Two row circular Pano Possible?

Reaction score
I am experimenting with circular panos in Litchi. So far I have only been able to create a single row (circle) 360 degrees. To get more of a radius, I tried a two row 360 degree pano but even though the camera is pointing straight down when I start, it returns to the normal position looking straight ahead and starts there - not what I want. I have tried different camera degree settings, with and without nadirs and still it starts in the default position, whereas if I do a single row the camera stays where I put it - pointing down. Is it possible to do a two row circular (360deg) pano in Litchi?

Here is a single row (16 shots) pano assembled in Photoshop. The second shot is the edited version in PS.

Attachments

• P3S-0680-Edit.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 373
  • TreesPano4-2-Edit.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 429
I am experimenting with circular panos in Litchi. So far I have only been able to create a single row (circle) 360 degrees. To get more of a radius, I tried a two row 360 degree pano but even though the camera is pointing straight down when I start, it returns to the normal position looking straight ahead and starts there - not what I want. I have tried different camera degree settings, with and without nadirs and still it starts in the default position, whereas if I do a single row the camera stays where I put it - pointing down. Is it possible to do a two row circular (360deg) pano in Litchi?

Here is a single row (16 shots) pano assembled in Photoshop. The second shot is the edited version in PS.

It appears that Litchi will only allow you to start at 0°(which is straight out and level) for the start of a 2 row pano. I looked at my Autopilot app and it allows the pano to start well below 0° when set in intermediate mode. It could be worth a try or you could just shoot the images manually in the Go 4 app. Nice edited tree pano.

It appears that Litchi will only allow you to start at 0°(which is straight out and level) for the start of a 2 row pano. I looked at my Autopilot app and it allows the pano to start well below 0° when set in intermediate mode. It could be worth a try or you could just shoot the images manually in the Go 4 app. Nice edited tree pano.

Thanks! I might check out AutoPilot. I'll check their website and see if I can download a manual. Does it have more features than Litchi? From reading about it on the App store it seems very similar to Litchi. I might try shooting a single row circular pano in Litchi and then when it completes manually shoot the next row and see how it turns out.

Chris

I am experimenting with circular panos in Litchi. So far I have only been able to create a single row (circle) 360 degrees. To get more of a radius, I tried a two row 360 degree pano but even though the camera is pointing straight down when I start, it returns to the normal position looking straight ahead and starts there - not what I want. I have tried different camera degree settings, with and without nadirs and still it starts in the default position, whereas if I do a single row the camera stays where I put it - pointing down. Is it possible to do a two row circular (360deg) pano in Litchi?.
You can do 1, 2 or 3 row panoramas.
I find that it takes 3 rows to get full coverage for something like this: SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity
Here's the (most of) same image using only two rows to make the picture:
949-67AAA-X3.jpg

I also use three rows or 2.5 rows for simple panoramas like this:
299-311a-XL.jpg

And I shoot my panoramas manually because it's faster, easier and more flexible than using any app is.
This is a bit old now but explains the basics: SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

Wow Meta4, those are beautiful panos.

Before I started using Litchi, I tried it manually in GO and although they worked ok, I get better results with Litchi. I think I will use Litchi to do the initial row pointing down and then do the other rows manually. The difficulty I have is sometimes my P3S moves around a bit leading to stitching errors. Thanks for the link to PetaPixel - I'll check it out.

Chris

Thanks! I might check out AutoPilot. I'll check their website and see if I can download a manual. Does it have more features than Litchi? From reading about it on the App store it seems very similar to Litchi. I might try shooting a single row circular pano in Litchi and then when it completes manually shoot the next row and see how it turns out.

Chris

Autopilot does have more features and a larger learning curve.

Autopilot does have more features and a larger learning curve.

Thanks for the info. I'll investigate Autopilot more when I get some more time. Right now I am happy with Litchi and will try doing the second row or even the third row of a 360 deg circular pano manually after Litchi does the first row to see what I can get. If autopilot offers me more features that Litchi doesn't have or extensions to those features, I may consider purchasing it in the future. I still have not tried out all of the features in Litchi yet but hope to soon.

Chris

Meta4,
Thanks for sharing your panos and for the link to your SkyPixel page (I erroneously said PetaPixel in my previous reply). When I first tried panos with GO manually, shortly after getting my P3S, I was disappointed in the results because I had trouble keeping the AC steady, then I discovered Litchi and was hooked. Your panos have inspired me to try manual shots again now that I am much more familiar with how my P3S handles and a little more skilled at flying it - so thank you for that.

Also, it was refreshing to see your aerial photography talents, because most of your responses I read on PhantomPilots are of you helping and analyzing the flight logs of people who have had problems or have crashed their drones.

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20