UAV Business Software

Reaction score
My name is Matt, I hope I am posting this in the right forum.

I am a DJI phantom 2 plus owner as well as a computer programmer and I am getting ready to take the UAS 107 Exam and was thinking. How nice it would be to have a single software program that would allow me to track my clients, quick access to the rules and laws, record flight plans, estimating and invoicing as well. It would allow me to to bill the customer as well as store pictures and videos, of each job. You will be able to estimate from it as well and print all sorts of documents such as insurance, invoices, estimates, walkthroughs etc etc.

I'm just looking for feedback and to see if there is any interest in such a program,

I look forward to any suggestion good or bad,

Reactions: auen1
As retired professional photographer that has used a few software portrait programs over the years. You are definitely on to something that would be great. Wish I had followed in my dad's footsteps as a lead analyst programmer.

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's a great idea, I know I would be interested....

However it's a monumental task to do it right (which I'm sure you know). It took me almost 3 years to complete the core GUI and code base for a BMS for the service industry ( HA-HVAC/R ) I've supported that program for 15+ years now and I would NEVER ever try that again. :eek: It consumed my life for those 3 years.

Personally I would not be interested in any cloud based system (database), local only for me. What did you have in mind?

Reactions: adksigns
I like the idea behind this. But contrary to current trends I'm would not be interested in Cloud based unless you could sell me on the reason for that over local.

I look forward to hearing your ideas and process.

Reactions: adksigns
No cloud stuff here, I would make a Windows and Mac version (customer option). It would be business friendly, your name and logo on all documents that are printed. Convert quotes to invoices, large client area for tracking lots of detail, an inventory system the will track all of your equipment, whether it be a simple camera to a multi dollar high end drone separately , with no limit. I want to keep it simple but extremely flexible and powerful.

Reactions: RJ_Make and BigAl07
It sounds very promising.

Just a general question.. will it have any ap interface for in-the-field support?

I think what Al is asking, will the system allow for off-site communication with the database.

For example: The ability to enter pre or post - flight / mission record data out in the field.

Reactions: BigAl07
I think what Al is asking, will the system allow for off-site communication with the database.

For example: The ability to enter pre or post - flight / mission record data out in the field.

BINGO! One thing I would like is the interface to be mobile (to some degree) so that Airspace, flight data, etc is entered into the database from in the field. I may be grasping at the impossible here though.

My original thought was have a dedicated small laptop maybe a 11.6 inch screen, the complete software package would be installed on it. So you would be able to do everything you need while in the field and at home. You would be able to enter all of your data, flight plan etc, you could use internet from your phone via wifi to further access/enter gps mapping etc.

By doing this it would keep the cost down considerably. Another option would be to incorporate a server into the equation which would allow remote access to your software but the price then becomes quite unrealistic for the small business and hobby guy; and you would need internet as well.

Another option would be to work in the field and then drop your database file into a dropbox and then copy it from your home computer dropbox to the install folder for further updating and data processing.

There are many ways of doing things, but cost always becomes a factor. I'm thinking simple to the point expandable and easy to use.

The big picture is what features do we most want,

Thanks everyone for the feedback this is great!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31