Update firmware with new battery

Ash

Reaction score
Hi Guys just a quickie. I have a new battery for my Phantom 3 pro arriving Thursday which I have just purchased from Ebay £129.
My question is: Do I need to do a firmware update with the new battery in the Phantom 3. I am running 1.9 at present and don't want to go to the new firmware as many are reporting problems. Thanks guys

Hi Guys just a quickie. I have a new battery for my Phantom 3 pro arriving Thursday which I have just purchased from Ebay £129.
My question is: Do I need to do a firmware update with the new battery in the Phantom 3. I am running 1.9 at present and don't want to go to the new firmware as many are reporting problems. Thanks guys
Nope.

You might want to consider putting the 1.1.9 bin file on the sd card the first time you fire the Phantom up with the new battery. according to the experts on this forum, the smart batteries need updating also-- I would assume that would mean that the battery firmware should match the copter firm ware.

I made sure that I did this with my 5 batteries before I removed the bin file off the SD card and so far no battery issues or critical error issues.

just the 1.2.6
If you want the 1.1.9 go to the DJI website and substitute 1.1.9 for 1.2.6 in the url and you can download that one.

Thanks, I have decided to go with the 2.6. I do appreciate your help however. I am just going to go for it as it seems some people have problems with many of the updates. Fingers crossed :) Thanks anyway

Updates must be for a specific reason. Hopefully it will be fine
Should be -- just be thorough with going through with each step and don't turn the Phantom off too soon. That is what happens in a lot of these cases. The update never completes and that may cause issues in itself, depending on where it was interrupted. Let us know how everything turned out.
Thank you:):)

ok Bob if i get time I will do the tx also and take it out into the garden and hover, see how it goes. i'll report back. Thanks

Reactions: bobmyers
Hi. I updated the aircraft, the controller, IMU calibration and sticks. I just did a quick hover in the garden as its getting late and it hovered beautifully. Seems a full sucess. I will take it for a long flight Thursday so hopefully all will go well. Thanks

Hi. I updated the aircraft, the controller, IMU calibration and sticks. I just did a quick hover in the garden as its getting late and it hovered beautifully. Seems a full sucess. I will take it for a long flight Thursday so hopefully all will go well. Thanks
Sounds great! :) Take some shorter flights first :D Don't get to confident and brave until you have some time on it-- just to make sure that you don't get any app disconnects, etc. I think most of the problems are probably due to either pilot error or bad decisions, like out of line of sight or getting into bad reception areas that create critical errors in the Phantom. Good luck!.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic