UFO Sighting From My Phantom?

Wow, this is really interesting that similar things are cought by separate pilots!
My first inclination is that it is something real close to the camera giving the appearance of speed by being smeared across separate camera frames. But I don't think that is a good explanation.
There is a technique where you copy paste little sections of each frame showing only the object and you over lay them on top of each other which enhances the contrast of the object and gives and averaging of what it looks like. That sometimes can give you a better picture of what it might be. It's often used for UFO sightings that are moving and appear to be blinking or glinting. However I don't see that the resolution of the frame grabs is good enough to apply there. But with some patients and a photo management program you should be able to try that technique. But it takes patience and work. Also switching to black-and-white and inverting color of the image can sometimes bring out details that are otherwise missed.

Reactions: Davy Cockett
Here's the footage from the derelict hall, appears at 2.07 for a split second
Personally I'd say it's a bug/insect, I'm 2m behind the phantom, girlfriend by the car, nothing came past me but 100% not a golf ball, bullet, meteorite, bird or 747
Interesting post and glad others have captured similar

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
...in this struggle to ID this object that seems to defy conventional wisdom, is anyone willing to just admit that it's probably something from another world??

...in this struggle to ID this object that seems to defy conventional wisdom, is anyone willing to just admit that it's probably something from another world??
or consider to be as simple as lens / filter flare caused by the sun reflecting of something?

I guess that in the truest sense, the acronym UFO covers a lot of things. That being said, I saw a UFO. Well I can't identify it anyway.

I was flying tonight just as the sun was going down testing my P3P recently returned from DJI for a repair. I really wasn't looking at the feed as much as watching the GPS satellite count and other telemetry while flying so I totally missed the object flying by me just below. I have no clue what it was and I was way above the trees and pretty much anything else that might have caused a collision. Here's the video. See what you think. I was filming at 1080 X 30fps. so I really couldn't do a very good job of slowing it down in post so you could identify it.

Bird dropping, maybe?

Reactions: GPSMapNut
I just have to say life got a little more interesting for me with this thread.
I am a sceptic but I do have a really good photograph of something in the sky back in the 70s using a high-resolution "film" camera. It was analyzed back then by a science team of astronomers and photographic experts and they determined that there is really something photographed and it is not anything to do with properties of the photograph or camera. But they don't know what it is in the sky. They determined the photo is authentic. I have a full write up with time, longitude and latitude etc. The folks at Skyview are helping me figure out where exactly in the sky it was based on my rough information.
But I am a sceptic and feel these things are unusual but not part of the UFO hokum world.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Guys, I'm fascinated by this because something weird also happened to me some time back. I even posted a youtube video hoping to find an explanation.
See below. In the meanwhile I have flown my dji Phantom 2 for over 200 flights and I can easily recognize a fly, an insect, from a bird, but what I captured simply remains unexplainable for me. Maybe we discovered a new species which travel at hundreds of miles per hour.
I also want to point out that on the video of Sutton scarsdale posted on this page is without any doubt an insect.
Have a look and tell me you thoughts.

You will notice that small light in the last filter. It moves left and speeds like a rocket passing the drone. At a 30 frame per second it covers a 90 feet distance in only 5 frames, which is 350 miles/h

Last edited:
Guys, I'm fascinated by this because something weird also happened to me some time back. I even posted a youtube video hoping to find an explanation.
See below. In the meanwhile I have flown my dji Phantom 2 for over 200 flights and I can easily recognize a fly, an insect, from a bird, but what I captured simply remains unexplainable for me. Maybe we discovered a new species which travel at hundreds of miles per hour.
I also want to point out that on the video of Sutton scarsdale posted on this page is without any doubt an insect.
Have a look and tell me you thoughts.

You will notice that small light in the last filter. It moves left and speeds like a rocket passing the drone. At a 30 frame per second it covers a 90 feet distance in only 5 frames, which is 350 miles/h

ok...now this is getting good. Two similar visual phenomenon...two separate events, no clear explanation, but try this...

I'll bet if we asked around there's more of these videos, all taken with drone cameras that often have fixed f-stops. I'll bet whatever this is zooming around is moving so quick that it's invisible to the naked eye, but for a camera who's light intake is not always governed by aperture, something happens that allows the photo capture of this...thing, that's moving faster than anything we're accustomed to.

Other 3 interesting cases

especially a 1,26 middle screen light starts at the cloud

That's some pretty wild stuff. And the crazy thing is, it all looks alike. Seems a pattern that it may be the same thing, but what is it?

Definitely some weird stuff - the OP's video i was agreeing with someone who said golf ball especially since it looked like it came from the open patch of grass, but these last 3...looks like the same thing but not from the ground....very interested now.

Definitely some weird stuff - the OP's video i was agreeing with someone who said golf ball especially since it looked like it came from the open patch of grass, but these last 3...looks like the same thing but not from the ground....very interested now.
Now seriously a golf ball? Now, I'm not a golfer, and I'm sure there is no such golf player who can hit a ball that hard and far. Aside that the trajectory appears to be straight and how could a bullet be shot at the height in horizontal matter. I think there are many more videos out that are not given much attention.

Now seriously a golf ball? Now, I'm not a golfer, and I'm sure there is no such golf player who can hit a ball that hard and far. Aside that the trajectory appears to be straight and how could a bullet be shot at the height in horizontal matter. I think there are many more videos out that are not given much attention.

Yup, my first thought was a golf ball. I have no idea how fast that thing is moving but I'd imagine a golf ball traveling upwards of 150mph would look like a white streak on camera but after the other videos, no longer think its a ball.

There is no way that is a golf ball. If it were, whoever hit that must have an average drive of 1,987 yards.

The ball was traveling in a mostly linear path parallel to the ground for several 100's if not 1000's of yards and at an elevaton of what looks to be 300-400 feet.
It looks like a golf ball, but it's no golf ball from this world. Probably filled with little green men.
Or, what we are seeing is alien space probes (alien drones) sent here to collect data and report back to the home base.
We do this today on Mars, Jupiter etc...

Reactions: Derek Mackinnon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.