UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

philinet said:
Yes I ticked this box to allow unknown apps but it doesn't change anything.
All apk managers app tell me no file on sd
I wanted to try by USB directly on my mac, but the Samsung directories don't come on mac desktop, perhaps I should try with a PC

Can you not download the app straight from the store to your device? Instead of using a SD card.

Ok but do I have to search the app in google play and what is the exact name to search because when i search "unofficial vision app", i have no answer

ilovecoffee,

just got the 1.0.58 update of the dji Vision app.

On first Blush:
The app crash on motor start has been fixed.
Ground station no longer crashes app.

Will this particular version be available with your mods?
Previous versions would not work on my Nexus 4.

CapnBob said:
ilovecoffee,

just got the 1.0.58 update of the dji Vision app.

On first Blush:
The app crash on motor start has been fixed.
Ground station no longer crashes app.

Will this particular version be available with your mods?
Previous versions would not work on my Nexus 4.
I think ILuvCoffee mentioned that China decided to scramble the source code which makes it difficult for him to interpret and build upon.

As a result, I'm guessing the answer will be no to your question.

We shall see.

philinet said:
Ok but do I have to search the app in google play and what is the exact name to search because when i search "unofficial vision app", i have no answer

Just use this link that goes directly to ILC's page. http://ilovecoffee.cf/

Bear501 said:
philinet said:

Just use this link that goes directly to ILC's page. http://ilovecoffee.cf/

It's also always in the first post of this thread. Coffee updates the link each time he puts out a new version.

Thank's a lot guys, the app is in my phone, I was not very used to android because i have an iphone and bought a used samsung just to use you app because i really need to use ground station with more air :)
Now I understood that DJI changes their code and I will perhaps have to go back with an older version of my P2V+ to be able to use it but lovecofee seems to be more optimist on the new issue about the codes ;)

I have been using this app extensively using version 10 on kitkat 4.2.

I had many great flights, all 2.5 miles long to record videos for my channel. All fine and dandy except that when it stopped working for me.

I installed FPVLR Stage 4 antenna upgrades + amplifiers. Modifications were done to replace bird side antennas 5.8 and 2.4 ghz as well as install antennas and amps on controller.

Flight #1 in manual mode using app worked perfectly fine.
Flight #2 and on I get this issue:

On kitchen table it works beautifully. On ground it works beautifully. The second bird goes up in the air you can count (usually in less than 10 seconds) it drops out of video screen into the 4 tab/button main screen. Looses all iosd... everything. You click on video... few seconds and bam... same issue. The further up it goes or further out.. it then switches over into waypoint screen and can not be clicked out of until you close app. You close app, reopen it and get video feed but zero iosd. Ok shut down app, get iosd. Woohoo... crashes back into 4 tab screen.

I does it over and over and over. The only thing that changed on my setup was installation of fpvlr4.

Naturally ios app does not crash at all but it limits my waypoints. In other words I can't use my android tablet to look at the screen unless drone is on my kitchen table. I tested it... drained entire battery and video sticks but once over 5ft in altitude it goes into crashathon.

Following Tony's suggestion I cleared cache on my tablet (samsung galaxy 4 7 inch), removed the app, reinstalled it and same thing happens again.

When flying in ios using iphone I get no such problems. Today I am going to uninstall unofficial app and install android app and see if app is stable.

What in ilovecoffee app that could be even remotely causing this issue? This is app related issue because flying works perfectly fine on official app. I just can't wrap my head around this one. I have been trying to diagnose it for 2 weeks now.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

^ I have no clue. Are you sure that's the only change you made? I cannot see how antennas would cause the app to crash... Doesn't make sense at all.

Did you also upgrade the firmware? Are you also comparing this to the official app of the same version (1.0.54)?

yarik83 said:
.. crashes back into 4 tab screen. .

Funny you should mention that, i was out flying yesterday and i was using the Official DJi app and the same thing happened to me, constant crash back to the 4 tab screen.

Im trying out the ILC app today

Im using the Samsung S3, which apparently isnt favoured by DJI

Ok so ive just been out with this app,

I did a GS mission, and i have to say im well impressed, with just one caveat, not sure if this happens on the official DJI app.

When i loaded the waypoints, and i got the part where i can check the height of each waypoint, just before you hit "GO", i went back into the camera view and hit record, when i go back into the GS section all the waypoints have gone.

To fix this i had to set my waypoints press "GO" and then quickly switch to camera view and press record.

Not ideal, im sure that i could switch from camera to GS without losing the set way points before pressing GO.

On the plus side and i must say it is most impressive is the bank between way points, this makes for a much smoother video.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgORp6Vyc2A[/youtube]

Everything else worked fine, and i had no drop to the 4 tile screen either.

yarik83 said:
I have been using this app extensively using version 10 on kitkat 4.2.

I had many great flights, all 2.5 miles long to record videos for my channel. All fine and dandy except that when it stopped working for me.
[...]
On kitchen table it works beautifully. On ground it works beautifully. The second bird goes up in the air you can count (usually in less than 10 seconds) it drops out of video screen into the 4 tab/button main screen. Looses all iosd... everything. You click on video... few seconds and bam... same issue.
[...]
Hello everyone,
I have just registered on this forum and this is my first post! I have actually decided to registered because I've been experiencing the exact same issue UNTIL I found a solution. It works every time!
Open the DJI Vision app (official or not, doesn't matter) and tap on SETTINGS tab. Scroll down to the "Dynamic Home Point" and remove the check mark. On my two phones and one tablet the app stopped crashing and whenever I reactivate this option it goes back to crashing again.
It seems that whenever the Phantom has the same GPS location as the phone and the location doesn't change everything is working ok. As soon as the Phantom moves away and the location changes the app will crash. Again, this has worked for me on three different Android devices and I have confirmed this several times. As soon as Dynamic Home Point is active the app will crash. Disable it and it's back to normal.
This is a cool feature but apparently it doesn't work.
Let us know if it works for you.

Good luck!

Not sure if that is the answer, i disabled DHP a long time ago and haven't re enabled it since.

I am ready for my first GS flight but not being able to set the waypoints ahead of time is killing me. Also the 1500ft limit is just shy of where I want to send it... So time for this app?

My concern is my present DJI app is ver 1.0.58; this unofficial is based on a few layers older version. Will there be a new update soon based on latest DJI?

I think I like to ability to adjust RTH landing on way in, I am too much a newbie to want to give up the new GPS lock pop up, and not sure what other features I will give up if I install this.

Comments?

If you dont like it, then just uninstall it and reinstall the original, at the end of the day the updates DJI did werent up to much, the little pop up doesnt work in Naza mode and thats what most of us use, i like the max distance removal in the new app and the fantastic banking between waypoints makes a smoother turn, check my video.

crash1sttime said:
If you dont like it, then just uninstall it and reinstall the original, at the end of the day the updates DJI did werent up to much, the little pop up doesnt work in Naza mode and thats what most of us use, i like the max distance removal in the new app and the fantastic banking between waypoints makes a smoother turn, check my video.

Interesting video. I like the banking turns, as well. Way more professional looking.

Do you have a P2V+? Your video almost looks more like a Vision. If you turn off FPV mode in the app you will get a much smoother looking flight. But, maybe you like it on, personal preference, I guess.

Anyway, nice job flying in waypoints! :D

Hi, I've read all 104 pages of this excellent thread but just wanted clarification on one point before I fly using this modified app.

As I understand it, return to home when contact is lost is disabled in GS, but will it still work in normal GPS mode when you're flying manually? And do I still need to set altitude limits for this mode in the Assistant software or are they disabled in this app? Thanks :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT