UK

Newbie here from Fife, Scotland flying a P3S. Maiden flight completed successfully.

Happy to hear from anybody local.

Hi everybody complete newby here, I live in Sunderland and would love to meet with any local drone fliers just for a meet/chat to get some info ideas on some of the different drones out there. I have purchased over the last few weeks just for practice a hubsan X4 and a syma X5C-1. They are cheap and good fun to fly but need to eventually upgrade to some thing like a P 4 or Mavic. So help and advice would be appreciated

Hello from Sevenoaks, I got a few birds in my collection:
- P2V+
- P2 with Zenmuse H3-3D
- Cinestar 8
- Custom X8
But I still love flying the Phantoms every weekend. Anybody around want to meet for a cuppa and flying as well?

Anyone in The New Forest area? Would be interested in flying together with someone :lol:
How do you find flying in the New Forest considering there is a blanket ban on R/C activity (including boats) throughout the Forest? Came as a shock and great disappointment to me.

It's best we say hi all together my fellow Londoners and Essex gang. I'm in Romford, Essex which sits at the greater London boarders. I'm a newb, literally first test flight today on my phantom 4. Still alive to tell the tale... Be good to hear from the local on things like modifications etc and share info. Call me Ash.

Hi guys..

I'm in Maidstone, Kent. About mid way between London and the Channel Tunnel.

Would be interested in a meet up, can travel. :)

Regards,
Colin.

Hi All,

I am from Wimbledon and fly at Croydon airfield. I have also found out that Mordon Park has a flying area so I will check that out to if the weather ever decides to play ball :(

Jonathan

Re: UK Phantom Pilots

I'm a new Phantom owner with just two flights logged so far and I thought I would join the forum and introduce myself! I live in a town on the Essex/Suffolk border called Sudbury, which is situated midway between Colchester and Bury St Edmunds. Previous R/C flying experience is with small heli's such as MSR/9 Eagles Pro Solo and latterly I have progressed onto big wingspan gliders and Parkzone warbirds. Have also flown the Syma quad plus Hubsan X4. However, these first two flights with the Phantom were experiences in a totally different league simply because of the brilliant way this thing flys. I don't yet have the skill to do a great deal other than hover in GPS mode at a fairly low height, but practice will hopefully bring me upto speed with some of you experienced pilots out there! Or maybe not! :lol:
Anyway greetings to you all and if ever you intend flying anywhere in Suffolk please let me know!

All the best,

Alan W

Hi all,

I'm in Central London. Have a Phantom, would be interested in a meet up, can travel.

Wow a phantom owner in London... I thought I was the only one :lol:
I am in South London and fly occasional at the old Croydon airfield.
Trouble is I can't always tell in advance when I can get there.

There is also a flying area in Mordon park.

Jonathan

I'm in chatham,kent.

Anyone local fancy meeting up for a flying sesh?

Hi Main 0666,

Good to hear that someone else in south Suffolk is a Phantom flyer! So far I've flown over a couple of local fields belonging to a farmer friend, plus I've taken a few photos/videos of the Water Meadows in Sudbury, taking off from the Melford Road entrance. Long Melford Green, which is near the Parish church, is another good place. I've flown the Phantom only twice in the last two months due to windy conditions during my days off but I hope to catch up with you one of these Spring days! How are you getting on with your Phantom?
Give me a ring anytime you're in town - 07961 925 675

Hi all
I'm a new phantom 1 pilot from Leigh on Sea, Essex. Got the quad for Xmas and have been learning to fly all up the west coast of USA as we're having a very long vacation. Have had some great experiences and some not so great, including couple of crashes but it's been a great experience never having owned anything like it before. Am coming back in April so maybe meet up with local flyers then.
Regards Simon

Hope you enjoy your trip to London next week and have good visibility for flying too. As for the rules and regulations re quad flying :shock: check out the British Model Flying Association website ( http://www.bmfa.org ) and click the heading 'News' which should bring up the story about the first quad pilot prosecuted under UK Law for flying over restricted airspace - a nuclear submarine refitting base :lol: NOT a good idea to fly over a military zone and an even worse idea to crash the **** thing into the water alongside the submarine with the camera still rolling. Mr Putin would not have been amused let along the British Gov't. So £4K later the poor quadcopter pilot is feeling a bit broke and somewhat remorseful :?
Anyway enough of this guff - the main point of my reply to you is that this BMFA article on website also contains the 'need to know ' regulations re flying within the law, such as maintaining a minimum distance of 150 metres between the UAV and buildings and people.
Hope this helps!!

Hi there, I am in North London and would be happy to meet up with other Phantom flyers. I plan to travel to Cornwall some time in June as soon as the weather is sunny enough to get great sceneries. Would be great to film the phantoms in flight as well!

Does somebody know a "real" shop in London selling and taking care of phantoms(and drones in general)? Seems to be impossible to find any. Quite strange!
Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hey all,

My name is Lee and I live in London. East London to be precise. I've been into quad-copters for a few months now. Over these months I have acquired a small fleet. My fleet consists of the following.

Hubsan X4
Hubsan X4 FPV
Hubsan Q4
Syma X5C
Eaching CG022
Phantom 2 Vision Plus

I almost always fly alone. Very rarely my friends will join me which is fun. However when I let them fly, it usually results in a broken or stuck quad. Because of this, I'd like someone who is into RC flying to join me in the fields. So feel free to drop me a PM. I may not post much, but I will be lurking!

Hello all U.K members....new guy on the block checking in.

My lovely wife got me the Christmas present I had secretly hoped for....although I had dropped a few hints throughout the year :lol:

I'm in Feltham, West London....so if any of you guy's are close by, drop me a line.

I am looking for someone in North London to help shooting my S900. The idea is to film it flying from above, (not too high), following it a bit and having a circular shoot of the set when it takes off. You can use my P2 or yours or anything else if you have a GP3 Black minimum. A V+ could do too.
PM me please. Thanks.
S

I'm in Maidstone, Kent. Willing to meet up or share flying sites around the Kent, South East area.

Hi Guys! I'm From Norfolk, Where life is "Boodifull" !!, Norwich to be precise, we have a 315 foot Cathedral, a genuine Norman Castle ,which is outstanding !!.
Loads of Broads (open water areas), Windmills, what more can I say!.
Lovely area to be in for Flying, quite airspace (Civil & Military), lots of open areas and parks.
Would love to here from my Fellow "Bumkins" (so to speak)
And ,by the way We Don't all drive TRACTORS !!!
(we call them ere' "Trackers")

I am the same "simonwicks",
I bought my Vision Plus back in Feb, and have not even screwed the props on yet!!.
BUT ,I have been doing a lot of work in building/making New Antennas, and experimenting with a Syma X5C , which I use for testing my 2.4 ghz antennas.
I am getting prepared for doing all the mods on my Vision, all in one go,ready for Summer Flying.
I am an Electronic/Electrical Engineer with over 40 years experience.
I have managed to Mod the Syma X5C to give a good range, with an assortment
of different antenna.
I have learned a hell of a lot about 2.4 & 5.8 ghz antennas, and have to say that when I see some of other peeps results on good ole U tub, and (without climbing on my mountain) I look at my results.
I should start a factory !!, I can make them better than any machine that I have seen. (stands up and blows his trumpet, LOUD).
seriously guys (n gals), great to see an open discussion on our love of flying !!

Don't try to run ,before you walk!.
I had never flown a quad before, (my son knows I am a "techy" lover, and always have been)
He and my daughter bought me a Syma X5C Explorer for Christmas, and I started to fly it at every opportunity (indoors and out) never flown one before in my life!!
It is a brilliant little quad which is stable and quite hardy with the prop guards on.
They do not cost a great deal, but, are brill for the beginner like me!.
After many hours (on a calm day) of flying in my local park, I feel that I am ready to make the Leap to the "Vision plus" now.
It gives you a great insight to "the big boys ones".
PLEASE, go buy a cheapy first, and don't rush into leaping to a Vision.
You will only bury it into the nearest tree or the ground, and say to yourself "Wish I had took that blokes advice"
be sensible, it will be worth the time to learn properly.
better still, do what I did, go to a Local Modelling Club, they will be only to pleased to lead you down the right road.
Good Luck and Happy Flying!!

Hi guys,

Been a member on here for about a month, I fly PV2 which I've had since December, yes Christmas present from my lovely wife:) love her to bits:D:D

I from Essex, just outside Chelmsford, don't know if there's anyone else from my neck of the woods here;)

Good evening. I'm also in the Maidstone area and would enjoy time with other phantom pilots. I've only had mine a week so I'm concentrating on controlling the quad. My planned use is aerial photography, but I went for the professional in case I need to do any high quality video. P

Any meets in Essex? I have a P3P

Nice team in your aviator, I like;)

Hi All,
I am from Norwich and have a Phantom Vision 2 + and a Phantom 3 advanced.
Would love to meet up with anyone from the Norwich area, for a fly around our lovely Broads area, I live near the University of East Anglia.
Its only a 10 min drive to hit the open countryside.

Hi Everyone,
I'm a newbie to all of this. A P4 owner in Rayleigh Essex UK.
If you fancy meeting up and getting some flying in just give me a shout.

His Guys,
I am from Norwich in Norfolk.
Have a Vision +, P3a, and now a P4, would love some company to fly with!
We don't all drive tractors here! LOL

Glad I live in Norwich, Norfolk !, one airport, a few (small) no fly zones around the area, but loads of great open areas where you can fly, I went around our coast the other day on a great flying day, weather was awesome.
Flew around Hanworth Hall Gardens, went on to Weybourne (North Norfolk Steam Railway Station) (a great windmill on the edge of the village to orbit! ) , along to Sheringham (Great Steam Railway Shots) Climbed up the Hill at Beeston Regis (what a view !) on to Cromer (lovely Pier and Cliffs, to fly around) around to Happisburgh (pronounced Haisborough) (Great Lighthouse to orbit) and back through the Norfolk Broads (via Wroxham, loads of sailing ships and cruisers)
what a day !
I could happily spend a week going from Kings Lynn around to Great Yarmouth on the Coast road, and see such a diverse amount of great sights.
Come up and see me sometime !! (Mea West)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys I am new in here too, I live in Chesterfield in Derbyshire but deffo up for a meet in the new year

I'm waving here from the northwest! Manchester to be more precise.

I've been looking around for some uk flyers but not having much luck! Only know one other guy. So everyone shout up! Must be more of us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I am getting a phantom 3 advanced at Christmas so will be looking to fly with someone next year

Dave

Hi.

About to take possession of a phantom 3 standard.
This is my first drone and going to be talking or easy for the first few weeks/months.
Am in Stretford, Manchester and a little to close to MUFC to randomly fly anything around without a visit from certain people i imagine.
Will be picking up hints and tips for noobies from here and hope to find nice places to fly in and around Manchester.

It's best we say hi all together my fellow Londoners and Essex gang. I'm in Romford, Essex which sits at the greater London boarders. I'm a newb, literally first test flight today on my phantom 4. Still alive to tell the tale... Be good to hear from the local on things like modifications etc and share info. Call me Ash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi All, new flyer here from Folkestone,Kent. Got a p3a.. Dans the name :)

Folkestone, England. Phantom 3 Advanced.

Reactions: hotashes
Hi Dan, just up the road from me. Good to have you on board.

U.K. London Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31