hibernation, have you left it on charge for a while e.g overnight

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I ended up sending it back to DJI. Turns out the battery has had it and needs to be replaced.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom