Two things (P3S)

Reaction score
OK, I have been asking questions about the the phantom 3 standard and I went ahead and bought a used one for $200 yesterday. I asked the guy before I drove to meet him if there were any stress cracks on the arms as I have seen that this can be an issue with the phantom drones. He said that there weren't and I trusted him so I didn't check it while doing the transaction. I checked today and there are a couple of very small ones on two of the four arms. Is this a big deal or can they be repaired if so?

Secondly when I take my android phone through the initial setup process it is saying that the password is not valid (I used the default 12341234). Has anyone else had this issue? If so what is the fix?

OK, I have been asking questions about the the phantom 3 standard and I went ahead and bought a used one for $200 yesterday. I asked the guy before I drove to meet him if there were any stress cracks on the arms as I have seen that this can be an issue with the phantom drones. He said that there weren't and I trusted him so I didn't check it while doing the transaction. I checked today and there are a couple of very small ones on two of the four arms. Is this a big deal or can they be repaired if so?

Secondly when I take my android phone through the initial setup process it is saying that the password is not valid (I used the default 12341234). Has anyone else had this issue? If so what is the fix?
Password on back of remote,,just install djigo and sync flights that way they come to your device and because it used no activation required ,turn drone and rc on and let wifi find it,,200 very good,,some cracks can be bad but very small no issue,,can get alloy or plastic braces for bottom of motors to help protect and stop further cracking or bit of Fibre glass resign to hold

If crack small like first pic,(me over tighten screw) it's ok if like other it's unsafe and need new shell or some sort of brace
1549921428511-171665509.jpg
1549921496516-34114713.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Password on back of remote,,just install djigo and sync flights that way they come to your device and because it used no activation required ,turn drone and rc on and let wifi find it,,200 very good,,some cracks can be bad but very small no issue,,can get alloy or plastic braces for bottom of motors to help protect and stop further cracking or bit of Fibre glass resign to hold

Thanks Ianzone! The password on the back of the remote is 12341234 what should I try next? Also are the braces you refer to designed and marketed (on eBay or Amazon) or ones that diy
If crack small like first pic,(me over tighten screw) it's ok if like other it's unsafe and need new shell or some sort of braceView attachment 108405View attachment 108406
See attached pictures

Attachments

• 2019-02-11 16.00.54.jpg
    2019-02-11 16.00.54.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 481
  • 2019-02-11 16.02.00.jpg
    2019-02-11 16.02.00.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 450
  • 2019-02-11 16.02.36.jpg
    2019-02-11 16.02.36.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 431
Thanks Ianzone! The password on the back of the remote is 12341234 what should I try next? Also are the braces you refer to designed and marketed (on eBay or Amazon) or ones that diy

See attached pictures
Yip find some braces you like to be safe,they cheap and come with screws,,ok wifi,go into app in wifi setting and change the password from 12341234 ,previous owner might have changed it,,has to be 8 letters and numbers , also on your device you might need to enter in there if it doesn't find time to conect,I get you some pics of mine to show

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
when I take my android phone through the initial setup process it is saying that the password is not valid (I used the default 12341234). Has anyone else had this issue? If so what is the fix?
If the previous owner changed the password and didn't give it you when he sold it to you, you can also reset it to default by following these instructions in the manual.

1549923838286.png

If I'm being honest, I'd be rather upset if the seller said "no cracks" and in fact there were clearly cracks as shown in your photos. On the other hand, it was up to you to inspect and as you noted you didn't. You can try to band aid it (search will show you literally hundreds of posts on this), replace the shell, or perhaps get your money back from the seller.

Last edited:
" Check for nicks and scratches "...on all 4 props..with the engines mounted way out their...damaged props will sure vibrate and greatly accelerate cracks !

The four motors tiny screws have a lock tite on the tiny threads...But its a plastic friendly lock tite and very expensive...the regular lock tite will soften the plastic..and you sure don't want that to happen !

Replace with only OEM Dji two blade props any other brands are a real joke.

If crack small like first pic,(me over tighten screw) it's ok if like other it's unsafe and need new shell or some sort of braceView attachment 108405View attachment 108406
Looks like most likely overtightening of the screws as each crack seems to originate from the screw holes. Maybe the previous owner had mounted brackets for the prop guards and possibly over tightened them after removing them. Should be fixable but care would be advised when tightening the screws when finished with the repairs.

Reactions: P3P

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31