Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Vision and Vision+ - Ultimate Flight for And

kenargo said:
New:
GS save and load
Offline GS creation

OK! So these features have been tested and work reasonably well? If so I'M IN!! This is what I've been waiting for since I first heard about GS.

Moose said:
Sorry if this question has been covered already, I did a search but didn't see it.... Anyway here goes;

Is this downloadable using the Moverio BT-200 Glasses? If yes were can I find the inst for install....??

Thanks....

Moose

It will not install on the current version of Moverio. As I understand it they are Android 4.0, the app is a minimum of 4.2. Someone mentioned there may be an update to Moverio to take it to an official Android version (so you can use the Google Play Store) but I'm not tracking that; it was just a comment someone made and I don't know how reliable the information is.

Sorry

Unfortunately the weather here in the Midwest is less than favorable so I haven't been able to fly but I've been playing with the app inside.
Not sure if it's been asked but I'm only able to set a max altitude of 122' for way points in the ground station?
This is a screen shot of the version I'm running.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424457896627.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1424457896627.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 504

kenargo said:
Moose said:
Sorry if this question has been covered already, I did a search but didn't see it.... Anyway here goes;

Is this downloadable using the Moverio BT-200 Glasses? If yes were can I find the inst for install....??

Thanks....

Moose

It will not install on the current version of Moverio. As I understand it they are Android 4.0, the app is a minimum of 4.2. Someone mentioned there may be an update to Moverio to take it to an official Android version (so you can use the Google Play Store) but I'm not tracking that; it was just a comment someone made and I don't know how reliable the information is.

Sorry

Hey thanks thats exactly what I needed to know!

moose

Kenaro,

Once you own the app you can switch to test versions by clicking the link that "you want to be a tester". Once you do that then the store link will change to install a test version.

Can you please explain in more detail where I click the link to activate the tester, which changes the installed version to the test version? Thanks

Avanti1963 said:
Kenaro,

Once you own the app you can switch to test versions by clicking the link that "you want to be a tester". Once you do that then the store link will change to install a test version.

Can you please explain in more detail where I click the link to activate the tester, which changes the installed version to the test version? Thanks

Sure...

If you are a member of the Google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en# ... ate-flight

You will see a link in the welcome text for accessing pre-release. Once you click the link you will be able to opt-in for pre-release and the Store link will instead show the pre-release version.

The group is open to anyone. The current pre-release includes a number of ground station features (offline GS mission creation and edit, save and load missions as well as some different flight modes). The next update will include the initial parts of follow-me.

Weather has been iffy for flying so things are moving a bit slowly but there is a great group of testes acting as my eyes which is helping to keep things moving and you are welcome to join if you wish.

Enjoy and be sure to send feedback. What you link, don't like, issues you are seeing, etc.

Thanks

1.17 (alpha) pre-release just published...

New: Start follow-me. There are 2 ways to begin follow-me. The 1st is from the Onscreen Flight or Joystick mode. After taking off and adjusting the Phantom as you like press the Follow-me button should start follow-me behavior. The take-off code is well tested, transitioning into follow-me has not been tested so keep the S1 switch handy. There is NO forward movement enabled in this release for follow-me, only yaw.

New: Enabled follow-me takeoff operation. This should work correctly, it is the same code for takeoff with onscreen controls. Phantom will power-up, rise to about 10m and hover. One the Phantom reaches hover the follow-me functionality should begin automatically.

New: Phantom will perform yaw movements to follow pilot as they walk around the Phantom's hover point. This has not been tested due to weather. The Phantom should rotate (hopefully in the correct direction and not the long way around) until it points towards the pilot. There is a setting, defaulting to 20 degrees that controls the accuracy of the Phantom camera. (this has not yet been tested with the exception of hover)

New: GS summary screen with total Distance and distance between points

New: Adaptive code added to take into account different device CPU processing speeds

Fix: Crash seen on some devices when starting onscreen joystick mode or GS.

Fix: "home location too far" incorrectly reported

Fix: Crash when pressing GO/Takeoff on some devices (needs verified, my devices don't show this issue)

Fix: GS takeoff (Phantom takes off but I haven't flown a full GS mission yet)

New: GS summary screen with total Distance and distance between points

New: Adaptive code added to take into account different device CPU processing speeds. This might correct lock-ups seen on some devices

New: GO changed to Review, waypoint review screen now implemented

New: Delete single waypoint (in edit view)

I would love to test but I'm still on 1.13

It will not send app update to me. I've been waiting for days now. Anyone the U.S. get the update?

kenargo said:
Fix: Crash when pressing ...

You really have to come up with a better word for the application failing. Maybe "bomb" or "halt" or something?

rbhamilton said:
kenargo said:
Fix: Crash when pressing ...

You really have to come up with a better word for the application failing. Maybe "bomb" or "halt" or something?

Yea, too much developer in me. I'll try to start using "failed"

Fix:

Save edited waypoint didn't save correctly

Cancel of "reset settings" was ignored

Lowest waypoint altitude in editor was 20, in settings, 10. Both are now 10 (note: Phantom might enforce lower limit of 20, 10 may not work).

New:

GS Flight limits, match Vision limits: Max Distance = 500m, Max Altitude = 200m and total flight = 5000m. All settings configurable. Values can be increased, decreased or disabled.

Advanced setting, Camera not connected for Zenmuse gimbal + Gopro in Vision/Vision+

Change:

Takeoff blocked unless Phantom is on the ground with motors off (temporary change)

Renamed log field names “phantomLocationLatitude” to “latitude" and "phantomLocationLongitude" to “longitude” to be compatible with http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input?form=google

Kenargo,
GS Flight limits, match Vision limits: Max Distance = 500m, Max Altitude = 200m and total flight = 5000m. All settings configurable.
Does the new 1.21 update mean the GS no longer unlimited and the maximum flight distance is 500m? I sure hope you keep the unlimited option. Thanks

@Kenargo,

Is it possible to add a "Ground Station Bank and Turn" option into the app?

This would allow the Phantom to fly through the waypoints instead of stopping at the waypoints, when using Ground Station.

djsydvicious said:
@Kenargo,

This would allow the Phantom to fly through the waypoints instead of stopping at the waypoints, when using Ground Station.

Yes, but I'm likely to finish up the core GS functionality and get that out and they add features. I think the ability to plan missions offline, save them and load them on location is a long awaited feature and people using this in the pre-release like it so I'm hoping to finish the core features and release the app out of pre-release assuming sufficient testing) within the week. GS flight, load/save, etc is all working well, it's the smaller pieces that are being finished up.

Avanti1963 said:
Kenargo,
GS Flight limits, match Vision limits: Max Distance = 500m, Max Altitude = 200m and total flight = 5000m. All settings configurable.
Does the new 1.21 update mean the GS no longer unlimited and the maximum flight distance is 500m? I sure hope you keep the unlimited option. Thanks

Hmm, I thought I replied but it got lost.

The app, out of box has the limits same as the Vision app, as noted. The settings however are fully configurable and can be increased, decreased or turned off completely. The interface makes changes as appropriate. For example, if you change the distance limit the red flight circle changes, if you turn off limits the red flight circle is not shown. The edit waypoint will (not in current version) change the altitude from a slider (which works well when low ranges) to a text field so that you can more accurately set altitude.

In short, I am giving the user the ability to set/control or even remove the limits as they require.

Does this fit with your expectations?

kenargo said:
djsydvicious said:
@Kenargo,

Yes, but I'm likely to finish up the core GS functionality and get that out and they add features. I think the ability to plan missions offline, save them and load them on location is a long awaited feature and people using this in the pre-release like it so I'm hoping to finish the core features and release the app out of pre-release assuming sufficient testing) within the week. GS flight, load/save, etc is all working well, it's the smaller pieces that are being finished up.
Sounds like a plan to me! Thanks.

kenargo,

Please excuse my ignorance if this is answered elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it.

When flying a Ground Station mission through Ult. Flight can you put the craft in Course Lock mode enabling you to use the yaw function for camera panning on the fly?

Gary

I don't seem to have access to settings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. I don't have the 3 small dots in the upper right hand corner of the main screen. Is there something I should try to correct this. I'm showing that I have version 1.23.

phalcon51 said:
kenargo,

Please excuse my ignorance if this is answered elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it.

When flying a Ground Station mission through Ult. Flight can you put the craft in Course Lock mode enabling you to use the yaw function for camera panning on the fly?

Gary

I think you are referring to the ability to tell the Phantom the direction to point the camera while flying between waypoints? If so, that has been removed because the DJI SDK, when the value was set resulted in the Phantom flying forward, even though the waypoint was the other direction. In short, the setting controlled the direction of flight, the Phantom flew that direction and would stop flying the GS mission when it realized it wasn't heading towards the waypoint. I've raised a bug with DJI but until the issue is resolved the setting was removed. Hopefully they will fix it and the setting will be reactivated in a future release.

If this was not what you where referring to please let me know.

meloyelo said:
I don't seem to have access to settings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. I don't have the 3 small dots in the upper right hand corner of the main screen. Is there something I should try to correct this. I'm showing that I have version 1.23.

You should see 3 vertical dots, one on-top of the other, in the upper right of the screen.

You do not have these showing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94