Unable to start & view through app

Reaction score
I bought this unit used and it worked right out of the box; starting/stopping, pairing with the transmitter, viewing real time with the app etc. I was able to put in about 10 hours of flight time in before the issue I describe below began.

After researching the available software etc I used the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant version 3.08 software to upgrade the firmware (according to DJI's) website from 3.12 to 3.14.

After doing this I am no longer able to start the phantom or get the iPhone DJI Phantom Vision software to view it. The perplexing part is if I use the transmitter I can control the camera & when hooked up to the computer the assistant software recognizes the joy stick movement but will not allow it to start.

Some resources; the unable to start/stop pairing issue, confirmation of the software recognizing the controller & attached is a snapshot of the firmware versions.

I have tried quite a few things; using the assistant software 3.06 to re-install the firmware, used the assistant 3.08 software to re-install each component of the firmware (i.e. main board, zen muse etc).

While researching the P330CB-H3-2D board & how to possibly perform a factory reset, I came across this thread (Install OpenWRT WebUI on Repeater/P2V+) regarding the WPA settings on the controller & drone.

The controller wireless network (i.e Phantom_XXXXXX) is accessible but the hidden WPA SSID 'FC200_XXXXXX' (where XXXXXX is the last 3 octets of the MAC identifier) is not accessible even though the signal for the WPA is present on channel 7.

I believe this is where my problem is and have even gone so far as to try every permeable SSID corresponding to what should be the default (i.e. FC200_038CB9).

Can anyone provide some insight? Where I have already spent more than I wanted to on a used drone to determine if I want a nicer one I don't really want (or can afford) to dump money into an expensive repair of the unit.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Attachments

• phantom-version.png
    phantom-version.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
I bought this unit used and it worked right out of the box; starting/stopping, pairing with the transmitter, viewing real time with the app etc. I was able to put in about 10 hours of flight time in before the issue I describe below began.

After researching the available software etc I used the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant version 3.08 software to upgrade the firmware (according to DJI's) website from 3.12 to 3.14.

After doing this I am no longer able to start the phantom or get the iPhone DJI Phantom Vision software to view it. The perplexing part is if I use the transmitter I can control the camera & when hooked up to the computer the assistant software recognizes the joy stick movement but will not allow it to start.

Some resources; the unable to start/stop pairing issue, confirmation of the software recognizing the controller & attached is a snapshot of the firmware versions.

I have tried quite a few things; using the assistant software 3.06 to re-install the firmware, used the assistant 3.08 software to re-install each component of the firmware (i.e. main board, zen muse etc).

While researching the P330CB-H3-2D board & how to possibly perform a factory reset, I came across this thread (Install OpenWRT WebUI on Repeater/P2V+) regarding the WPA settings on the controller & drone.

The controller wireless network (i.e Phantom_XXXXXX) is accessible but the hidden WPA SSID 'FC200_XXXXXX' (where XXXXXX is the last 3 octets of the MAC identifier) is not accessible even though the signal for the WPA is present on channel 7.

I believe this is where my problem is and have even gone so far as to try every permeable SSID corresponding to what should be the default (i.e. FC200_038CB9).

Can anyone provide some insight? Where I have already spent more than I wanted to on a used drone to determine if I want a nicer one I don't really want (or can afford) to dump money into an expensive repair of the unit.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Two things that I noticed. One is that when you turned on the remote did the LED turns green? Now even though it turns green doesn't mean that the two units are paired. Second you mentioned calibrating the sticks/X1 in the remote but did? you do the same in the P2 software?

The remote lights do turn green & the p2 software reflects the sticks movement is all.

The remote lights do turn green & the p2 software reflects the sticks movement is all.
Guess I didn't make myself clear about which LED should turn green. On the underside of the P2 there is a red LED which is part of the receiver module and should turn green when you power up the transmitter. Even if the LED turns green it does not necessarily mean that the P2 and transmitter are paired together. Now in your video after you powered up the transmitter I didn't notice that the LED had turned green.

Hey Jas-,
Does the Dial Wheel only work, when Tx is close to craft? Or does it work far away? Reason I ask, I had the same Tx, that the transmitter board, slowly went bad. I started loosing signal, closer , then closer, to the point, the Tx antenna had to touch the craft to work? Weeks of searching to find out a board went bad in Tx. I'm not saying this is your problem, but worth looking into. Try it with RX VERY close to phantom and let us know?

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Guess I didn't make myself clear about which LED should turn green. On the underside of the P2 there is a red LED which is part of the receiver module and should turn green when you power up the transmitter. Even if the LED turns green it does not necessarily mean that the P2 and transmitter are paired together. Now in your video after you powered up the transmitter I didn't notice that the LED had turned green.

You're right, the LED indicator for pairing the transmitter doesn't turn green. As those video's show the software can see the transmitter indicating that particular radio signal is accessible from the drone but I am unable to start it.

You're right, the LED indicator for pairing the transmitter doesn't turn green. As those video's show the software can see the transmitter indicating that particular radio signal is accessible from the drone but I am unable to start it.

Have you had a crash with the P2?? Have you tried pairing the transmitter and P2 again?? Here is alink to the User's Manual checkout page 18 for the pairing procedure.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

If the LED doesn't turn green once the pairing is completed you may have to replace the receiver on board. Since I do not know your location (USA or Europe) this is the best research I can do.
DJI Receiver for Phantom 1.1.1 and Phantom 2 CP.PT.000097 B&H

Yeah I have tried that as well. Looks like I am going to have to do some soldering.

Yeah I have tried that as well. Looks like I am going to have to do some soldering.

What do you mean by soldering? The 5.8GHz receiver board is under the main board held by two screws. In order to remove the receiver board you do have remove 4 screws holding down the main board. So no soldering is necessary.

Now the receiver board I posted in my other thread was for a Phantom 2 non-vision which was 2.4GHz as I forgot you had the P2 vision + which uses a 5.8GHz receiver and the only source I could find that had it was Helipal.
DJIPVP-11 DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus P2V + Receiver (5.8G)

Do you know if DJI support has the ability to provide the older 3.12 firmware? I would really like to roll it back to see if that will resolve the issue.

They used to Jas,
But backdoor into firmware is no longer avail. So you'd have to buy a naza with older firmware already installed on it, it is the only way I found to revert. Most of my phantoms are 3.08 firmware!

A long time ago,
In PC assistant ( upgrade firmware screen ) before you press upgrade firmware, you could type " Door " then an admin window pops up, there you types " 125 " this would unlock firmware screen and allow you to choose any version! The DOOR part still works, but admin password has been changed! Bummer.

But best bet is naza with older firmware already on it. That is how I did all my new plus model crafts, as they came with 3.12-3.14 on them.

Hope this helps
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
They used to Jas,
But backdoor into firmware is no longer avail. So you'd have to buy a naza with older firmware already installed on it, it is the only way I found to revert. Most of my phantoms are 3.08 firmware!

A long time ago,
In PC assistant ( upgrade firmware screen ) before you press upgrade firmware, you could type " Door " then an admin window pops up, there you types " 125 " this would unlock firmware screen and allow you to choose any version! The DOOR part still works, but admin password has been changed! Bummer.

But best bet is naza with older firmware already on it. That is how I did all my new plus model crafts, as they came with 3.12-3.14 on them.

Hope this helps
J Dot
Hmm, you wouldn't have the older PC Assistant software would you?

Goto Droneslinger.com he has them all.

J Dot

Droneslinger doesn't have anything available past software v3.6.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.