Two battery modification unintended damage

Reaction score
I got the two battery modification for the advanced/professional and installed it. Part of the process involved removing 4 pins from a motherboard connector that go to the vision positioning module and putting in a longer cable. The cable was not long enough. I found that after I flew today that the connector on the vision positioning module has been ripped off the board. I have to assume I flew without this board being active.

Am I correct in assuming that I do not need this module for outdoor flight?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I got the two battery modification for the advanced/professional and installed it. Part of the process involved removing 4 pins from a motherboard connector that go to the vision positioning module and putting in a longer cable. The cable was not long enough. I found that after I flew today that the connector on the vision positioning module has been ripped off the board. I have to assume I flew without this board being active.

Am I correct in assuming that I do not need this module for outdoor flight?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
You can fly without it, yes. There have been threads about successfully removing the VPS module completely to save power since the app option does not turn it completely off.

The VPS module is needed for firmware updates however, so you'll need to have it functioning during an update if you ever do one in the future.

Last edited:
I am looking for the person that added 2 4s batteries to his existing smart battery
Anyone know where can I find the post?????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31