Updated DJI APP...???

I also had trouble running with the new version at the new default 640x480@30. But once I set it back to 640x480@15 where I had it before it seemed to work as well as before. Then I got the bright idea of going to 320x240@15 and it works even better. I never had solid FPV beyond about 4000' but now have had it out to about 7000'. And I can never go back to living with the 3300' bug. So 1.0.39 is fine with me. Can't wait to get the better repeater on the new machine!

i called dji and was on hold for almost 2 hours for them to tell me "they are working on a fix" i said they should revert to the older version UNTILL they can fix the crap current version that has now made mine worthless, i dont have the older version to revert to :cry:

Count me in with the same problem. iPhone 5S, app and phantom on latest versions. Consistently having screen go blank (working telem though) and never coming back unless I land and power cycle the phantom.

In the end I changed to 15fps instead of 30 and it worked.

Seems the Vision can't keep up with 30fps and might be only for the P2V+.

turbo-max said:
i called dji and was on hold for almost 2 hours for them to tell me "they are working on a fix" i said they should revert to the older version UNTILL they can fix the crap current version that has now made mine worthless, i dont have the older version to revert to :cry:

The new version of the app works fine for me on both Android and IOS and i'm also using the new 640x480 30fps option.

djayz said:
Count me in with the same problem. iPhone 5S, app and phantom on latest versions. Consistently having screen go blank (working telem though) and never coming back unless I land and power cycle the phantom.

In the end I changed to 15fps instead of 30 and it worked.

Seems the Vision can't keep up with 30fps and might be only for the P2V+.

Actually the blackout problem has nothing to do with the newer version of the app but just an inherint problem in it and or the camera firmware itself. I've been having occasional blackout issues since day one with every version of the DJI app since it's released. The FPV will black out and it wont come back (other than telemetry) no matter what unless I power cycle the Phantom. Otherwise the new app is working great and I've been using it long range at 640x480 30fps. Also a modded Phantom 2 Vision can have the same or far further range than a stock P2V Plus depending on the antennas you use with the mod. They're people doing as much as 5km on the P2V.

It seems quite strange that the black out screen coincides with the updated app though. i'll be flying later on today and update.

BMEWS, I tried to pm you back but here is the path:
Hello BMEWS, I tried to pm you but here is the information:

the file is and .ipa file and is approx. 19Meg. The path of the file is located

here:/Users/"ENTER YOUR ITUNES ACCOUNT NAME HERE"/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications/DJI VISION 1.0.32.ipa

if you still have the newer version of the app locate the path in itunes....copy the .ipa file there.

make sure you change the user name to what was in the original path name is. Let me know it this works.

There is an .ipa installer as well if you need it, just google it.

Shoot me you email and I can send you the .ipa file if you need it.

Hopefully this works for you.

Not sure about how android works but(sync in MAC) if you transfer the app to the phone, run the app on the phone. when you activate the app the app will start and it will display advertising for the vision+(strange) at first I thought the app was not correct. Scroll through the pages and you will be asked to login to the DJI site. Login and poof the app will open up. When I did mine i immediately saw the old version of the app.

I posted earlier that I was getting video freezes since updating the iOS App.

It did on the first flight after update, but since then I have done about 10 further flights and the problem hasn't reappeared. I haven't changed the resolution from 640 30 fps, so hopefully it is sorted.

I was going to revert back to 1.0.32 but I think now I'll stick with the latest update.

RamDez said:
I downloaded the older version, how do you get it to install back onto the phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, thanks all

just delete the app from your phone and then double click the apk file and it will just install.

hope that helps

Bmews

Hi All,

Would anyone have the iOS App version 1.0.32?

I had auto-update switched on :( so now I'm on 1.0.37 and would like to downgrade.

Thanks Corncrake

Hello,
I had a problem with my FPV delaying up to 8 seconds behind P2V after app update, I finally deleted app , and reinstalled ( upon reinstall ( it asked me several questions about settings ) which it did not do upon auto update?
Anyhow I'm running an iPhone 4s , this fixed the problem, I changed my preview setting to: 640x480 15fps
Got a good quality preview image, with no delay or glitching. I tried 640x480 30fps and it started delaying, longer and longer as time went by, it was like 10 seconds when I shut it off? ( maybe this is for P2V+ only? ) but 15fps works well!
Hope this helps! It now flies beautifully with new firmware, and FPV Is perfect again! Fly-on!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

corncrake said:
Hi All,

Would anyone have the iOS App version 1.0.32?

I had auto-update switched on :( so now I'm on 1.0.37 and would like to downgrade.

Thanks Corncrake

unfortunately i'm running on a PC. However for mac.

Downgrading Apps

NOTE: This only applies to iOS devices.

if you owned an older version of the app and would prefer to use that instead of the latest one (assuming that the older version is also compatible), it is possible if you use iTunes on a Mac or PC. First, make sure that you have an older version of the app in iTunes. Under the "LIBRARY" header, click on Apps. Find the app in question. If the app has an "Update" banner, that is usually a good indicator that it is an older version of the app. Another way to tell is by right clicking (control + click on a Mac) on the app in iTunes and selecting "Get Info." Select the Summary tab, and find "Version." Compare it with the version listed in the App Store.

If you do not have the version you are looking for in your iTunes library, it may have been replaced by a newer version. When iTunes updates apps, the .ipa file for the older app is sent to the trash (or recycle bin on a PC). If you have not emptied the trash recently, it may still be there. If you can locate the .ipa file for the app you want, you can delete the newer version from iTunes, then drag the older version to the "Apps" section in the sidebar in iTunes. NOTE: Do not download .ipa files from anyone other than Apple, as other downloads will be tied to the owner's Apple ID and will not install without their password.

Confirm that the app you want has been added to the library. Then, you can delete the newer version of the app from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

Hope this helps

Bmews

Thanks

Yes, I forgot that the apps are tied to the user ids :(

Ok now to see if I have connected one of these devices and backed up the ipa! ( answer - probably not )

While I'm here - the question I should ask is can you use the 1.0.37 with firmware 1.0.8

UPDATE
OK I'm on firmware 1.0.8 and the iOS App 1.0.37 works fine with it.

it could be on your time machine somewhere OR it might be in the wastebasket.

if you find it, let me know and i'll put it online for others.

hope this helps

Bmews

I use an iPhone5 and also want to revert to 1.0.32. I went to 'App Store' (I understand that IOS does not use iTunes for apps) and selected 'Purchased' found the old DJI Vision App v1.0.32. I deleted the 1.0.37 app and clicked Install on the 1.0.32. It installed and asked me to log in. I logged in an waited for it to load and checked the version number. 1.0.37. Bollocks!

So I am still looking for a way to revert to 1.0.32. If it carries on like this, by the time we work out how to do it, DJI will have released 1.0.38 (or whatever) and may even have fixed this appalling 'update'. The problem is that I will now fear updating until some other sucker has 'licked the wires' for me.

Bottom Line: IF we can find a version of 1.0.32 WILL it work on someone else's IOS device? OR is it tied to the original downloader?

I have written to DJI at: http://www.dji.com/support/report-problem
Maybe if enough people do it we can get them to fix this dreadful 'impovement'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20