Ugh, This drone!

Reaction score
I had the drone two weeks and I had a crash. Decimated the camera and the board burned out. So I purchased a new cam and gimbal. ( cam with the white fan) not the upgraded black fan. but it wont work. When I unplug the cam the drone lights up, When I plug it back in the they die and no image. I hope something else didnt burn on the drones internal board.

Has anyone ever heard of such a problem?

Have you relinked the RC to the drone? Also do a camera calibration too

I have not re linked. I do not know how. Is there a video I can look up? It is the phantom 4k

The first camera the guy sent me was for the pro it had the updated fan and it didn't work. I sent it back and I told him I had the Phantom 4K so he sent me the proper cam with the gold band ring around it. And the white fan. I did the re link earlier. It will not work during the countdown when it tells me to hit the reset button it is already solid red I hit it again it flashes red I hit it again it goes green for one second and goes back to a solid red it will not relink.

Hm, if drone boot up properly without camera then it is probably problem with camera or connection. Try power the drone without camera connected and try to arm the motors (with no props) to see if it will work that way.

Hm, if drone boot up properly without camera then it is probably problem with camera or connection. Try power the drone without camera connected and try to arm the motors (with no props) to see if it will work that way.
I can operate the Drone without the camera just fine . fly no problem. But as soon as I hook up that camera the lights shut off no blinking or anything.

Check the cables, and connection points for damage or shorts, if all OK then the problem is in camera/gimbal board. Is this replacement camera new or used?

I purchased it new on eBay. I am waiting for that seller to respond. I did not have any warranty information in the Box.

I have changed out the flex cable from the board to the cam and it made no difference. What I have noticed is when I plug in the flex cable into the new cam and gimbal that there is a little square metal heat capacitor? It gets very hot one and plug the cam it is not. I don't think it should get that hot to where it burns your finger. There could be a problem with the board in the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94