Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

I will purchase the app when you can bank and fly through a way point.

I did a couple more flights this morning and I'm noticing a consistent problem. Whenever the app loses connection and reconnects it will no longer display the battery status, gps, along with the flight telemetry. They all display a? and will not reconnect until I restart the app.

@ GSSP great! You're offer seems promising. However I encourage you to consider buying it right now, and support the development not only of this feature, but many that are surely in progress.

The developer is doing s really good job with this app, with many original, unique and useful features.

AmosMoses said:
I did a couple more flights this morning and I'm noticing a consistent problem. Whenever the app loses connection and reconnects it will no longer display the battery status, gps, along with the flight telemetry. They all display a? and will not reconnect until I restart the app.

Yes, I have seen this as well; apparently the SDK doesn't reconnect well and I'm investigating a way around the issue and at the same time working with DJI in hopes of them fixing it within the SDK. Verify that the device isn't connecting to another Wi-Fi, it will never reconnect to the Phantom if it is already connected to another Wi-Fi.

GSSP said:
I will purchase the app when you can bank and fly through a way point.

Bank flying will not be possible until a fix from DJI. The SDK exposes a value to enable different turn modes but I've confirmed with DJI that the functionality is not working in the current SDK release.

Keep eyes out for announcements, once I have an SDK with the functionality working I'll update the release. The app already includes the functionality but configuring it is hidden until DJI fixes it.

Ken

Bit the bullet and bought your app for samsung S3. looks nice, thank you. Couple questions please...

1) I cannot find any instruction manual to help me learn the details. Please direct me to one.
a) for instance, first try today and I ended up with a locked up phone. It had made wifi connection, had video and bouncing back and forth between 5-7 sats on ground but after a minute or two it just locked up my phone - nothing worked so had to remove battery and reboot
b) after reboot, it may have loaded your program twice? as it had video but no telemetry data. I had to kill it and start over and then got data again.
c) showed a briefcase with a blue circle above the video camera icon - no clue why.... clicking on it made it go away for a sec then it came back. So I tried to turn on motors anyway and it reported all status - nice! Had to do that a few times to read it all as it only stayed on screen too short a period to read all lines.

2) My old app was very responsive in video at 640x 480x15fps; this one likes to freeze for seconds at a time. Is this due to the resolution? fps? other? I was never more than about 150ft distant @ 120ft height line of site. I have flown probably 50 missions with the old app since December, upto about 1000ft distant and 600ft height before having any vision issues.

3) I have lots of trees to near 150ft height; I really want to check RTH height often; I cannot find it in your app settings?

4) I have grown very fond of the pitch and roll indicator in the original app 'radar' circle. Would you consider adding it back in yours?

5) Have you any preferred screen recorder app?

6) I cannot figure a way to turn the app off when done; have to hold down phone button to get to task manager to get list of running programs then kill it. Probably simple to do if I had a manual.

Thanks for improving the original app!

yorlik said:
2) My old app was very responsive in video at 640x 480x15fps; this one likes to freeze for seconds at a time. Is this due to the resolution? fps? other? I was never more than about 150ft distant @ 120ft height line of site. I have flown probably 50 missions with the old app since December, upto about 1000ft distant and 600ft height before having any vision issues.

OK, flew again after buying booster app; it was not required. Found my delays were from my screen recorder. Shut if off and screen was again responsive. Not sure why this did not seem to happen with the original dji app, but ok.

Scratch that one off my list.

I did not put in my list above, but I have had to power drone off and back on 2-3 times each time now to clear "IMU problem" report. Does this mean I really DO need to do an IMU calibration or is it a rogue report since it goes away after a reboot of drone? JUst plugged into assistant and it reports IMU is fine and does not require cali.

Thanks again.

1) Instructions are lagging but the website has some instruction; There are 2 main areas to look at: the main menu (on the main screen) and the camera/live menu (on the flight screen). GS is available using the full-map view. Until I get to writing instruction best to ask.
1a/1b) Yes, there are a number of reports into DJI for lock-ups, I'm working with them to have them fixed. I wish I hade more details but at this time I don't.
1c) Can you send an image of what image you are referring to?

2) Is somewhat related to the SDK. For SDK apps DJI always transmits 640/480x30 even when the app asks for lower. It causes issues as you mention depending on the connection quality.

3) RTH altitude is in the flight menu; slide-in from the left side of the camera screen and you will find settings for camera a other items, including RTH altitude.

4) I will add to the list, yes.

5) I've been using Mobizen with pretty good luck

6) I just back out; Android doesn't really have a kill app even though there are ways to simulate it not all devices honor it so I went the current route for now.

yorlik said:
Bit the bullet and bought your app for samsung S3. looks nice, thank you. Couple questions please...

1) I cannot find any instruction manual to help me learn the details. Please direct me to one.
a) for instance, first try today and I ended up with a locked up phone. It had made wifi connection, had video and bouncing back and forth between 5-7 sats on ground but after a minute or two it just locked up my phone - nothing worked so had to remove battery and reboot
b) after reboot, it may have loaded your program twice? as it had video but no telemetry data. I had to kill it and start over and then got data again.
c) showed a briefcase with a blue circle above the video camera icon - no clue why.... clicking on it made it go away for a sec then it came back. So I tried to turn on motors anyway and it reported all status - nice! Had to do that a few times to read it all as it only stayed on screen too short a period to read all lines.

3) I have lots of trees to near 150ft height; I really want to check RTH height often; I cannot find it in your app settings?

4) I have grown very fond of the pitch and roll indicator in the original app 'radar' circle. Would you consider adding it back in yours?

5) Have you any preferred screen recorder app?

6) I cannot figure a way to turn the app off when done; have to hold down phone button to get to task manager to get list of running programs then kill it. Probably simple to do if I had a manual.

Thanks for improving the original app!

yorlik said:
yorlik said:

OK, flew again after buying booster app; it was not required. Found my delays were from my screen recorder. Shut if off and screen was again responsive. Not sure why this did not seem to happen with the original dji app, but ok.

Scratch that one off my list.

I did not put in my list above, but I have had to power drone off and back on 2-3 times each time now to clear "IMU problem" report. Does this mean I really DO need to do an IMU calibration or is it a rogue report since it goes away after a reboot of drone? JUst plugged into assistant and it reports IMU is fine and does not require cali.

Thanks again.

The MCU errors have been reported to DJI; the app takes what DJI reports and displays it and for some reason the SDK or Phantom is reporting the error. You can set the "Warning Reminder Time" to 0 which will cause warning to never repeat once you close them once. Not the best solution but I'd prefer to not hide something if the Phantom is reporting it (even if it appears the report is erroneous).

Ken,

Did the first test flight with your app today, and all worked as expected! The app looks wel designed with small details like the camera tilt angle in the start/stop video button :D

Did 2 waypoint missions, everyting went fine. I also en turned on the detailed logging. I found the files on my device and copied them to my pc. Are you using some kind of standard formart, or just your own format? It would be nice to export them as a flytrex standard for example, so you can import the logfile in dashware to show the flight data on your video. I think I will try to create a data profile in dashware with your logfile. I 'll let you know when it's ready.

The briefcase with offset blue circle in it, in icon just above the video camera.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m8xkdyzaywjs ... r.jpg?dl=0

Notice too that telemetry info is missing, yet app knows it is in GPS mode? I think to get telemetry back I killed app and re started it too - not 100% sure though.

2)... For SDK apps DJI always transmits 640/480x30 even when the app asks for lower.

Why do you have TWO choices in the new-to-me flight-menu? You let me pick 320x240@15 OR 320x240@30? Yet I can also pick 640@15&@30 from your settings menu? They all do the same nothing and I get 640x480@30 anyway? I assume they are there for when the SDK gets updated to allow choices? At which time you will update & make both setting locations match?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Would you prefer I ask my questions on another site or directly?

Attachments

• Windows Media Player.jpg
    Windows Media Player.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 430
methinx said:
.....Did 2 waypoint missions, everyting went fine. I also en turned on the detailed logging. I found the files on my device and copied them to my pc. Are you using some kind of standard formart, or just your own format? It would be nice to export them as a flytrex standard for example, so you can import the logfile in dashware to show the flight data on your video. I think I will try to create a data profile in dashware with your logfile. I 'll let you know when it's ready.

I have no clue what dashware is and do not have a flyrex but I just google and found:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

This site will directly accept Ken's csv file and plot it on google earth for you. Of course I diced and sliced and removed all extra columns first - until I found this site. No modifications needed, just upload the file as is and it plots.

methinx said:
Ken,

Did the first test flight with your app today, and all worked as expected! The app looks wel designed with small details like the camera tilt angle in the start/stop video button :D

Did 2 waypoint missions, everyting went fine. I also en turned on the detailed logging. I found the files on my device and copied them to my pc. Are you using some kind of standard formart, or just your own format? It would be nice to export them as a flytrex standard for example, so you can import the logfile in dashware to show the flight data on your video. I think I will try to create a data profile in dashware with your logfile. I 'll let you know when it's ready.

The log file format is being tuned. The pre-release has a few changes to make it very close to being able to use the Flytrex profile but the release version will not import. You may want to wait a few days until I test the app in pre-release and move into release just so you don't create a profile that will be broken by near releases.

I suspect that Flytrex compatible logging will be completed within a week.

If I understand you correctly I think the icon you are referring to, just above the video camera is the photo icon for taking stills

I'll look at the video menu; they should be the same and I did see an issue where the menu isn't reporting the real setting. You are however correct, DJI SDK does not change the resolution returned from the Phantom, I've asked and they have reported that when using the SDK the resolution is always highest and only the decoder is decoding differently.

yorlik said:

The briefcase with offset blue circle in it, in icon just above the video camera.

Notice too that telemetry info is missing, yet app knows it is in GPS mode? I think to get telemetry back I killed app and re started it too - not 100% sure though.

2)... For SDK apps DJI always transmits 640/480x30 even when the app asks for lower.

Why do you have TWO choices in the new-to-me flight-menu? You let me pick 320x240@15 OR 320x240@30? Yet I can also pick 640@15&@30 from your settings menu? They all do the same nothing and I get 640x480@30 anyway? I assume they are there for when the SDK gets updated to allow choices? At which time you will update & make both setting locations match?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Would you prefer I ask my questions on another site or directly?

I've seen and continue to investigate the issue when telemetry isn't being reported. I think it's something in the SDK but I'm trying various ways to initialize the SDK in hopes of finding a method that gets around the issue. For now it does appear that the only solution is shutting down the app completely; I suspect the SDK has some internal data that it's keeping around and that might be affecting re-connect scenarios but I'm just guessing.

yorlik said:

"The briefcase with offset blue circle in it, in icon just above the video camera."

Um.... That briefcase is a still camera, as in 35mm...

CapnBob said:
"The briefcase with offset blue circle in it, in icon just above the video camera."

Um.... That briefcase is a still camera, as in 35mm...

Hm. A still camera. Does Apple make that?
:lol:

There appears to be a person who just release a new app and has named their app in a very similar manner to my app, perhaps in order to garner sales through using a similar name.

Please don't confuse the 2. The only Ultimate Flight app is called DJI Ultimate Flight and is available at the following link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ateflight2

What you could do to help would be to rate my app up. Google Store manages placements of apps based on rating and the other app has 1 rating of a 5 which makes it right behind my app.

If you like my app I encourage you to rate it. If you don't like the app, feel free to rate it as well.

Thanks,
Ken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez