Resetting smart battery after mod

Reaction score
Hi all, I have done mods to 4 battery packs, removing old swollen dji cells and replacing with fresh cells I took from flourene 2200mah packs, which fit perfectly inside the dji battery pack casing.

So far, 2 of these worked perfectly. However, the other two will light up all the green lights at first, but quickly the red light is the only light remaining on, and it stays on for quite a while. Connecting to the charger temporarily fixes this, but the Light on charger doesnt stay red, and once its unplugged the battery will do the same as before. I have tried holding power button, plug in and out small connector within 2 seconds and release power button to no success. Have also tried holding a wire between ground and reset locations on the board, no change. Have left the plug unplugged for 60 min and no change as well. I will attatch a video tomorrow, but can anyone offer help for this issue?

Hi all, I have done mods to 4 battery packs, removing old swollen dji cells and replacing with fresh cells I took from flourene 2200mah packs, which fit perfectly inside the dji battery pack casing.

So far, 2 of these worked perfectly. However, the other two will light up all the green lights at first, but quickly the red light is the only light remaining on, and it stays on for quite a while. Connecting to the charger temporarily fixes this, but the Light on charger doesnt stay red, and once its unplugged the battery will do the same as before. I have tried holding power button, plug in and out small connector within 2 seconds and release power button to no success. Have also tried holding a wire between ground and reset locations on the board, no change. Have left the plug unplugged for 60 min and no change as well. I will attatch a video tomorrow, but can anyone offer help for this issue?
Sorry - no personal experience but a quick search here with keywords 'battery new cells' came up with some results, most of which I didn't look at. You could also try other searches using some alternative keywords.

But in the link below the poster wrote something which might set you off on the right track. He wrote that with the P3 battery control boards there are two contacts that you short across, apparently. Possibly the same on the P2? - some sort of fairly noticeable jumper maybe? (Be careful though).

Last edited:
I just did the mod on my phantom 2 try charging the cells using a standard Lipo charger and get the cells around 3.8 volts or something around there. Then try the DJI charger.
FYI once you get the board trained to the new cells only charge using DJI charger or the smart battery will think the batteries dead even if the cells are at 4.2v.
Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers