Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

kenargo said:
StevenQX said:
Hi kenargo, why you don't insert the possibility to boost fpv in your app? It's the thing I miss more...

A few reasons...

There is a free separate app that works well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lusutility

The boosting is loved by many, feared by many as a cause of burnt out Wi-Fi units

I'm not sure I'd that including it would be aligned with the spirit of the DJI SDK agreement.

It's easily added but with a free app out there I'd rather focus on larger features in the app.

I hope you understand.
Ken
I understand, anyway I think that an all in one solution is always preferred. Pre Flight check list is long and remember to open 2 apps is an extra. I notice that at least a little bit of boost is needed, I've had connection lost at 150mts only and is not nice to read that message on the phone while you're flying so close...

kenargo said:
DBS said:
kenargo said:
Vision app doesn't use the SDK (so I've been told); I suspect that might be by it works on the device.

That would explain some **** right there huh? :evil:

Well this just bumps me into trying a new rom anyway... I've been on the same boring build I put together myself since last year so it's about time to reflash clean and start new. :ugeek:

I hear you and please let know how you get along with your tests

So i've sorted out my issues... it was my home dinosaur DSL internet connection (i assume)

Wish i would've checked on that first but eh... i got a cool new rom running on my tablet now so it was a problem that bumped me into some cool stuff.

to update...

Installed the first time... and posted my problem.
ended up breaking my tablets custom rom trying to fix the problem.
today wiped my tablet and Odin reflashed back to stock 4.4.2.
installed app again and same problem... ( "app must be run once with an active internet connection before accessing SDK")
DAMMIT!!!
Spent some time trying to troubleshoot... WHY DOES THIS WORK FINE ON MY PHONE??!?!
Then i had a thought...
when i loaded and installed the app on my phone i wasn't on my home internet... i was sitting in a parking lot waiting for the wife on mobile Verizon LTE... Hmmmmm
Reached over and created a hotspot with my Note 3... connected to it with the Galaxy Tab S 10.5... clicked FLY! ... BOOM

Works like a charm now...

Jeepers creepers ... that was a huge pain in the ***...

Nothing to do with the app... it's probly more to do with my DSL... and the way i had to hack the modem together with a decent router to have a reliable connection here.

NOW...

Looking forward to going out and trying this **** thing finally... thankyou to kenargo for the PM support... i totally made sense of what you were saying and found the file "sdkconfig.json" in the app context folder... but yeah encrypted wasn't gonna help.

Anyway... solved the old fashioned way... keep beating on it untill something works :roll:

kenargo said:
maning said:
I am experiencing some problems!
Tested on 3 flights on 2 of them it supposed that was recording......

You are hitting the 2 main issues I'm working with DJI to fix...

1) The DJI SDK reports camera OFF, when it's really ON during GS flight. The app uses the SDK reported state to control buttons so, since the SDK says the camera is OFF during GS, pressing the button will always try to turn it ON, no matter what. For GS missions I suggest allowing the auto-camera mode to work; it doesn't use status and turns the camera ON when motors start and OFF at the end when motors are turned OFF....

Ken

is this just an issue with certain phones? S3 here and 2nd to last flight I clicked video icon during flight, it turned off vid rec, and i was able to then take the still shots I wanted. click it back on when done and it continued video from there.

kenargo said:
StevenQX said:
Hi kenargo, why you don't insert the possibility to boost fpv in your app? It's the thing I miss more...

A few reasons...

There is a free separate app that works well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lusutility

The boosting is loved by many, feared by many as a cause of burnt out Wi-Fi units

I'm not sure I'd that including it would be aligned with the spirit of the DJI SDK agreement.

It's easily added but with a free app out there I'd rather focus on larger features in the app.

I hope you understand.
Ken

wish I knew of this free app :)

I paid my $10 for the 'smart' one..... it definitely stopped my marginal video on my pv v3, but I consider it a bit of a scam: it says smart like it will boost and UNBOOST as needed. In reality, best I can figure (they won't answer my requests) it simply waits until needed, THEN boosts, but never turns boost back down if not needed... they call this 'smart.'

yorlik said:
kenargo said:
StevenQX said:

A few reasons...

I hope you understand.
Ken

wish I knew of this free app :)

I paid my $10 for the 'smart' one..... it definitely stopped my marginal video on my pv v3, but I consider it a bit of a scam: it says smart like it will boost and UNBOOST as needed. In reality, best I can figure (they won't answer my requests) it simply waits until needed, THEN boosts, but never turns boost back down if not needed... they call this 'smart.'

And you know... the phantom already does that smart power attenuation on it's own... it's nothing smart built into the app

TuT said:
Here's one for the suggestion box that would take you WAY over the top..

A split screen mode so we could use Google Cardboard and strap our phones for our faces like FPV goggles. FPV goggles for $20.. I like it!

Here's an example of a compatible FPV phone holder for under $20:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magnetic-Vir ... 8693&rt=nc

I'll add it to the list for possible future inclusion; no telling when I'll get to it but I'll try....

That would be very cool. I tried modifying my Cardboard with lenses and such with the single screen...not very good.
You definitely need a split screen, although it won't Be 3D.

kenargo said:
TuT said:
Here's one for the suggestion box that would take you WAY over the top..

A split screen mode so we could use Google Cardboard and strap our phones for our faces like FPV goggles. FPV goggles for $20.. I like it!

Here's an example of a compatible FPV phone holder for under $20:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magnetic-Vir ... 8693&rt=nc

I'll add it to the list for possible future inclusion; no telling when I'll get to it but I'll try....

Awesome!!

FWIW, I have confirmed in Alpha testing that the Phantom Tracks file imports successfully into Dashware using the Flytrex profile.

yorlik said:
djsydvicious said:
FWIW, I have confirmed in Alpha testing that the Phantom Tracks file imports successfully into Dashware using the Flytrex profile.

FYI. it also directly imports successfully into a number of free gps map programs, such as http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

It can also visualize altitude, see attachment:

Attachments

• Knipsel.jpg
    Knipsel.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 350
AH!! HOW DID YOU VISUALIZE ALTITUDE???? WOW!

That is one pc of the pie I missed on this site! Please share!!

yorlik said:
AH!! HOW DID YOU VISUALIZE ALTITUDE???? WOW!

That is one pc of the pie I missed on this site! Please share!!

Use the advanced input for Google Maps and then select Colorize by Altitude

Attachments

• Knipsel.jpg
    Knipsel.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 314
Amazing! Thanks.

Then too the altitude chart to go along with it is telling...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 370
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 282
djsydvicious said:

I've been helping with this part of the app because it is something I'm most interested in. I had to get Ken up to speed some on the dashware part before adding any data info that we could use right away. So far we have really only taken two attempts at getting useable content into the apps log profile. As of right now about 25% of the overall log profile is of use. Half of the log profile is the same as the flytrex profile. However at this moment some matching flytrex data columns such as any starting with "max_", "altitude(feet)", "pressure(Pa)", and "temperature(F) are not working properly, yet. The pressure(Pa) will likely be removed as the vPlus doesn't have any way to log data for it.

Once all the matching flytrex columns are working, we can then look into creating categories to read data in the remaining columns. Then hopefully we can lock in on actual DJI Ultimate Flight app Data Profile Logger. Once that is complete it will be the green light for any of you to begin building new Gauges in dashware that works with the new data we're now logging that we never had the option to do in the past.

Btw, I do want to say that as a user of the app I really appreciate all of Ken's help and support with what he has accomplished so far. This guy has dedicated a ton of time in doing what he has so far.

Agreed, Ken is doing one bangup job on this app. I hope one day dji will offer him big bucks for the privilege to call it their own.

And thank you for helping Ken make this even better.

Please, in your desire to make the log file 'Dashware?' compatible, do not DROP columns present in Ken's present csv file; it would be a crime to loose that other data! I have full faith that slowly dji will be correcting the nonsense bad data in some of the important columns.

yorlik said:
Agreed, Ken is doing one bangup job on this app. I hope one day dji will offer him big bucks for the privilege to call it their own.

And thank you for helping Ken make this even better.

Please, in your desire to make the log file 'Dashware?' compatible, do not DROP columns present in Ken's present csv file; it would be a crime to loose that other data! I have full faith that slowly dji will be correcting the nonsense bad data in some of the important columns.

I don't know of there being bad data as much as the data not reading consistently as other data. To my knowledge there hasn't been any efforts in doing anything with the dji data yet. Also it's currently unknown how much is too much data to log as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna