Update or not?

Reaction score
I bought a P3 Proff 2 yrs ago and due to moving and doing a full refurb on the new house, and various other things I haven’t yet flown it. I have just fired it up several times and played with the menus and flight sim, it hasn’t even had the props on yet!
When I fired it up at the weekend it said everything needs updating, now I have read enough horror stories on the forum to know updating doesn’t always go to plan.
I have the following versions, should I update or just fly it as it is?
App 2.7.1
A/C 1.4.10
RC 1.5.80.
I am not into distance or height records, I just will fly and film near to me. What do the experts advise.

I would recommend you fly it first to see how it behaves, and if all's well I would then research all the release notes for the updates and see if there's a gem that you absolutely must have in one of them. If so, update. If not and it fly's well - leave it alone.

Reactions: Oso
What do the experts advise.
I like to install the current firmware version after it's known to be stable. The P3P firmware hasn't been updated since July, so it's okay to install it at this point.

Being that the P3's are not getting any new updates, I would stay where you are if it fly's to your satisfaction. I am not one nor have been from the get go to update with no definitive description of what the update includes other than misc bug fixes. Which honestly I have yet to find any of those so called bugs in 2 year old firmware. Just me I suppose.

Being that the P3's are not getting any new updates, I would stay where you are if it fly's to your satisfaction. I am not one nor have been from the get go to update with no definitive description of what the update includes other than misc bug fixes. Which honestly I have yet to find any of those so called bugs in 2 year old firmware. Just me I suppose.
Fly Dawg, if you don't mind me asking, what firmware are you on?

Same here;
AC: 1.8.8
RC: 1.6
GO app 2.9.1 (I never update this)

Most stable combination I have found IMHO.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl