TX Throttle stays centered

Gizmo3000 said:
So is it true that all new Phantom's are shipped with spring loaded self centering Tx throttles?
can anyone verify?

If there's a DJI factory rep around, you might get your answer. The rest of us are only in a position to verify how THEIR transmitter came configured. Mine came yesterday spring-loaded to center.

Racklefratz said:
[

If there's a DJI factory rep around, you might get your answer. The rest of us are only in a position to verify how THEIR transmitter came configured. Mine came yesterday spring-loaded to center.

that's wild.

Imagine it would make it quite difficult flying in manual mode!

Gizmo3000 said:
that's wild. Imagine it would make it quite difficult flying in manual mode!

Why would that be, exactly? The only change is that throttle zero has been changed from full down to throttle spring-centered. That's a problem?

In "manual mode", you want to throttle down, push the stick down. Throttle up, push the stick up. Leave throttle where it is, LEAVE THROTTLE WHERE IT IS. What's the problem?

My first Phantom arrived a week ago, no centered throttle. I made one test flight around the front yard, and when I went to do the upgrades, my USB hub was dead.

Returned that Phantom, the second new Phantom arrived yesterday, again without a centered/spring loaded throttle. Will test it this evening as soon as I get home from work (about an hour from now).

Frankly as the owner of other flying RC's, I'm glad the throttle wasn't centered - too confusing.

Racklefratz said:
Gizmo3000 said:
that's wild. Imagine it would make it quite difficult flying in manual mode!

Why would that be, exactly? The only change is that throttle zero has been changed from full down to throttle spring-centered. That's a problem?

In "manual mode", you want to throttle down, push the stick down. Throttle up, push the stick up. Leave throttle where it is, LEAVE THROTTLE WHERE IT IS. What's the problem?

I just imagine that flying in manual mode might be tricky if the throttle wants to stay centered.

and I don't quite get why they would veer away from the norm.

guess we'll see if more people report self-centering Tx's or if DJI says something about it.

It actually mentions in the "Quick Start Manual" v1.6 that from "v3.5" of the Phantom / Controller, the sticks are now self-centreing.

It's a conscious change, but I guess stock (and the community) hasn't caught up yet. To an extent I blame DJI, but it also seems dealers aren't necessarily telling people some of the stuff they should know. Alternately, there are too many people trusting the random internet rather than actually RFM.

mroberts said:
It actually mentions in the "Quick Start Manual" v1.6 that from "v3.5" of the Phantom / Controller, the sticks are now self-centreing.

The actual verbiage is "Note that the stick returns to the central position when released for the transmitter V3.5. For the version below 3.5, the stick cannot hold the central position when released."

Mine came that way, and I missed that because I was too clever to waste time on what the controls do. :oops: And I was confused about it at first. Not sure how to determine one's "transmitter version". At least DJI did include it in the documentation.

mine one came in yesterday, the left stick is spring loaded to center.
so i guess thats correct. :)
i was a bit worried too before i read this thread.

Hey guys,
I recently ordered a new Phantom set up for FPV and indeed the Tx throttle is
spring loaded to center. The new version Tx comes that way and is used as a hover
setting, everything else works the same as before. It takes a little getting use to but
is nice when doing FPV, with the throttle at center the Phantom will hover at where ever
altitude you stop at, landing is the same as before except when you land just hold the throttle
down until the motors stop then let the stick return to center.
If you are unhappy with this change you can indeed remove the centering spring and go back to
the original. Hope this helps.

Don

This is the way all the latest TX will come from the factory......I ordered the part from Shapeways that converts my old TX to the way yours is. I believe you'll fined it Preferred.

Slugger

After going through a couple of batteries with the spring loaded throttle, I like it there.......if I was flying over water I definitely would want it there! :cool:

graybeard said:
Ok great, it's centered!
Now, how do you shut down the motors so you can unplug the battery without turning your hand into sushi????

graybeard
Throttle down. After a few seconds it cuts off.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graybeard said:
Ok great, it's centered!
Now, how do you shut down the motors so you can unplug the battery without turning your hand into sushi????

graybeard

After you crash/flip it once and damage all 4 props because of the centred throttle, you remember to hold it down until the motors shut off lol

Just got my Phantom (yesterday). Noticed that the throttle was centred, after flying (well hovering) helis for a while I thought that it would power up and disappear inton the sky. Well I thought I would give it a try. Its perfect in the centre, let go of the sticks and the Phantom hovers. Can imagine this would be perfect for flying over water.....

I realize this is an old thread, but if any of you guys that AREN'T happy with the throttle spring centering thing and have removed that part, and you still have it laying around and would take a couple bucks for it, shoot me an email.
[email protected]

I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands. I ordered the shapeways one, and it seems that they have some issues with their tolerances, since I can't seem to get the thing to perfectly center now.

Tuesday I recieved replacement Phantom and the transmitter was as discribed. I imediatley opened it up and removed the spring and tightened down on the friction bar. Ta Da all fixed

CG3
Hey man where is the friction bar, thx

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj