Updated DJI APP...???

Reaction score
Is anyone having problems with the the camera since new DJI APP has been updated? I have noticed a few things are new but here is my problem:

3 times this evening my screen went blank.
I had telemetry data on the screen but no video from the camera to my ipad.
Full bars on the screen for wifi and fully charged repeater and battery in vision.
Changed batts in vision and the same thing happened two more times.
Closed the app and restarted app in flight 2 times but could not get video from the camera.
It was only when I landed powerer cycled the PV could I restablish video to the ipad.
The PV is updated to 2.0.

One further note.... This has not happened in the 3 months since I have owned mt PV and 20+ flights!
Great forum BTW!

Reset your WiFi extender....
You may need to rebind...
Let us know if this helps...

Ranger003 said:
Is anyone having problems with the the camera since new DJI APP has been updated? I have noticed a few things are new but here is my problem:

Full bars on the screen for wifi and fully charged repeater and battery in vision.
Closed the app and restarted app in flight 2 times but could not get video from the camera.
It was only when I landed powerer cycled the PV could I restablish video to the ipad.

One further note.... This has not happened in the 3 months since I have owned mt PV and 20+ flights!
Great forum BTW!

Ranger.. try lowering your preview resolution... this fixed my issue on my Nexus 7 running 4.4 display after the updated app

Ranger003 said:

Great forum BTW!

Those of us with devices that have limited bandwidth to begin with are experiencing this type of problem. DJI is DEFINITELY jamming more data over that connection than they were before the update...

-slinger

I ran into this (in my case a frozen video feed that didn't come back until power cycle) after trying the high-res 30 fps feed. It worked when I tried again. Definite firmware bug.

I too had to set resolution to lowest setting otherwise it just freezes up. Not at all pleased with recent "updates" that have downgraded my P2V. DJI really needs to rethink screwing around with the functionality of that which we have already paid for under the guise of "updates". Updates should either fix something they didn't get right the first time around, or improve the functionality of what they sold me. An update should not make it operate at a lower level.

I totally agree...... in mid march when I got my first P2V it was rock steady in the GPS hover mode. I could use any resolution I wanted in preview and it was fun to fly. The 2.0 upgrade made a lot more unstable at hover and less fun to fly. This 3.0 it is still less stable and now I had to downgrade my preview resolution to be able to see anything on my Nexus 7 and now I have more restrictions on my flying that I am not sure where these spots are and how my P2V will react when near them.

My bigger issue is just getting one good P2V to use that does not have manufacturing poor quality issues as the replacement P2V I got Friday was sent back today for poor right side camera focus with stills (as that is primarily what I bought the P2V to do is stills). My first one I caught a ESC or motor issue while running the battery down to 8% thankfully rather than when it was in the air. If I get another defective P2V I will send it back for store credit and forget about this idea completely.

If they are this bad with a product that they have been making for awhile just think how bad they may be with new product launches that have totally new components. I would not touch a P2V+ till I was sure they fixed any and all bugs this one may have. God Bless the early adopters as they are the ones who seem willing to wade through the early quality issues. I am about sick of wading through the mid model issues with P2V's. Then add to that the downgrading these firmware/software updates are doing to the product I initially spent my money for and I am anything but amused.

Downgraded app to 1.038 and all is well , I will not upgrade my assistant software. My rig flies just as I want it to.

Suggest you do the same, this upgrade is not specifically made to make your vision fly better.

gbshovel said:
Downgraded app to 1.038 and all is well , I will not upgrade my assistant software. My rig flies just as I want it to.

Suggest you do the same, this upgrade is not specifically made to make your vision fly better.

The update is primarily for the P2V+. Since it apparently has a better extender, it can handle the extra data. Extra data like the extender battery life readout, for instance... Why would they make a separate app for the P2V and P2V+ ??? That wouldn't be a fiscally sound decision, now would it?

-slinger

gunslinger said:
The update is primarily for the P2V+. Since it apparently has a better extender, it can handle the extra data. Extra data like the extender battery life readout, for instance... Why would they make a separate app for the P2V and P2V+ ??? That wouldn't be a fiscally sound decision, now would it?

-slinger
A better extender with limited distance ?

Well they made a separate app for the vision from the P1.

I was overly salty on this whole ordeal because I needed to capture an incident, I had no idea of the update because I have not flown in about a week. I needed to fly with the FPV to capture and it didn't work, I was dead in the water and missed an opportunity that I wont have a chance of capture again. Back to normal now ... DJI needs a public relations division because they are clueless communists.

gbshovel said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger
A better extender with limited distance ?

Well they made a separate app for the vision from the P1.

I was overly salty on this whole ordeal because I needed to capture an incident, I had no idea of the update because I have not flown in about a week. I needed to fly with the FPV to capture and it didn't work, I was dead in the water and missed an opportunity that I wont have a chance of capture again. Back to normal now ... DJI needs a public relations division because they are clueless communists.

Of course they made a separate app for the P2V... It has an integrated camera and FPV. I understand the distance capabilities of the P2V+ are DOUBLE that of the P2V. Why would you say limited distance? :D

-slinger

UAVInsurance said:
I want to go back to the old version as well. I'm not sure how to do it, can anyone assist me?

Thanks

Yes I get video freeze too with this updated app. I'd like to know too how you get the old version app back.

Fortunately a board member shared the original app version for a short time. I copied the post and the link here. Worked great thank goodness.

"Delete the app from your android device. Download the 1.0.38 apk file from http://sharewith.excipere.com/ unless you already have it on your android device. If you download please pm me etc as i'll only keep this share open for a limited time.

Cheers

Bmews"

Morning all!
Forgot to mention that I changed the resolution in flight while I was experiencing these freeze ups and it only made the video image alot more grainy and choppy.
Question: is the updated version of the app 1.038 or 1.032. I have 1.032 in itunes. Can anyone direct me in the way of downgrading the app for MAC eg. DMG file? I see the .zip files (and thank you for this information).

To the others that are justifiably frustrated you need to uninstall the current app , set your google play to not update automatically and install the old version. I don't know if it is still active but another member sent me a link to download it.
http://mbf.me/we4dEQ

gunslinger said:
[

Of course they made a separate app for the P2V... It has an integrated camera and FPV. I understand the distance capabilities of the P2V+ are DOUBLE that of the P2V. Why would you say limited distance? :D

-slinger
I meant software not app... :lol: there are separate assistant software's
Is there not flight limitations now in the new software? I don't know I wont install the update on a perfectly fly rig.

There was no app for the p1

Just an FYI, but I have quite a few versions of the apps as well as all different versions of the P2 Assistant software and I'll have them available on my website within a few days, if anyone needs them. I know I have 1.0.38.apk for Android, so if that other link disappears you'll still have access to it...

-slinger

ok thanks, but does anyone have a link for iOS because when I go into iTunes I can't find the old version 1.0.32 there and I really want to get this 1.0.37 crap off my phone and the old version back on again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20