Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Phantom Vision and Vision+

kenargo said:
Maybe I don't understand your concern. Feel free to clarify if you think I am not addressing your question but I've spent a fair bit of time mapping out the what-ifs and don't see an issue.

Let me pitch in, let's say there is a user whose altitude on the ground is already 20 m and he enables your feature, and it zeros out his altitude. Now let's say that during a flight that user triggers the RTH function from remote(S1 down, or remote off). He might be wondering why the hell didn't his phantom first climb to 20 meters, but instead immediately started flying back. Now if he had the original altitude visible on screen, there would be no room for confusion.

But that's just it. It's not a big deal if you are aware. That's why it is good that you configured it as an optional thing and not on as default.

My thoughts exactly. If the user enables it they should be aware of that fact, same as setting rth altitude, you can't do anything in a vacuum in this hobby.

Thanks everyone for commenting on the Zero offset. I understood what it does, but was just worried someone who did not RTM would do just what Ivan said after enabling it.

Phone used:
Android version: 19
Device: motorola DROID RAZR HD

I did some flying yesterday afternoon with the app installed. It did crash a time or two (the app that is) other than that it seemed to work ok.

The home lock distance warning is partially hidden behind the camera buttons as are other messages like live preview not available.

Was not able to dismiss the preflight info (ready to fly summary) popup.

Some of the settings don't seem to take when the setting is changed. Seems kind of random though, but I will need to do some more testing.

Like I said earlier it looks like it is progressing well. Thanks for all the hard work!

Yes, the app does have random crashes; a DJI bug that they report to be fixing :(

Interesting that you cannot dismiss the "pre-flight" dialog? Is the OK button hidden or it just doesn't dismiss when touched? It should just close; there isn't any code there to do anything.

Any other suggestions; I'm keeping a list?

Thanks

kenargo,

First, thanks for developing this app. Great work!

I just received my first quad, a P2V+ v3. When using the app and it first connects to the Phantom it prompts me to download a voice file for using the verbal commands. The problem is that when I'm connected via WiFi to the Phantom I can't download anything. If I back out of the app and connect to my online WiFi I no longer get the voice file download prompt when accessing the app. Where can I find the voice file and how do I incorporate it into the app?

Thanks for any help.

phalcon51 said:
kenargo,

First, thanks for developing this app. Great work!

I just received my first quad, a P2V+ v3. When using the app and it first connects to the Phantom it prompts me to download a voice file for using the verbal commands. The problem is that when I'm connected via WiFi to the Phantom I can't download anything. If I back out of the app and connect to my online WiFi I no longer get the voice file download prompt when accessing the app. Where can I find the voice file and how do I incorporate it into the app?

Thanks for any help.

The voice file is a Google file; you can go into settings, accessibility and you should find something called Text-to-speech or similar. There might be some default settings for speech engine, language, etc and a link to "install voice data" (odd name but that's what it's called on my phone). This should get you close. If you don't want speech you can turn it off in the app settings and you won't get prompted.

Let me know what you think if it, especially any random crashes; I've been moving things around in order to try and hide crashes occurring inside the DJI SDK files while DJI investages nd fixes them and at least on my 3 devices I haven't seen crashes in 1/26 release.

Hope you enjoy it.

Also note (as found out with DJI app) that even if it doesn't show in your apps it can still be installed, you need to go into settings somewhere in there is a kind of add/remove apps section, make sure you uninstall it in there

crash1sttime said:
Also note (as found out with DJI app) that even if it doesn't show in your apps it can still be installed, you need to go into settings somewhere in there is a kind of add/remove apps section, make sure you uninstall it in there

I'm not sure I understand the comment? What are you saying needs to be uninstalled?

I wonder if you may be confusing this app with something else.

New version available at the download site:

http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/Ulti ... nload.html

Nothing really new with regard to features but I have ported the just released DJI SDK for Android and it appears to have fixed all remaining random crashes but more importantly it is said to have fixed support for Android 5. I cannot confirm that Android 5 works with the app as I don't have a physical device running Android 5 so I'm hoping one of the pilots using the app who may also have an Android 5 device can give it a fly and report back.

Thanks and enjoy.

Hey kenargo,

I have a question about the app. I noticed that when I go from the camera view/map view split screen to the camera only view the camera image, rather than expanding to fill the available space both horizontally and vertically, simply stretches the image horizontally only, giving a disproportionate view of what the camera is seeing. Will this be corrected in the final release?

Gary

kenargo said:
New version available at the download site:

http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/Ulti ... nload.html

Nothing really new with regard to features but I have ported the just released DJI SDK for Android and it appears to have fixed all remaining random crashes but more importantly it is said to have fixed support for Android 5. I cannot confirm that Android 5 works with the app as I don't have a physical device running Android 5 so I'm hoping one of the pilots using the app who may also have an Android 5 device can give it a fly and report back.

Thanks and enjoy.

Hi ken,

Just downloaded this version to my Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 5.0.2 and it works fine!

Not flown yet but fully functional in all respects, weather not permitting flying yet!

thank you , keep up the good work

Newbie here, waiting for his toy from Shenzen. Downloaded and installed your app on a Samsung Galaxy 2 Tab. Impressed with its capabilities over that of the DJI vision. Thank you for an excellent start!.

Having said that I was wondering whether you could, in addition, put a .bar wrapper around your .apk such that your app could be side loaded into a BB Playbook. The process is rather easy, however,only available to the original developer.

With its high resolution screen, HDMI capabilities, ruggedness and low cost right now, the Playbook would make a great monitor!

Thanks in anticipation
Stan

Can you have the official App loaded as well on the tablet?

jaykay2PT said:
Hi ken,

Just downloaded this version to my Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 5.0.2 and it works fine!

Not flown yet but fully functional in all respects, weather not permitting flying yet!

thank you , keep up the good work
Hi Jaykay,
It sounds good, thanks for the information.
Is your Phantom in the last v3.10 or still in the 3.08 ?

My current configuration is DJI 3.0.56/Nexus 10/Android 5.02/Phantom v3.08 and my main concern is that the DJI app crashes when I start the props.
May be the last v3.10 fixes it but I keep waiting a bit before upgrading as I can still fly using my wife's smartphone.
This new app, beyond the attractive features it brings, might clear the situation and let me use the Nexus again, no matter the firmware 3.08 or 3.10.

One more thing : the "radar" never worked properly on the DJI app. When reading Kenargo litterature, I understand that it is handled differently in his app and so, could also work on the Nexus. This is also important to me as my Phantom often leaves my LOS. Getting the compass and bearing operational is then very helpful to make the Phantom flying back to home.

Will this work on the Epson Moverio BT-200?

Hi Kenargo,

I've just downloaded your great app but no way for me to try it out today because of the strong wind.

Just one question (I didn't see answer on that point in the thread) : how do you put a map in cache ?
As I use a tablet, I won't remain connected to the Internet when flying.
I entered the Map app of the DJI Ultimate Flight (Google map icon) and zoomed on the place I'd like to catch ... and then, what do I have to do ?
Thanks a lot.

Mike_UK said:
Will this work on the Epson Moverio BT-200?

Sadly no, I wish it would, I asked the guy at Epson if they would update the Android version so that this app would work, he replied with, "we are working with a third party on our own DJI app", wish they would hurry up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers