Update on P4P "Stress Cracks"

Reaction score
I sent my P4P in for repair on Monday. They received Wednesday. Being repaired today (Friday)
That's pretty quick service! I'm impressed.
One thing I'm confused on is on my email it says "Middle Frame" since my cracks where around the vents under each arm I assume it would say lower frame? Or bottom frame. Also am I safe to assume they are repairing MY aircraft and not sending me a refurbished?
3ff98501c89659b9776d301299fe09b5.jpg

I sent my P4P in for repair on Monday. They received Wednesday. Being repaired today (Friday)
That's pretty quick service! I'm impressed.
One thing I'm confused on is on my email it says "Middle Frame" since my cracks where around the vents under each arm I assume it would say lower frame? Or bottom frame. Also am I safe to assume they are repairing MY aircraft and not sending me a refurbished?
3ff98501c89659b9776d301299fe09b5.jpg
Well... keep your fingers crossed that you will get "your" bird back. I don't think there is ANY guarantee that DJI will return your drone. They have the right to repair or replace. I will never send my aircraft to them again for service - even if it's under warranty.

It tells me it's being repaired with steps including flight test and what not.
f2ddb80776d665d1a463be6f3e0670ee.jpg
Unfortunately that really means nothing :(.

I live 10 miles from the DJI Service Center in the Los Angeles Area.

I know Exactly where the building is because I'm a Commercial Real Estate Photographer, and I shoot 3PL warehouses and other property types all over Southern California.

That being said... They are NOT in Class G Airspace and cannot step out to an open field on the side of the bldg., and test fly drones at will - period! They Do NOT have a waiver listed in the FAA database that would allow them to do so.

Moreover, during the timeframe of my last repair is when SoCal was having torrential rain storms - I know **** well that my bird was NOT test flown during that time.

I won't bore you with the rest of the story - but trust me... I busted them cold on this with the METAR and ASOS reports, and they admitted that they DON'T test fly the bird before sending it back.

Additionally, repair can mean replace, even if you sent in the $20.00 - I'm not trying to spoil your experience, but you need to make sure that someone is telling you the truth. Just do a little research here on these Forums, you'll find more info regarding this.

Cheers!

Reactions: KingDad1985
Unfortunately Gulfstream is exactly correct, but there is that small chance that you will get a brand new bird, and a pretty good chance you might get a completely functional and even improved refurbished.

Unfortunately that really means nothing :(.

I live 10 miles from the DJI Service Center in the Los Angeles Area.

I know Exactly where the building is because I'm a Commercial Real Estate Photographer, and I shoot 3PL warehouses and other property types all over Southern California.

That being said... They are NOT in Class G Airspace and cannot step out to an open field on the side of the bldg., and test fly drones at will - period! They Do NOT have a waiver listed in the FAA database that would allow them to do so.

Moreover, during the timeframe of my last repair is when SoCal was having torrential rain storms - I know **** well that my bird was NOT test flown during that time.

I won't bore you with the rest of the story - but trust me... I busted them cold on this with the METAR and ASOS reports, and they admitted that they DON'T test fly the bird before sending it back.

Additionally, repair can mean replace, even if you sent in the $20.00 - I'm not trying to spoil your experience, but you need to make sure that someone is telling you the truth. Just do a little research here on these Forums, you'll find more info regarding this.

Cheers!
Ok. I appreciate the honesty and truth. I really do hope I get my bird back, but who knows really. I was thinking of hitting up chat and asking what these screenshots mean exactly but decided against it since that would probably cause more confusion than anything. I wrote down the serial number of my bird, I'll post back when I get the aircraft back.

I wouldn't trust anything they tell you. I had my P4P in for a DOA replacement and even though I got a message saying it would be dispatched within 5 days, it still took them 2 weeks to get it back to me. Also, the replacement notice said 'aircraft only' even though it was the controller at fault. Turns out they just sent me a whole new box with everything in it but I was a bit worried until it arrived, as I had sent everything back - as instructed.

Update****I had cracks in the middle frame of my P4P out of the box brand new, I contacted DJI and was told they were "molding marks" and I believed it until I noticed they were growing. By that time it was past the 15 day exchange so I must send it for REPAIR. Ok fine, right? As long as they repair it, since it was perfect besides the cracks. It flew perfect, strong signal, beautiful pics. Nope, they ended up sending me some other piece of junk. Gimbal motors made a weird screech noise constantly, vision sensor error even after countless calibrations and cleansing. Landing gear has multiple cracks, dents around the motors like someone crashed it, unstable in the air. I contacted them and demanded MY original drone back repaired. Nope. Said I must send in for "Repair" again. I kept calling and chatting until finally a supervisor promised me MY original back repaired unless they can't find it which they told me they can't. So he promised me a "Brand New" drone. They changed my case from Repair to Replacement, put multiple notes in the account to give me a Brand new drone, I have multiple screenshots and phone recordings telling me I am getting a BRAND NEW drone. I was instructed to send everything back. I sent it all on Friday. Should be delivered to them on Monday. I'm curious how this will play out. :)

DJI kept their word! After some back and forth they sent me a brand new P4P! :)

Out of 4 returns in the last 2yrs (P4, P4, Mavic, P4P) , I have received a brand new craft back from them 3 times. The 4th occurrence (P4P) they replaced my gimbal/camera and sent back my original craft, which I'm happy about because I didn't want the new firmware. Amazingly, they didn't upgrade the firmware in my craft, I'm so happy.

Out of 4 returns in the last 2yrs (P4, P4, Mavic, P4P) , I have received a brand new craft back from them 3 times. The 4th occurrence (P4P) they replaced my gimbal/camera and sent back my original craft, which I'm happy about because I didn't want the new firmware. Amazingly, they didn't upgrade the firmware in my craft, I'm so happy.
I only got to fly my new p4p for a 6 minute flight today. I plan on Flying more in the next couple days. It's been really hot here lately. Temps ranging from 104f to 110f. When it finally cools below 104f in the evening just before sunset it gets windy. The only time to fly is during sunrise, temps around 80f and winds around 10mph.

I sent my p4p and controller in for repair.
when I talked to DJI they told me it was non repairable.
so they sent me a new a/c.
I flew one battery and seems to be fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl