TX Throttle stays centered

Reaction score
Hi,

Since a couple of days I'm the proud owner of my Phantom.
Now I'm trying to get it started, but no go.

I tried everything (or at least I think I did).
The strange the I keep running into is that my Throttle stick is centering and it keeps doing so.
In all the video's and descriptions I see that it has to automatically stays down.
But mine won't

Any suggestions?

Right now I'm still guessing and not flying

Thx

soulstick said:
Hi,

Since a couple of days I'm the proud owner of my Phantom.
Now I'm trying to get it started, but no go.

I tried everything (or at least I think I did).
The strange the I keep running into is that my Throttle stick is centering and it keeps doing so.
In all the video's and descriptions I see that it has to automatically stays down.
But mine won't

Any suggestions?

Right now I'm still guessing and not flying

Thx

Well that's a new one!

So what you're saying is that the left joystick behaves exactly like the right joystick, and it springs back to center no matter where you put it?

my advice would be to take a quick video of it,. email that to your dealer and demand a new Transmitter or technical advice.

My guess is that when they put your Tx together at the factory, they messed up and installed the wrong joystick.

There might be a chance tho that these joysticks can easily be converted to be un-sprung by merely opening up the Tx and removing or altering things, but I have no idea

Thx for your reply.

It is indeed identical to the right joystick.
When I'm pushing it down and releashing it it's returning to it's center position.

Good idea to record the problem.

Is there any possibility that it is a settings problem?
I would like to fly instead of returning it

DJI says ( in one of the manuals) that they check every copter leaving the factory.
Well I guess they missed this one :?

Well I think you *might* be in luck, I just checked the manual and think it's quite do-able! (tho I had never cracked open the Tx, so maybe someone else can chime in).

But go to the DJI support web page
http://www.dji-innovations.com/download ... downloads/

and downlaod the "Phantom Advanced Manual v1.4)
or download this link
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... ual_en.pdf

page 5 mentions something about removing Centering Units and springs and shows Throttle Rachet, I think that's the stuff you want to mess around with to get it working.
May as well give it a shot, it won't break the warranty I'm sure if for any reason you need to send it back.

But do make a video of it for the records, send it to DJI or your dealer to get an apology!

I'm now waiting for a reaction of the reseller.
Maybe the best I can do.

The quadcopter was in backorder for 3 weeks and finally arrived 3 days ago.
So I'm hoping it's indeed the latest version, but I don't know if it's a new standard for center throttle.

@gizmo3000
How do you know for sure that it won't void my warrenty if I open the TX.
It's written in the manual to not open the aircraft or TX. But theres nothing about warrnenty.

Could this be the problem why my motors don't start??
Everything is working, calibration, led signals, etc but no spinning motors

Tuesday I recieved replacement Phantom and the transmitter was as discribed. I imediatley opened it up and removed the spring and tightened down on the friction bar. Ta Da all fixed

CG3

chipgibbs said:
Tuesday I recieved replacement Phantom and the transmitter was as discribed. I imediatley opened it up and removed the spring and tightened down on the friction bar. Ta Da all fixed

CG3
NOT fixed, you broke it!

Can I have your extra parts?

With the new firmware, I WANT a spring loaded throttle. Up from center is climb, down from center is descend. Just let it go, and it will hover.

I'm guessing they are now coming that way. I wish I could purchase the parts so my throttle would be spring laded.

I've tried with and without it and no luck!!

Everything is working and calibrating but no spinning motors with any of the combinations.

I'm beginning to think it's not the TX (especially after the last post).
But what could it be?!

I'll gues I'm trying to get error codes on my computer. Maybe that will give some clues.
First have to find me a windows machine :lol:

The RX is reacting to all other changes from the TX. Like mode switch and everything. It gives light beacons as a reaction
Only no spinning motors or activation wathsoever.

I'll contact the reseller for a replacement. It's been 4 days now of trying, reading, thinking, frustrating and 0 cm lift off.

I've been flying rc things for 30 years....in my mind its fixed. All I need is one rc vehicle that works completely different from all the others and the inventory will deminish very quickly

soulstick said:
The RX is reacting to all other changes from the TX. Like mode switch and everything. It gives light beacons as a reaction
Only no spinning motors or activation wathsoever.

I'll contact the reseller for a replacement. It's been 4 days now of trying, reading, thinking, frustrating and 0 cm lift off.
We've all been chatting about your spring loaded throttle but not about the failure for the motors to start. You have been pushing your sticks together at the bottom to start, correct? See this:
http://wiki2.dji-innovations.com/en/ind ... ck_Command

I though the centering throttle was the problem why the motors weren't spinning. That's the reason for the subjectname
But that wasn't these case.

I really tried everything to make it work (at least everything I can think of), but no luck.
I tried all the CSC's.

I got in contact with the reseller and I can return it immediately.
So better luck with the next one:)

chipgibbs said:

Wow. You're a radical dude.

I don't think it needs "fixing". I think they just decided to revise it from stick down=zero throttle to stick centered=zero throttle.

The throttle on mine I got today is spring loaded to center. I've installed the 3.12 firmware update and it all works fine. After startup, motors idle when I release the stick to its center position, and up is up, down is down, center is hover.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :roll:

While I appreciate the idea behind the centered throttle stick, it assumes you don't fly anything else. I worry that if you take several flying things to the field your liable to center the stick on something that will be at half throttle. I personnally don't want to have helis, planes and a phantom with controls that aren't similar.
Not radical....just not a thrill seeker

CG3

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj