UgCS 2.8.1 Update Has Been Released

Reaction score
281release.png

We want to announce the release of UgCS 2.8.1 - an update to UgCS 2.8.

In the new version we have improved DJI vehicle detection algorithm as well as improved the DJI Datalink connectivity and stability. Hold & Continue commands have now been added to all DJI vehicles.

We have improved the performance of UgCS on Mac computers, Mac users should notice a significant increase in performance as the map loading time has been decreased.

Geotagging feature has been improved as it now writes the AMSL altitude into the EXIF record of the image.

Automatic calculation of camera trigger by time / distance has been enabled for Area Scan mission. This means that now to achieve full area coverage you have to enable “Action in every point” checkbox.

Please note that now by default in the installer only Pixhawk/APM and DJI vehicle specific modules are selected. If needed, the ones for other autopilots need to be selected manually. This reduces the load on the computer, making UgCS run smoother and more efficiently.

Get UgCS here: www.ugcs.com

Full public release notes regarding all features and fixes can be found here

Safe flights,
UgCS Team

Hi @UgCS
So, have you noticed this?
FW 1.07: EXIF Altitude data in photos changed (again)

How is your geotagger getting an accurate value into the GPS altitude field in the EXIF data?

I often have large elevation changes across the sites I fly, and have to fly multiple overlapping flights with different AMSLs to maintain GSD, so your product has an obvious appeal to me.

I've just stared experimenting with your front end to fly my missions. I do my processing in p4d for the most part, and having good altitude info can be crucial for these types of survey grids.

Hi,

Our geotagging tool uses raw altitude data from the drone (provided by the drone's barometer) + take-off point altitude.

The take-off point altitude is calculated using the coordinate of the drone at take-off point - this way we get the right ground elevation data from available earth elevation data points. By default it's SRTM.

In most places on Earth the precision of this method will be <30m. However, for some mountain regions, Arctic and Antarctic the accuracy can be worse.

To overcome this problem (the low accuracy of SRTM) UgCS Pro allows you to use custom DEM data. Sometimes it is possible to get these datasets for free for a particular area. In other cases the data can be purchased from commercial providers.

I have installed both the android app and windows version. When I load the Android app it connects to the P3P but the camera view is always upside down. Is there a setting somewhere to make it 180? Neither the DJI Go app, Litchi, have this issue, they display orientation correctly.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31