UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

efloyd said:
Is there any way of making ground station way point elevations based on current location of each way point and not based on the elevation above the home point. 200 feet may be ok for above the home point, but a 200 foot setting over a way point that happens to be on a hill may cause the quad to fly into the trees or the hill. It would be great if it were possible for the quad to maintain the same height no matter what the topography was like.

If the application pulled more data when it synced the maps it would be possible. The Google map API allows for retrieval of elevation information and from there one would only need to add calculations, relative to home coordinates (for example) and then add/subtract as appropriate for each way point. I cannot comment on how easy or difficult it would be to implement as I am unfamiliar with the source code but it would be possible.

I have a Nexus 7 2013 FHD (wifi) running Lollipop 5.0.1 and this modified version of DJI app performs just as good if not better.

kenargo said:
If the application pulled more data when it synced the maps it would be possible. The Google map API allows for retrieval of elevation information and from there one would only need to add calculations, relative to home coordinates (for example) and then add/subtract as appropriate for each way point. I cannot comment on how easy or difficult it would be to implement as I am unfamiliar with the source code but it would be possible.

My guess is this would be rather difficult to code in. However this would be epic, I often fly long distance in a hilly area and sometimes at certain waypoints I wish to fly low to take close up shots but not knowing the exact elevation difference I keep it high, better safe than sorry.

You can get this done with the app Maps Measure
you need the paid version, but it is worth it.

PhilAnderson said:
rstekeur said:
It would be great if we could have yaw control while flying waypoints. Without yaw filming while flying waypoints is useless.

Read the thread. It's been requested numerous times and replied to numerous times. Not possible at this time.

You do seem to have problems in dealing with other people, sarcasm isn't appreciated.

rstekeur said:
PhilAnderson said:
rstekeur said:
It would be great if we could have yaw control while flying waypoints. Without yaw filming while flying waypoints is useless.

Read the thread. It's been requested numerous times and replied to numerous times. Not possible at this time.

You do seem to have problems in dealing with other people, sarcasm isn't appreciated.

There is no sarcasm in my reply. It is a point-blank response. It leaves no room for error. You can't mistake what I've said, which is true.

It's our obligation as participants on this forum to look for answers to our questions before repeating the same questions over and over.

I do not have problems dealing with other people. I do have problems reading the same questions, repeatedly due to someone else's failure to do their due diligence. I've seen threads on this forum closed by the moderators due to this very thing. I don't want this thread closed.

Instead of blaming me, why don't you just admit your error? Better yet, why not just read the thread? :?

Elevated Views said:
I have a Nexus 7 2013 FHD (wifi) running Lollipop 5.0.1 and this modified version of DJI app performs just as good if not better.

I have a Nexus 4 updated to Lollipop, and neither the "official" app nor this app works in Ground Station, which makes sense, since I.L.C.'s work is a mod of dji's. Even in the camera view, when I start the motors, the app crashes. I cannot use the Nexus 4 at all now; I'm using a generic Kit Kat 4.4 tablet until Google pulls their heads out of their butts.

I really wish there was a way to make it stay at a certain way point

CapnBob said:
Elevated Views said:

I have a Nexus 4 updated to Lollipop, and neither the "official" app nor this app works in Ground Station, which makes sense, since I.L.C.'s work is a mod of dji's. Even in the camera view, when I start the motors, the app crashes. I cannot use the Nexus 4 at all now; I'm using a generic Kit Kat 4.4 tablet until Google pulls their heads out of their butts.
Interesting... I received my Nexus 7 with current rev lollipop and all is well with this app. No issues. I wonder what the deal is with everyone's different experiences. Maybe different software builds for different devices?

eyecon82 said:
I really wish there was a way to make it stay at a certain way point

This will sort of be addressed in the next update.

CapnBob said:
Elevated Views said:

I think this has to do with 5.0 and 5.0.1, check which version you're running. Someone else said 5.0.1 works while 5.0 does not.

Same troubles with my Nexus 10 under 5.0.1 ... but it's a tablet with no 3G/mobile features. It seems to make the difference.

That's good news. The range limit was about the only limitation which bothered me. Just for clarification : The RTH modus at low batt level still works?
Thank you....

Hey ilovecoffee i just want to let you know that i finally got arount to testing V6 with the dronexperts quick release and gopro. So far V7,V8,V9,V10 do not work, but V3, and V6 do. I thinking maybe it has to to with the GS bank and turn but thats just a guess. I would love it if you could get V10 and all your future versions to work with the Quick release. I would definitely pay for it. Thanks AUGUST

So now that we can fly out as far as the battery will take us, what's the farthest anyone has flown their phantom? The other day I plotted a 4 mile round trip flight and got it back with 32% battery remaining. It was a bit scary being out of contact with it for almost 10 long minutes but my baby returned. Anyone beat that yet?

Cooter3690 said:
So now that we can fly out as far as the battery will take us, what's the farthest anyone has flown their phantom? The other day I plotted a 4 mile round trip flight and got it back with 32% battery remaining. It was a bit scary being out of contact with it for almost 10 long minutes but my baby returned. Anyone beat that yet?

I did a flight last month that was about 7 miles just under it. I can't remember the exact feet, but when I redraw it on Google Earth it shows up as 6.7 miles. As soon as it got back though it went straight into autoland no hesitation. That was cutting it really close. It was my fault though I got my numbers mixed up when I planned the flight. Did not mean to go that far. Just got lucky and it made it back.

speedy48 said:
That's good news. The range limit was about the only limitation which bothered me. Just for clarification : The RTH modus at low batt level still works?
Thank you....

As long as you enable Low Battery RTH it will return home. However I don't recommend it. I haven't tested it, but I'm not convinced RTH will function at full speed. I know RTH when Signal Lost is severely limited in terms of speed after the last update. I don't know if it's the same for RTH under low battery. The last thing you'd want is for it to return home with low battery from a long distance at 4m/s LOL (or whatever speed it may be set to).

justnoneya72 said:
Hey ilovecoffee i just want to let you know that i finally got arount to testing V6 with the dronexperts quick release and gopro. So far V7,V8,V9,V10 do not work, but V3, and V6 do. I thinking maybe it has to to with the GS bank and turn but thats just a guess. I would love it if you could get V10 and all your future versions to work with the Quick release. I would definitely pay for it. Thanks AUGUST

That's great you confirmed that. I will check the differences between v6 and v7 and see what might be the issue for you and I'll release it. EDIT: I checked and the only difference between v6 and v7 is the bank and turn as you suggested. For the life of me I can't think of a reason WHY that would cause issues with the Quick Release... :?: Hrm.... I've removed bank&turn from the app and PM'd you the link.

Thanks i really like the bank an turn i hope thats not it. I use your app ro fly missions more than i actually fly the phantom anymore. Just hope to get v10 to work with the Quick release . I use v10 on my original phantom 2 vision plus and i just installed flytrex live 3g on it also. I love your app cuz now i can go places that i would normally never think about doing. My next mission is to goto the beach and go like 30 ft up 3 miles out in the ocean And back... I've done it over land so it shold be ok over the ocean. Just dont know what height to exactly go with yet

NEW UPDATE (Currently untested)

Hey guys, I've made a minor update with some more customization features to put you in more control. I've not yet tested it yet, so if someone wouldn't mind posting here after testing.

New Features:

- Edit Default Stay Time at Waypoints (in seconds). When NOT using Bank & Turn, you can define how long you want your Phantom to sit and wait at a given way point. The default is still 0, but you can set it as long as you want, even until your battery dies :lol:
- Edit Default Speeds for Slow, Medium and Fast (in meters per second). Choose your own speed instead for Ground Station flights. The maximum in GPS mode is 15. Defaults are 20, 7 and 2. I keep the maximum higher than 15 in case the Phantom attempts to slow down when there are prevailing winds pushing it along faster (I'm not sure if it would attempt to slow down, but setting it to a higher value will guarantee that from not happening).

j1iKpX1.png

This may fix a bug with the dronexperts quick release, thanks to bringing to my attention, justnoeya72.

Download Here

Again, currently untested. I don't forsee any issues with it. I will update the first post with the new version once someone confirms everything is honky dory.

Bear501 said:
Cooter3690 said:

I did a flight last month that was about 7 miles just under it. I can't remember the exact feet, but when I redraw it on Google Earth it shows up as 6.7 miles. As soon as it got back though it went straight into autoland no hesitation. That was cutting it really close. It was my fault though I got my numbers mixed up when I planned the flight. Did not mean to go that far. Just got lucky and it made it back.

Thats pretty far!! I had a 5.1 mile trip plotted our but didn't send it off. My plan was to do a zig zag flight within range at the same distance as a test but if you went almost 7 then Im sure I could make the 5. So what was the battery life after you got back? Was it full at take off?

Cooter3690 said:
Thats pretty far!! I had a 5.1 mile trip plotted our but didn't send it off. My plan was to do a zig zag flight within range at the same distance as a test but if you went almost 7 then Im sure I could make the 5. So what was the battery life after you got back? Was it full at take off?

Yes the battery was full at takeoff. Do not remember what percentage it was when it got back, just know it auto landed when it got back. So I am assuming it was at least 14% or so I think. It was a basic flight pattern though as I only had two way points in it that made like a large triangle. It also did not have any altitude changes in it because I live on a hill so as it flew away from me the AGL got higher, but the copter never changed its actual height. So my advice to you is start small and work your way up slowly. And always double check your actual mileage/heights on Google Earth or something similar.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing