Update "HOME" GPS Fix

Reaction score
I understand that the Phantom, by default will fix its "Home" position by the first lift-off made after the system boots.
is there a way to positively update the "Home" position after the initial take-off, or to artificially program in a Home position.
I would like to do some flying around a harbour. This would mean lifting-off from very near to a pier's edge. I know the GPS is nothing like metre accurate, so in the event of the failsafe GoHome cutting in, I would not want the drone trying to land itself onto a potentially unsafe target, rather I would want it to head inland to a good clear area, which I might be able to program in...
OK, I know - why dont I just take off from the clear area inland. Well, I am not planning on relying upon the gohome function, ideally I can catch the drone on the pier after my flight. My thoughts were, I can see there is 2.4GHz antennae on the pier, so if I lose my command telemetry due QRM, the GoHome function could then contribute to losing my drone.

Update "HOME" GPS Fix

Yes... In the instruction manual you can set home by toggling the s2 switch 5 or 6 times (read the manual though because I'm going from memory and that's my recollection). The thing I don't know is whether that works in the air...

Re: Update "HOME" GPS Fix

Yes it works in the air. It creates new h/l position by GPS coordinates and will see the current altitude as launch height. It will return to new h/l position and descend until it touches down on ground and shut off motors once no more descent is observed based on barometer readings. IT WILL NOT SHUT MOTORS OFF IN THE AIR.

Note: new h/l in air will also assist in flying over obstacles along the route back home since it will rise to 20 meters over h/l altitude in the air (barometer based)

DeliriousGimbal said:
THanks. is it S2 switch cycled 6 times then?

Yes S2 from middle (CL) to bottom (HL) back to middle (CL) 5 -6 times.

If you move S2 from upper position (OFF) to HL and back you may also re-set the forward direction (for Course Lock) also.

This page may help you as well:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... on_Control

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl