UgCS issues connecting to P4 Pro via Samsung Tab S2 tablet

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm new here. I am having all sorts of issues getting my tablet running the UgCS app for DJI to connect to my controller. I've tried a number of different approaches in the connection procedure etc, will limited success. I have successfully used it on a couple of occasions and it was a pleasure to use, however on many more occasions I just can't get it to connect. I originally had a Tab A which I've discovered are not the ideal tablet, however it did work for two missions. I've now purchased a new Tab S2 which UgCS recommend. I haven't been able to get it connected as yet. I've contacted UgCS but there support arm does not appear to have their head around the issue, they ought too as there are heaps of people with the same issue. I'm hoping that somebody may have the answer here please. Cheers, Paul.

Hi from Australia Paul. I too started with a Tab A. I was all new to the scene (still am !!) and I couldn't connect no matter how hard I tried. I got the Tab A as a freebie when I bought my Samsung S7 mobile phone (cell phone). I could get my S7 to connect no troubles at all but the Tab A just refused to connect !! As I prefer Android, I reluctantly went out and bought a Sumsung S2 tablet. I got it home and I still couldn't get it to connect for love nor money !! Seeing how it cost me AU $850 I decided to keep trying. I tried everything I could find here on the forum, YouTube and on the internet. It still wouldn't connect. Sometimes it would connect once or twice then nothing. The only way I found it to connect was to become a developer and go into settings and find "select USB configuration". You have to uncheck "MTP - Media Transfer Protocol" and click on "RNDIS - USB Internet" a little bit further down the same page. I then got it to connect but every time I shut the S2 down it would revert back to the default and i'd have to do it all over every time I wanted to connect !! I was worried that it may do it mid-flight, so I decided I didn't want to take the chance !! As much as I prefer Android, I did some more research and went into town and bought an IPad Pro (AU $1050). It connects first time .... every time !! The Samsung Tab A we gave to our son, the S2 became my everyday tablet for surfing the net when i'm away and the IPad Pro is used for nothing except flying my P4P. I have read on here that some people use the S2 without any problems at all, while others have all sorts of problems trying to connect. Good luck with yours. I hope it works out !! Cheers.

Hey Sharpshooter! Yep, that describes my experience to a tee. Works one day, not the next. TBH, I'd have an apple tablet any day, but, UgCS is only for android. It's a great package when it all works. I've also tried Samsung mobile phones with limited success. I have had tried all sorts of different processes but might just have to resort to doing what you did on every occasion, as long as I can get it to fire up as I have jobs that need to be done and can't be spending hours in frustration trying to get the bloody thing connected. I've got two brand new Samsung tablets and am still getting nowhere. I really appreciate your advice, thank you.

I have an Archos 101b Oxygen tablet and used to have connection problems all the time, I found that if I start the drone, then start the controller then plug the tablet into the USB on the controller I connect about 99.9% of the time

No SS. Bloody nightmare. I cant see the the RNDIS option anywhere. On the drop notifications list it dosent have it? Can you walk me through how you did it please.

Sorry to take so long to answer you mate !! Ok, you have to go onto your tablet and find where it asks you if you want to be a developer somewhere. I think it's in "settings" and right down at the bottom of the page in "developer options". Once you've done that, in "settings" and in "developer options", scroll down until you find "select USB configuration". When you click on that a box will open up and "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol" will probably be checked. Click on "RNDIS" (USB Ethernet). Try that mate. No guarantees !! Once I clicked on RNDIS I could connect to my drone but every time I shut the tablet down it went back to default (MTP - Media Transfer Protocol) on start-up. Hope it works !! Cheers mate.

Hi Paul,
I'm CTO of SPH Engineering. I'm very sorry for this unresolved problem. I tried to identify your request in our support system - is it UGCSSD-2892?

Paul,

I'm apologise for these troubles. After investigations with our support I have learned that Samsung Tab 2 worked well in past but after some DJI firmware update it stopped working with DJI GO4 apps.

Could you check that you can connect to your drone using DJI GO4?

I also found lot of complaints on similar problems on DJI forum. for example

Cannot connect to Galaxy tab s2, 8"

Samsung galaxy tab s2 won't connect in dji go

Hi folks. I'm new here. I am having all sorts of issues getting my tablet running the UgCS app for DJI to connect to my controller. I've tried a number of different approaches in the connection procedure etc, will limited success. I have successfully used it on a couple of occasions and it was a pleasure to use, however on many more occasions I just can't get it to connect. I originally had a Tab A which I've discovered are not the ideal tablet, however it did work for two missions. I've now purchased a new Tab S2 which UgCS recommend. I haven't been able to get it connected as yet. I've contacted UgCS but there support arm does not appear to have their head around the issue, they ought too as there are heaps of people with the same issue. I'm hoping that somebody may have the answer here please. Cheers, Paul.
Been there and done that!! I bit the Bullet and went to Apple, all your problems will go away....DJI and Apple are in bed together on these Drones....Good Luck

I agree P4P. As much as it's annoying to have to pay out a lot of money to buy a new tablet, i was getting nowhere trying to get my S2 to connect. I tried everything for 3 days !! Yes, by being an administator i could change a few things in the S2 but it would go back to default everytime i shut it down. For me, it was simple, i went out and bought an IPad Pro. It works first time, every time !! I know that's easier said than done if you can't afford it but for me, it was the quickest and easiest way to stop the pain !!

Hope it works for you Paul !!
SharpShooter you are a legend mate. YES it worked for me, but i have also bought a new iPad and loaded DJI GS Pro as a back so I don't get stuck in the field with a tablet that won't connect. Thanks again mate, you've done what nearly 6 hours online to a support team were unable to do

Been there and done that!! I bit the Bullet and went to Apple, all your problems will go away....DJI and Apple are in bed together on these Drones....Good Luck
Yes, hearing you mate.
Hi Paul,
I'm CTO of SPH Engineering. I'm very sorry for this unresolved problem. I tried to identify your request in our support system - is it UGCSSD-2892?
thanks. I had 6 hours online with a tech the other night using both tab a & s2, neither would connect reliably. The tech was a nice guy doing his best, but issue wasn't resolved. The RMDIS advice I got here worked. With so many DJI products being used, this is a massive issue for professional operators seeking to rely on UgCS. I love the software once I get connected and cab use it. I'll be using DJI GS Pro as a back up option though as apple and DJI seem to be the perfect solution.

Well, i'm glad I could help Paul. These issues are so frustrating especially when i'm mentally challenged by computers !! o_O It's ok if you're a young dude but at 64 it scrambles my brain cells a little !! Lol. I'm glad I got the IPad Pro as much as I prefer Android but the Apple IPad works first time, every time now. I paid AU $850 for the S2 and 4 days later I forked out $1050 for the IPad Pro = $1900 in 4 days !! The S2 is now my new tablet for when i'm travelling so it hasn't been a waste when all is said and done. Well ol' mate, I hope your S2 serves you well. If there's anything more I can help with, just yell !! Take care. Cheers. :)

Paul, just as a footnote to this topic, I thought i'd describe why I ended up buying an IPad Pro. After I had all the problems I had of both the TabA and the S2 not connecting, I found this page on the DJI help site. It may help other people from going down the same dead end you and I did and save them a heap of money in the process !! Click on this link and have a read. Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help As you start reading up at the top, it details what's recommended by DJI Help and what is also supported by DJI. If you scroll down through the Apple devices at the top, you'll come to Android devices further down. You will notice that neither the TabA or the S2 are supported or recommended by DJI. I rang a large drone company in Sydney and asked what they recommended and they said IPad mini with cellular. I headed off to a Harvey Norman store and as I have a friend on this forum who recommended the IPad Air, I tried to buy one of those but they didn't have any available. I looked at the IPad mini but thought the screen was too small for my old eyes. I kept moving down the list of Apple tablets until I found one that was both recommended and supported. That's how come I decided on the IPad Pro and it also had the 9.7" screen. I only wish I had found that DJI Help page sooner !! Cheers.

Are you guys using the ipads running the new iOS 11.0.2? I’ve been flying my p4p for a while with an ipad air 2 and never had a glitch always worked perfect with iOS 10.3.3 Now a new iOS 11.0.2 came out and I downloaded it and I can’t connect at all. I don’t know how to solve this problem. What iOS are you using with your ipads.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl