Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

prostreetcamaro said:
I bought this app and it does nothing but freeze up and crash every time for me when I hit go. ATT S5 with 4.4.4
Might be something else running in the background. Did you restart the phone after the install? I've used my wife's s4 and my daughters s5 both without issue.
The s5 just got the lollipop 5.0 update and I haven't been able to try it since the update though because she away at school.

prostreetcamaro said:
I bought this app and it does nothing but freeze up and crash every time for me when I hit go. ATT S5 with 4.4.4
I'm just guessing but you may want to clear the cache, uninstall and reinstall. Works great on my S5 running 5.0.

I just purchased the app, can access the "Plan..." function, but if I try to select "Calibrate..." or "Fly!..." I get a "DJI SDK Initialization" dialog box telling me I have to have an active internet connection for accessing the DJI SDK." I've got an active internet connection, which is obvious since the "Plan..." function is download map data.

Have a Nexus 7 and Android 5.0.2

There may be a simple answer already posted somewhere on this forum, but the "Search..." function is so poor I couldn't find anything useful.

Thanks

tcope said:
I _think_ you need to run the original app from DJI and then load Kens app.

You should not need to; my app has it's own ID and registers with DJI under that ID.

It should just work but from what you describe the app isn't connecting to the DJI servers. I've not seen this happen but in rare cases I've seen where the connection might take a few moment (no more than 1 few seconds). If you wait at the main screen for a while then try the other screens does it make a difference? Basically what happens in the SDK contacts DJI and until DJI replies for the 1st time the Phantom connection cannot be established; this is the error you are seeing.

Once it is done once there is a file on the device and auth to DJI takes a second; it's only the initial time that takes time but I've never heard of it taking more than 1-2 seconds.

Let me know if there is a change if you leave it on the main screen for a while but if not I may not be able to do much about it except to send you a refund until DJI can investigate the issue.

Mac_Guy said:
I just purchased the app, can access the "Plan..." function, but if I try to select "Calibrate..." or "Fly!..." I get a "DJI SDK Initialization" dialog box telling me I have to have an active internet connection for accessing the DJI SDK." I've got an active internet connection........

Maybe it is telling you that you need a connection - to the drone? Mine says similar thing in same situation.

kenargo said:
tcope said:

You should not need to; my app has it's own ID and registers with DJI under that ID.

It should just work but from what you describe the app isn't connecting to the DJI servers. I've not seen this happen but in rare cases I've seen where the connection might take a few moment (no more than 1 few seconds). If you wait at the main screen for a while then try the other screens does it make a difference? Basically what happens in the SDK contacts DJI and until DJI replies for the 1st time the Phantom connection cannot be established; this is the error you are seeing.

Once it is done once there is a file on the device and auth to DJI takes a second; it's only the initial time that takes time but I've never heard of it taking more than 1-2 seconds.

Let me know if there is a change if you leave it on the main screen for a while but if not I may not be able to do much about it except to send you a refund until DJI can investigate the issue.

I've left the app on the main screen for five minutes or longer and I still get the dialog preventing me from using the app. Maybe there is a problem with DJI's servers not responding. I'll try again tomorrow. I may also try connecting through another internet connection when I get a chance.

Sure would like to get your app running!

Why the need to register with DJI? I suppose you pay a fee to DJI for each app you sell?

Mac_Guy said:
kenargo said:
tcope said:

I've left the app on the main screen for five minutes or longer and I still get the dialog preventing me from using the app. Maybe there is a problem with DJI's servers not responding. I'll try again tomorrow. I may also try connecting through another internet connection when I get a chance.

Sure would like to get your app running!

Why the need to register with DJI? I suppose you pay a fee to DJI for each app you sell?

I wanted to check-in; is your device now working? I think we chatted on the Google Group page but I want to be sure to follow-up here as well just in case.

Ken,
I just updated to 1.40 from 1.39 and when I go to the "plan" section, the map just stays at the full world map and does not find my local location. When I switch to the "Fly" section the map does zero into my local location. I did not have this problem with any of the previous updates. Thanks

Love the improving look of the new App. Thanks for the buttons and icons and stuff. I've made a way point flight plan and I can load or save it. But one stupid question... where's the "Go" button? I can't figure out how to upload the waypoints into the Phantom! There used to be a go button in the bottom left corner but now I just see a "review waypoints" button. It's got to be easy but I'm stumped.

Edit: D'oh! I found it. When you are connected and you go to review the waypoints there's a Go and Cancel.

So one question - how do you STOP video recording? How do you know it's started? I hit the record video button and the voice says "Video recording started" but there's no red blinking on the icon. Press it again and it says "Video recording started" again. Has it stopped with the second press? Did it never start?

kenargo,

I tried activation again this morning using my internet connection without success

I then used an internet connection at the local library and the DJI activation succeeded. The program is now fully functional.

I have no idea why my own internet connection didn’t work for activation. The only thing I can figure is that since I’m on satellite internet, perhaps the latency with the satellite system caused my problem.

Avanti1963 said:
Ken,
I just updated to 1.40 from 1.39 and when I go to the "plan" section, the map just stays at the full world map and does not find my local location. When I switch to the "Fly" section the map does zero into my local location. I did not have this problem with any of the previous updates. Thanks
Same here.

Avanti1963 said:
Ken,

I'll look at it. I made a minor change (isn't that always the case) to get ready for a Moverio release and I must have messed something up. I had also made a fix so that when the device isn't reporting location and you have a waypoint missions loaded that the map zooms to the waypoint mission.

In the meanwhile you should be able to pinch-in and zoom. I'll get this fixed tonight.

Sorry about that.
Ken

^^^ My location reports properly on the "Plan" map with the new version. Nexus 6.

Now the Video recording issue: Just confirmed. The recording does indeed start when you press the Recording button and the voice says "Video Recording has started". But is there some trick to STOP the recording? Pressing the record button again just starts another recording from what I can tell. Neither is there any visual feed-back that the recording has started - like say a blinking red light on the camera icon. Or is mine just not working right? Perhaps this is a limit of the Android SDK?

rbhamilton said:
So one question - how do you STOP video recording? How do you know it's started? I hit the record video button and the voice says "Video recording started" but there's no red blinking on the icon. Press it again and it says "Video recording started" again. Has it stopped with the second press? Did it never start?

Go into Settings and uncheck the option to Start video at beginning of flight and Stop video at end of flight.

That might help.

I'm noticing something fishy in settings. When I make changes to some settings, I notice Ground Station is changing from On to Off. I'm not sure what changes are causing this behavior. I back out of settings and discover I no longer have Ground Station. Go back to Settings and sure enough it's Off

Avanti1963 said:
Ken,

Yes, I broke the auto-zoom to your device's location in a small late-night change. It will be fixed here shortly but you can still use pinch zoom.

rbhamilton said:
Love the improving look of the new App. Thanks for the buttons and icons and stuff. I've made a way point flight plan and I can load or save it. But one stupid question... where's the "Go" button? I can't figure out how to upload the waypoints into the Phantom! There used to be a go button in the bottom left corner but now I just see a "review waypoints" button. It's got to be easy but I'm stumped.

Edit: D'oh! I found it. When you are connected and you go to review the waypoints there's a Go and Cancel.

The video start/stop during waypoint missions is a DJI bug. It works in free-flight but in GS flight you will need to use auto-record.

The app uses the camera state, as reported by the SDK to decide what to do; enable, disable, show recording, etc. During GS flight the SDK is telling the app that the video is off, even when it's on and as such the app thinks video is off so it only ever sends a video start command. In addition to using auto-record you can also stop video, once landed by pressing the small button on the bottom of the camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164