UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Reaction score
:D :D :D UNOFFICIAL DJI Vision App for Android Thread :D :D :D

Updated: Dec 17, 2014 (v11) From Version 1.0.54

Highlighted changes are what's new in this version below

Hey Gang,

Here is my modified version of the Android app which includes the following features:

• Ground Station:
  • Removed 500m distance limit
  • NEW: User selectable speeds for Fast, Medium and Slow (in meters per second only). 15 m/s is the maximum speed for GPS/Ground Station mode, but putting in a larger number will not result in anything bad, it just will top out at 15 m/s.
  • NEW: User selectable stay time at each way point (when not using bank & turn feature)
  • Ability to "Bank & Turn" at way points for much faster missions. Adjustable in Settings. Do not use for precision flying as it requires a larger turn radius and has loose way point accuracy depending on speed and proximity to nearby waypoints.
  • Ability to set default height for way points Adjustable in Settings
  • Use phone's GPS as home point. Allows you to start placing way points before connecting to the Phantom for easier mission planning. Adjustable in Settings
  • No screen time out on Ground Station view

Others:
  • Re-added Yaw Control with Phone/Tablet's accelerometer (ability to turn Phantom left or right by tilting your device, in addition to pitching the camera up and down)
  • Enlarged radar icon for better visibility
  • Changed satellite indicator colors to red/green instead of grey/blue for better visibility (in camera view only)
  • Currently not working, need to fix. Added Camera Direction control during Ground Station missions (ability to face Front, Left, Right and Back)
  • Removed 16 way point limit (may not work however given the NAZA hardware, may give an error before take-off)

The only modified part of this app are these features, nothing else has been touched. You must uninstall your current version before installing this version. You simply need to copy this APK to your Android device and open it there from your File Manager ("My Files" on Samsung devices), or download it directly onto your mobile device from the link on this page. You will lose all your settings and you will need to enable Ground Station from the Settings page again. You will also need to enable install from unknown sources in your security settings on your android device.

However I can't be clear enough....

:!: :!: :!: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! :!: :!: :!:

By using this modified app you have the potential to lose your phantom if you aren't smart. Don't expect it to come back if you select a 10km range because it has to turn and come home. If you want to push it, I recommend you have a SIM enabled GPS tracker.

You should have a very good understanding about how ground station works and all its nuances in the official app before using this.

If you do the following you'll have a bad time. You cannot send your Phantom back to China for warranty repair by flying it there :lol:
KgSEX7S.jpg

The distance will be in RED when you are over the original allowed distance as a reminder, however you will still be able to fly outside the circle (which I've made a few times bigger for what it's worth). You will not be allowed to fly in no fly zones however. That is something I just would not do, and I believe the built in firmware on the Phantom will stop it anyway.

dulNJL8.png

Download

Reactions: Arek and AL T
Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

So you did manage to recompile it again!

Congratulations :)

**** i was wanting to send mine back for warranty issue's, saves on shipping costs. Ow well maybe a nuke reactor can provide a solution.
Downloaded it before its prohibited.
Thanks for your work, if i'm going to use it ? Only time can tell that.

Oh man, awesome work. I can't thank you enough. The waypoint flight limit is about the only thing I really don't like about the P2V+. How many test flights have you done? And did you have to change batteries going across the Atlantic? ;)

Jstic said:
Oh man, awesome work. I can't thank you enough. The waypoint flight limit is about the only thing I really don't like about the P2V+. How many test flights have you done?

Well technically just one as I just finished it today :lol: . The weather is questionable today and I plan to take it to a much larger area where I'd be able to test it much more extensively. The code I have changed however should not impact anything during flight however. It flew outside the initial radius no problem. I haven't tested a flight with more than 16 way points as that was never much of an issue for me but I modified that limit as I figure it might be an issue with some people (such as yourself).

Cool, I'm downloading it now and will test it later today. Thanks again.

Will DJI be happy that you hacked their app? They'll take the heat if it gets out as the real app.
Just something to ponder... I don't want to bite the hand that is currently feeding us.
And don't want lawyers calling you. :)

ilovecoffee said:
:D :D :D UNOFFICIAL DJI Vision App for Android Thread :D :D :D

Hey Gang,

Here is my modified version of the Android app which will allow you basically unlimited distance and unlimited waypoints. The only modified part of this app are these checks, nothing else has been touched. You must uninstall your current version before installing this version. You simply need to copy this APK to your Android device and open it there from your File Manager ("My Files" on Samsung devices), or download it directly onto your mobile device from the link on this page. You will lose all your settings and you will need to enable Ground Station from the Settings page again. You will also need to enable install from unknown sources in your security settings on your android device.

However I can't be clear enough....

:!: :!: :!: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! :!: :!: :!:

By using this modified app you have the potential to lose your phantom if you aren't smart. The "Fast" mode is not as fast as operating it manually, so don't expect it to come back if you select a 10km range because it has to turn and come home. If you want to push it, I recommend you have a SIM enabled GPS tracker.

If you do the following you'll have a bad time. You cannot send your Phantom back to China for warranty repair by flying it there :lol:
KgSEX7S.jpg

Yes, the distance will be in RED when you are over the original allowed distance, however you will still be able to fly outside the circle (which I've made a few times bigger for what it's worth). You will not be allowed to fly in no fly zones however. That is something I just would not do, and I believe the built in firmware on the Phantom will stop it anyway.

DOWNLOAD HERE

awesome work..

flyingtim said:
Will DJI be happy that you hacked their app? They'll take the heat if it gets out as the real app.
Just something to ponder... I don't want to bite the hand that is currently feeding us.

I'm sure most end users get the app from the play store, so shouldn't be a problem

Thanks ilovecoffee, not sure if I'll use this personally but it's always good to see some development

flyingtim said:

Why? People are modifying their phantoms software currently. The real app is only available from the Play Store or their website. I could modify the app so it clearly states it has been modified...

That might be good. A clear disclaimer and point them to the Official DJI app.

Mori55 said:

You'd need to be jailbroken to run a modified Apple app I believe, but I'd be glad to help someone who knows how to decompile and recompile an Apple app. The code is the same I believe.

Can you unlock the elevation so I can do space travel too?

Thanks for your hard work on this :)

Awesome work ilc!!! Do you have any other plans up your sleeve for modding this app? There are many things that could be improved upon in the user interface for example... larger fonts and icons for satellite count and battery status etc...

Great improvement just like this though... props to you for getting in there and working this out!!! :ugeek:

rrmccabe said:

Joking aside lol, I could do that sure. Two main reasons I didn't are because a) people may abuse it to reach heights unattainable without massive antenna mods and b) isn't the descent rate slow in GS mode? (I don't know).

DBS said:
Awesome work ilc!!! Do you have any other plans up your sleeve for modding this app? There are many things that could be improved upon in the user interface for example... larger fonts and icons for satellite count and battery status etc...

Great improvement just like this though... props to you for getting in there and working this out!!! :ugeek:

I think I definitely can increase those font sizes. There are some things I want to explore later. I will update it tomorrow with a disclaimer in the opening splash image. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

So in order to upload I have to install this Mega App...? Than what? Sorry-thx

Bigdz said:
So in order to upload I have to install this Mega App...? Than what? Sorry-thx

Sounds like you're using a mobile device, just open up the menu and choose Request Desktop Site (if you're using Chrome on Android)

ilovecoffee said:
rrmccabe said:

Joking aside lol, I could do that sure. Two main reasons I didn't are because a) people may abuse it to reach heights unattainable without massive antenna mods and b) isn't the descent rate slow in GS mode? (I don't know).

DBS said:

I think I definitely can increase those font sizes. There are some things I want to explore later. I will update it tomorrow with a disclaimer in the opening splash image. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

And you might lose satellite coverage if you go above them. :roll:

I will say now I don't get the electronics side if things or software. But if the drone looses the signal from the tranny won't it hit failsafe and fly home if a waypoint is out of tranny range? Or does flying in GS do away with the need for a tranny signal?? Also, assuming GS programs the on board electronics, is there enough memory on board to store lots more way points than the stock app allows?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic