UK vison owner locations

Greyfox51 said:
So far, I'm further north than any of you, near Bonar Bridge, 40 minutes north of Inverness, Scottish Highlands. Loads of open country here, rivers and beautiful scenery to enjoy. I have a Phantom 2 Vision and have been flying it for a couple of months and loving it. A great hobby. Cheers.
Not sure he's registered here and I think its a p2z he's got but RoryG is in Shetland.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Thanks for that, IrishSights, there is some consolation in knowing that there is at least one poor bugger with even fewer winter daylight flying hours than me!

Come December, the days are pretty short this far north.

Greyfox51 said:
Thanks for that, IrishSights, there is some consolation in knowing that there is at least one poor bugger with even fewer winter daylight flying hours than me!

Come December, the days are pretty short this far north.

But you have the compensation of being able to fly in daylight at 11pm in the summer :).

Embraer said:
I'm in Leyland, have a Plus on backorder with Quadcopters.co.uk, expected delivery Tues :)

I'm in Warrington with a P2. More than happy to meet up with you and have a flying session if you'd like to? No problem to travel to the Leyland area.

HarryT said:
But you have the compensation of being able to fly in daylight at 11pm in the summer :).

Ssh, don't be telling them that, they'll ALL be coming up here!

But you are spot on; the early morning and evening light can provide some wonderful photographic opportunities.

Greyfox51 said:
HarryT said:

But you are spot on; the early morning and evening light can provide some wonderful photographic opportunities.

Oh, I know. I used to work in the nuclear power industry, and I worked for a year at Dounreay, right on the very north coast of Scotland. Wonderful area in the summer. Not so great in the winter :).

HarryT said:
Oh, I know. I used to work in the nuclear power industry, and I worked for a year at Dounreay, right on the very north coast of Scotland. Wonderful area in the summer. Not so great in the winter :).

Yup, pretty tough country at the best of times, but even harder in winter. Spectacular scenery though. About a month ago, I gave some friends a quick demonstration of the Phantom and its capabilities. They live right next to the Dornoch Firth, just west of Tain. When I showed them the recorded video, even I was stunned by the beauty of the Firth with the mountains in the distance. It is a scene I see most day, but hadn't fully appreciated prior to an aerial view.

Over the years, I have seen a lot of Southerners come and go, lured by the golf courses and the fishing and deer stalking, not to mention the overall quality of life, but the really short winter days get them all in the end, well, most of them.

We have a nice little holiday cottage available here on the estate. If you, or anyone else is looking to visit the Highlands of Scotland, you could do a lot worse. Inverness Airport is less than an hour away and the Dornoch Firth is a very scenic area and very Phantom tolerant.

And unlike Caithness, we do at least have some trees... :D

HarryT said:
Embraer said:
I'm in Leyland, have a Plus on backorder with Quadcopters.co.uk, expected delivery Tues :)

I'm in Warrington with a P2. More than happy to meet up with you and have a flying session if you'd like to? No problem to travel to the Leyland area.

Thanks for the offer, hopefully we can get a NW squadron event going :)

RichW said:
Hi everyone. Had my P2V around 3 months now and loving flying round the Lake District in Cumbria.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Where are you in the Lake District?

Ayrshire on the west coast of Scotland, and looking for some help setting up and flying, if anyone is nearby.

HarryT said:
Greyfox51 said:
HarryT said:

Reading what's been put above made me jealous! I'm down in Derbyshire but my Uncle lived in Thurso, having worked at Dounreay from the late 1950's until retirement and just stayed there until he died a few years ago. I still love Caithness & Orkney. I had a chance to fly at Mid Clyth, Achavanich & Camster cairns in the Summer.
Hopefully I'll get back over to Orkney again in a couple of years time :)

Hi Everyone,

I have had my Vision + for about three weeks now.

Location is just north of Heathrow Airport. !! **** planes..I cant fly any higher than 200 feet within the London boundary. Also, I'm unable to use Ground Station yet, as it doesn't allow me to fly that within the boundary either.
Once the weather improves I shall be venturing further afield.

Cheers

drayton_k said:
Hi Everyone,

I have had my Vision + for about three weeks now.

Location is just north of Heathrow Airport. !! **** planes..I cant fly any higher than 200 feet within the London boundary. Also, I'm unable to use Ground Station yet, as it doesn't allow me to fly that within the boundary either.
Once the weather improves I shall be venturing further afield.

Cheers

I encountered the airport height restrictions for the first time in a park the other day because it was too close to City Airport.

I'm based in Mitcham near Tooting Broadway, south London.

Portslade, East Sussex, outskirts of Brighton, and just outside the No Fly Zone of Shoreham Airport.

There seems to be quite a number of Phantom pilots in the Reading/Newbury/South Oxon area. Well here's another one!

I got my P2 V+ V2 a couple of months ago so I'm still learning, before heading off on safari to Namibia later this year.

Way up in the Hills of the Scottish Borders. 11 miles South of Peebles. Phantom 3 Pro, delivered hopefully next week.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj