Update to iOS Pilot app

So there is, downloading now for my phone but not my ipad. I am still on 1.1.1 with that which i fly with cos after the 1.1.2 version many reported laggy video. Lets see how 1.2.0 goes and see if laggy video is gone or not.

Well spotted.

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 17.54.56.png

Reactions: The English Guy
Can someone report if centre point reference just shows up when you are taking photos, this would bug me if it was there while flying and recording video, which i guess it wont anyway.

Can someone report if centre point reference just shows up when you are taking photos, this would bug me if it was there while flying and recording video, which i guess it wont anyway.

The centre point reference comes after you touch the screen (like for ev adjustment), clearing ev you get a centre box with circle that sits there for about 5 secs then fads away.
Not sure if there is any other way to bring up centre point, nothing obvious in app options.

Hey, that's great.
I hope everyone has success while using it...

RedHotPoker

The centre point reference comes after you touch the screen (like for ev adjustment), clearing ev you get a centre box with circle that sits there for about 5 secs then fads away.
Not sure if there is any other way to bring up centre point, nothing obvious in app options.

Cheers for that robin, lets hope this version is good for everyone and clears up the laggy video some were having.

The app seems to be much faster overall. They also added the little directional arrows (the one that shows you what direction the quad is faced relative to you) back to the bottom left. The map preview is now on the bottom right. I like this much better.

Prefer the new format as well.
Already gave it the once over. Checked the SIM too.
I still see the Calibrate Map Coordinates (For China Mainland)
What is that for? Can it be changed to Canada, my country?

RedHotPoker

Just had a look with my updated iphone 6 and my map preview is still on the left, could be cos its the phone and not the the ipad or im still running 1.1.9 maybe.

Yes, I am using it, why do you ask?
The new Pilot app just came out this morning, so no, I have not flown with it, Yet, but soon.
Just tried the included SIM, and also started the Phantom 3 without rotor blades.
Everything seems to be in order.
I do like the new app format, with the map now in the right corner.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Rhino.S
So the map in the right corner must be on the ipad only and not the phone, well iphone 6 at least. Maybe the 6 plus will put the map in the right corner cos its bigger. Just checked again and my iphone 6 is just the same.

The app seems to be much faster overall. They also added the little directional arrows (the one that shows you what direction the quad is faced relative to you) back to the bottom left. The map preview is now on the bottom right. I like this much better.

mine is on bottom left still :)

Reactions: Furia and Rhino.S

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic