UAS Test

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the UAS Knowledge Test. The complete course for life $149.00 given at airports in your area.
They say this is real and required if you want to fly your drone, or is this a company just trying to hook us into a test that is not required?
What testing is required to fly a drone for non commercial use and just to fly for taking photos and videos for pleasure only?

Last edited:
What testing is required to fly a drone for non commercial use and just to fly for taking photos and videos for pleasure only?
No tests are required to fly as a hobbyist.

The knowledge test is required to apply for your part FAA 107 SUAS license. It is a 60 question, multiple choice test. I would have not been able to pass the test if I hadn't taken an on-line class first. Nothing is needed as a hobbiest but please be aware of the FAA rules and don't exceed height limits and be aware of restricted flight areas.

Has anyone heard of the UAS Knowledge Test. The complete course for life $149.00 given at airports in your area.
They say this is real and required if you want to fly your drone, or is this a company just trying to hook us into a test that is not required?
Who is "they"? Who is telling you this?

As noted, in the United States, no license is required for hobby/recreational drone flight.

So what are my chances of just simply taking the part 107 exam and passing with no training course for commercial drone certification? I already have basic airman knowledge since I have over 15 hours of flight time in a cessna with an instructor. I already know about airspace, weather reports, aeronautical charts, etc. All I really need to know is the minimums for drone flying. Do I have a good chance of passing?

So what are my chances of just simply taking the part 107 exam and passing with no training course for commercial drone certification?
You stand a great chance since most of the content is not drone specific.

If interested, you can find free FAA Part 107 study resources here.

So what are my chances of just simply taking the part 107 exam and passing with no training course for commercial drone certification? I already have basic airman knowledge since I have over 15 hours of flight time in a cessna with an instructor. I already know about airspace, weather reports, aeronautical charts, etc. All I really need to know is the minimums for drone flying. Do I have a good chance of passing?
Take this sample test and see how you do. That's the best way to see where you stand.

FAA Part 107 Ground School

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan