Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Vision and Vision+ - Ultimate Flight for And

kenargo said:
djsydvicious said:
I'll admit, I did feel bad after paying $10 for the app to try to out (which is why I mentioned the need for a trial version). However, I'm hoping that my $10 will go towards the future development of what will eventually become the a **** good app to be used for our Phantoms.

Had I used a trial version of the app in it's current state, I probably would not have purchased the product. I'm hoping that the developer will continue development and make us glad we made the purchase that we did.

I assure you I am committed to making this app work well and without issues.
Thanks Bro. You are the only one legitimately developing Vision App for Android that I'm aware of using the SDK (The Unofficial App doesn't count).

Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist testing wise. I haven't been able to fly lately as a result of bad weather here in the D.C. Area (No, that was not me that flew onto the White House grounds).

I

GS and Onscreen Flight control alpha; see Google Group for details. Lots of work remaining and varying amounts of testing but enough people have asked for early bits that I felt it was OK to release.

This app has disappeared off of my devices I had it installed on. Say my time has expired. Only the widget remains. The paid version is all that appears in the play store.

So do we now have to pay for the app to get to the tester app?

flyNfrank said:
This app has disappeared off of my devices I had it installed on. Say my time has expired. Only the widget remains. The paid version is all that appears in the play store.

What you have been testing in beta form for the past few weeks has moved to release and is the paid app. Google treats beta and alpha releases as paid apps but at this time there is no beta, only the release version. There is an alpha with preliminary GS implementation (waypoint and onscreen flight controls) and follow-me to come shortly thereafter but that is a couple weeks from beta quality.

Does this answer your question?

Ken

kenargo said:
flyNfrank said:

What you have been testing in beta form for the past few weeks has moved to release and is the paid app. Google treats beta and alpha releases as paid apps but at this time there is no beta, only the release version. There is an alpha with preliminary GS implementation (waypoint and onscreen flight controls) and follow-me to come shortly thereafter but that is a couple weeks from beta quality.

Ken
So, how do we get the Alpha. I think I only have the paid release version.

djsydvicious said:
kenargo said:
flyNfrank said:

Ken
So, how do we get the Alpha. I think I only have the paid release version.

The way Google implements beta and alpha releases is through Google Groups. I've setup a Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en# ... ate-flight) That, once joined will give you access to all pre-releases. Google requires that you own the app, which it sounds like you do so you should be able to just join and have the pre-releases available. Be sure to read the thread about any pre-release, especially an Alpha as they tend to be early and with restriction as to what works and not.

Ken,

dumb question.

I am a test forum member
It says I am a tester when I click link for beta
I do own the app
when I start the app at bottom it displays 1.12
I have not seen any updates , how can I get the beta or
how do you know if you have the beta?

kenargo said:
flyNfrank said:

Ken

Ok so then once I have the paid version it will recognize my email login and send the tester version as if it were an update? I say that due to receiving a message stating I was a tester and to go to the play store to get the app if I didn't already have it. There was also a link to select if I no longer wanted to be a tester.

Been using the Ultimate Flight App up on Dartmoor today completely away from any mobile signal availability. A brilliant app. Behaved superbly on three or four flights all systems working well, I'd cached the area of Dartmoor on Google Earth I was in prior to the trip and the UF app picked that straight up and the gps signal enabled it to home in on the right area perfectly.

If I'd been relying on the DJI vision app I'd have been in real trouble today as for some reason every time vision started up it was fine with all data as per spec but after 7 secs just jumped to fpv only, no data signals. The only way I could get back to see the system information was to go up a level and reload, so I was not best pleased with the app, that has never happened before. I'm hoping someone will tell me that there is a way of getting the correct display to remain in place and that it was all finger trouble on my part.

I was very pleased to have the UFApp on my smartphone, I know it is still under development but for me, using a Samsung galaxy S5 and android 5.0 it really knocked the spots off the DJI vision app. I didn't test its fpv max range as I was using it to video some local points of interest on the moor so didn't need to fly it more than 150 metres from home point but as far as I'm concerned, it is well worth my small investment in buying it.

Thanks Ken, it is coming along just fine. Keep up the good work.

flyNfrank said:
kenargo said:
flyNfrank said:

Ken

Ok so then once I have the paid version it will recognize my email login and send the tester version as if it were an update? I say that due to receiving a message stating I was a tester and to go to the play store to get the app if I didn't already have it. There was also a link to select if I no longer wanted to be a tester.

As I understand it, since Google won't let me get my own app from the store so I can't be 100% certain....

Once you own the app you can switch to test versions by clicking the link that "you want to be a tester". Once you do that then the store link will change to install a test version. The Google docs say: testers will get alpha, if available or beta, if available, or release of neither alpha or beta is active. If you click the "I no longer want to be a tester" then any test version will be upgraded to the latest release version.

I can't say how long it takes things to propogate through Google Play; but it appears to take between 12-24 hours epending on location.

kenargo said:
flyNfrank said:
kenargo said:

Ken

As I understand it, since Google won't let me get my own app from the store so I can't be 100% certain....

Once you own the app you can switch to test versions by clicking the link that "you want to be a tester". Once you do that then the store link will change to install a test version. The Google docs say: testers will get alpha, if available or beta, if available, or release of neither alpha or beta is active. If you click the "I no longer want to be a tester" then any test version will be upgraded to the latest release version.

I can't say how long it takes things to propogate through Google Play; but it appears to take between 12-24 hours epending on location.

There we go.... Ok I will install paid version soon as my government check arrives. See you on the wild side soon. Can't wait to try out the Triple Boost Button. That reminds me, did you get the conversion of the gimbal wheel switch over to the new Remote Drop switch, and change the 7th channel from gimbal control to remote switch yet?

I paid for the app and the store Play Store has me at ver1.13 of the Ultimate App. I am a member of the Group and the Tester area.

How do I gain access to the Alpha?

One thing I am noticing when first opening the app, the WiFi Bar does not show the AP that I am connected to. However, after I go into one of the 3 options (Camera, Map Cache, or Calibration) and then return to Main Menu, the bar shows the WiFi Access Point I am connected to.

djsydvicious said:
I paid for the app and the store Play Store has me at ver1.13 of the Ultimate App. I am a member of the Group and the Tester area.

How do I gain access to the Alpha?

My understanding is that you should not need to do anything; it should just be presented but Google Play store doesn't appear to be behaving correctly. I'm investigating.

djsydvicious said:
One thing I am noticing when first opening the app, the WiFi Bar does not show the AP that I am connected to. However, after I go into one of the 3 options (Camera, Map Cache, or Calibration) and then return to Main Menu, the bar shows the WiFi Access Point I am connected to.

Interesting, I've never seen this happening but I will investigate.

How is the app working for you otherwise?

1.15 Alpha posted:

Fix:
location shown when disabled
Change:
Pre-flight Checklist disable
Map no longer rotates to orient pilot
Map orients only during flight
Compass touch toggles Lat/Lng display
LatLng to 5 decimal places (1.1132 m).
Folder structure
New:
GS save and load
Offline GS creation
touch Wi-Fi indicator opens setting
Circle indicating GPS error
Edit waypoint by touching map marker
Flight Modes: Onscreen joystick, GS. Follow-me
Pilot locate button

djsydvicious said:

Here are screenshots of when I first open the app an the after I have selected one of the 3 menu options and come back.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424352329433.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1424352329433.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 410
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424352402918.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1424352402918.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 431

kenargo said:
How is the app working for you otherwise?

Unfortunately, I can't test at the moment. I was at 1.13 and I wanted to get 1.14 So, I uninstalled the app in the Play Store and then Installed the app again and it took me back to 1.12

So, now, I have to wait for it to send me an update.

UPDATE:
I rebooted the phone to force am update and now I'm back to 1.13

I will test more today and report back although it's in the teens here today. So, we shall see how long my hands last.

Sorry if this question has been covered already, I did a search but didn't see it.... Anyway here goes;

Is this downloadable using the Moverio BT-200 Glasses? If yes were can I find the inst for install....??

Thanks....

Moose

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel