Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

I'm having trouble with turning the Follow Me function ON,anyone any idea how to turn it on,also how do you get it work once it's Enabled?Thanks for any Help!Loving the App so far and been enjoying sending my Phantom on some long GS Trips,one of them was 2 miles from me and back and still had about 40% Batt left,maybe 3 miles each way would be possible?Anyone taken there's that far yet?...

Taximan650 said:
I'm having trouble with turning the Follow Me function ON,anyone any idea how to turn it on,also how do you get it work once it's Enabled?Thanks for any Help!Loving the App so far and been enjoying sending my Phantom on some long GS Trips,one of them was 2 miles from me and back and still had about 40% Batt left,maybe 3 miles each way would be possible?Anyone taken there's that far yet?...

The follow function is currently only in the beta version AFAIK.

methinx said:
Taximan650 said:

The follow function is currently only in the beta version AFAIK.

Correct, follow-me is still being tweaked. I want to have minimal settings since nearly all the behavior can be calculated. I don't feel that most users want to tweak things like tracking speed, it should be automatic. I'm also working to have the follow-me deal better with varying device's GPS accuracy. Some devices consistently report high accuracy 6-8m while others average higher 10-15. I'd like to solve for both rather than limit to only the best of devices.

Taximan650 said:
I'm having trouble with turning the Follow Me function ON,anyone any idea how to turn it on,also how do you get it work once it's Enabled?Thanks for any Help!Loving the App so far and been enjoying sending my Phantom on some long GS Trips,one of them was 2 miles from me and back and still had about 40% Batt left,maybe 3 miles each way would be possible?Anyone taken there's that far yet?...[/quote
Check out this long range flight , it did not make it back to starting point but i know this area and you could follow the phantom in a car if needed .I would say 2.5 miles there and back with the correct wind conditions would be ok .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aqFo6l48HI

A nice feature for the Follow Me Function would be to be able to set the side the drone follows you, like stay on my right side, or stay in front of me,...
I have seen a nice interface from Hexo+, I am sure you have seen it too...

mauizoom said:
A nice feature for the Follow Me Function would be to be able to set the side the drone follows you, like stay on my right side, or stay in front of me,...
I have seen a nice interface from Hexo+, I am sure you have seen it too...

There is a plan to include Phantom orientation; it is likely to be part of the POI release as the calculations for flying POI are similar and the implementation is quite different.

Someone posted this on the DJI Forum:

If the Phantom crashed or lands in tree or high grass. In this case is often difficult to find the Model afterwards.
The Phantom has the needed hardware already in it.
Is it possible to include in the next firmware update, a smart locating beeper?

I agree. Even with a locator such as Flytrex you can be very close but not able to see it.
Would it be possible to trigger the beeper from your app?

GaryDZ said:
Someone posted this on the DJI Forum:

If the Phantom crashed or lands in tree or high grass. In this case is often difficult to find the Model afterwards.
The Phantom has the needed hardware already in it.
Is it possible to include in the next firmware update, a smart locating beeper?

I agree. Even with a locator such as Flytrex you can be very close but not able to see it.
Would it be possible to trigger the beeper from your app?

I know it isn't possible currently but that is an excellent idea and I'll certainly pass it on to DJI.

The direction box in the top includes 2 pieces of information..... and let me know if it still doesn't address the information you'd like to have available.

I like app but I miss the radar screen. Or maybe a 'magic wand'? Can u pause a waypoint mission and fly around off course and then resume mission? Also can you set a take off altitude? Like if you are near some tall objects at your take off point, can you set it to go straight up to 100ft then go on waypoint mission? Or set waypoint one as your home position at 100ft and it will climb straight up to 100ft then continue mission.

Last edited:
I very interested in your Ultimate Flight App.
I lost my bird 2 weeks ago and waiting for new one to arrive. I like all the features you have worked so hard to give us and I'm sure you will continue to improve your App.
My question is: Do I still need to purchase a Flytrex system to help locate a wayward bird on the ground?
What are your suggestions?
The bird we lost (V2+vers3) went down somewhere but "the Find my Phantom from DJI could not locate it. I'm pretty sure no one grabbed it as it is a remote area. We looked for 3 days in the trees & ground. It has a reward sticker on it. I wish I had your App installed, maybe I would have found her.

I very interested in your Ultimate Flight App.
I lost my bird 2 weeks ago and waiting for new one to arrive. I like all the features you have worked so hard to give us and I'm sure you will continue to improve your App.
My question is: Do I still need to purchase a Flytrex system to help locate a wayward bird on the ground?
What are your suggestions?
The bird we lost (V2+vers3) went down somewhere but "the Find my Phantom from DJI could not locate it. I'm pretty sure no one grabbed it as it is a remote area. We looked for 3 days in the trees & ground. It has a reward sticker on it. I wish I had your App installed, maybe I would have found her.
The app can locate the last reported location of the Phantom when Wi-Fi was connected. Devices like FlyTrex GSM can tell you where the Phantom is as long as the Phantom has cell connection (so the FlyTrex can tell you where your Phantom went if you are out of Wi-Fi range or had the Phantom fly away. They are different and for different purposes and reliability. I have the FlyTrex and wouldn't fly without it but only because I know if the Phantom flew away I could still find it miles away.

Reactions: AmosMoses and bbfpv
I like app but I miss the radar screen. Or maybe a 'magic wand'? Can u pause a waypoint mission and fly around off course and then resume mission? Also can you set a take off altitude? Like if you are near some tall objects at your take off point, can you set it to go straight up to 100ft then go on waypoint mission? Or set waypoint one as your home position at 100ft and it will climb straight up to 100ft then continue mission.

Yes, you can pause missions but you can't really pause, free-fly and continue. Solving the takeoff altitude is just a matter of setting the 1st waypoint near and high!

The magic wand as seen in some apps is a pointer to fly home. The app does that but without the line. If you look at the compass (upper corner) you will see the Phantom indicator (pointing towards flying direction) and an [H] indicator. The [H] indicator is the bearing to home. If you rotate the Phantom to point to the [H] you are flying towards home.

Let me know if this helps.

Reactions: Nasc
The app can locate the last reported location of the Phantom when Wi-Fi was connected. Devices like FlyTrex GSM can tell you where the Phantom is as long as the Phantom has cell connection (so the FlyTrex can tell you where your Phantom went if you are out of Wi-Fi range or had the Phantom fly away. They are different and for different purposes and reliability. I have the FlyTrex and wouldn't fly without it but only because I know if the Phantom flew away I could still find it miles away.
I would like to say "Well said - Sir"

I keep having trouble with the camera signal freezing on me. I try it with the DJI app and the camera works just fine. It also just shutts down on me so I have to restart it.

A new and updated version will soon be out; it is in final stages of pre-release.

Included will be bank turn mode (in waypoint missions) as well as a number of features that will help clear the FPV screen of UI visuals that are not needed to take up screen space except when they are being used.

Find my Phantom, a new feature will map the last reported location of the Phantom (even after the app is closed so in case of a lost Phantom you don't need to worry about keeping the app running or loosing the location information).

Something I don't like is when using on a small screen (motoG) I don't want the map view at all most times - but when I expand the camera view the aspect ratio is wrong to the point of being unusable. .
The original app uses the whole screen for camera fpv which is much better when you go back to it.

Something I don't like is when using on a small screen (motoG) I don't want the map view at all most times - but when I expand the camera view the aspect ratio is wrong to the point of being unusable. .
The original app uses the whole screen for camera fpv which is much better when you go back to it.

This update has increased the height of the full screen views so it should be better. I think you will also like what I've done to get the screen much clearer of controls while still giving you the information to find them. You don't need to remember when to slide or how many taps are needed to perform an operation; the app helps you. You will see what I mean once the version updates.

Is there any way to increase the max speed when flying a GS mission? I'm only able to get a max of 23mph with the settings turned all the way up in the app. Or is it a limitation of the Phantom when it's in gps mode?
I've been able to reach a steady 30mph with GPS in free flight.

Is there any way to increase the max speed when flying a GS mission? I'm only able to get a max of 23mph with the settings turned all the way up in the app. Or is it a limitation of the Phantom when it's in gps mode?
Try changing the app to metric and crank up the speed. See if it's any better...I know it made it better on mine...at first I got 8mph with everything cranked on imperial, then switched to metric and cranked it and back to imperial and got 28mph.

Reactions: AmosMoses

Do you know what version you are using? I tested in the version about to be released (in beta) and the issue doesn't appear to be present so it may have been fixed but I'd like to be sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart