Unable to stop Aircraft

Reaction score
I have Phantom 4 Advanced and used it heaps last year no problem. Restarted a couple of moths ago and all works fine except one thing.

I cannot power aircraft off after landing using any stick combination. I have updated all firmware and the problem still exists…….I have asked a few folk and still. no definitive answer ……Please who the Smart guy on here with the Definitive answer.

I cannot power aircraft off after landing using any stick combination.
The sticks do not power the aircraft down. CSC only stops the motors. If that is what you were referring to.

The better option to the above is left stick full down for 3 seconds to stop the motors.

Reactions: Oso
Pulling down on left stick makes motors kinda surge as does CSC as it’s stopping the motors which as you say I am referring to....

Pulling down on left stick makes motors kinda surge as does CSC as it’s stopping the motors which as you say I am referring to....
Not sure about the "surge" you refer to, but those are the correct methods. I would highly reccomend you only use the left stick down method. There have been numerous occurrences of the aircraft "flipping" by using CSC to stop the motors. CSC for starting is fine. To actually power down the aircraft you must turn off the battery. Sticks will not do this. Same method as turning on the battery. Short press, long press.

okay maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. last year I used and flew the aircraft with no problems. This year I have a problem with the Left Stick when tying to shut of motors on landing, in that it does nothing, doing a CSC has same effect, how do I correct this, firmware has been updated

This year I have a problem with the Left Stick when tying to shut of motors on landing, in that it does nothing, doing a CSC has same effect, how do I correct this, firmware has been updated
If you are saying that either method does not shut off the motors after landing, this is a new one. Have not heard of this one before, but just as a quick test you can do, and it may or may not have any effect. Do a short takeoff and land, but turn the VPS off. Should that correct the problem, then indeed it could be firmware related and/or downward sensor related. It is perfectly safe to fly without them. Just a personal opinion but I leave mine off and never use them. Should you get the same results, pull the .dat log from the aircraft and we can have a look there and possibly see what is going on.

Now one drastic method. Catch the AC in the air while landing. Put the remote aside and with other hand turn the battery off. Very likely this will do. Be careful not to touch blades !

Reactions: redneck1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez